Perceived randomness

MMATycoon

Hi all. I've had a few people recently say they think that the fight engine is too random.

Whether that's true or not, there's a perception out there creeping in that that's the case. I don't see anything I've done that would change how random / not random the engine is but one there's a perception of something, it can become a problem.

So anyway, I wanna hear what it is people think is too random and I can work on it. Your opinions please!

I haven't seen anything strange either. I don't want to sound too harsh, but I think people are looking too much for a reason in the game engine when they lose and don't want to accept that sliders and even more hiddens are what makes a manager win or lose fights. I haven't noticed anything strange, but then again, I don't see all that well :P

• Upvote 2

when i was using the predict opponent sliders i was getting some "random" results (eg. i would set the opponent sliders to 100% takedowns and then they would take me down with the first attempt in the fight) but since i stopped using the predict opponent sliders everything has gone back to normal.

i only used those sliders for 10 or so fights so not sure if i gave them a fair chance....

I haven't really noticed anything out of the ordinary, except my guys with elite takedown defense get taken down more often. I think that's one of the main issues.

i havent used the prediction sliders yet -- as for randomness i'm not sure i fully understand -- the game has to have some randomness -- maybe some examples of what is happening randomnessly or people feel is randomness -- just not sure i follow the whole "randomness" term or deal -- much like others have mentioned with new changes comes new learning curves -- that part of the game i like, once someone figures out the "perfect" sliders changes need to be made or randomness needs to happen so there is no "perfect" sliders

I don't think perfect sliders ever existed or will exist and they shouldn't. Good sliders yes, but perfect? NO! I think it's very good actually at the moment and that it is just a few persons that lost a few fights and that they aren't used to that and that they want to blame the game engine now. (shit, that was a long sentence and most likely terrible grammar as a consequence :P )

I havent really noticed much of a difference other than ref standups being slightly harder to get and that is suppose to be different. The clinch seems a lil easier to get out of but again thats something that i think got changed. I personally haven't noticed a difference in getting taken down or taking someone down. Seems about the same to me