MMA Tycoon Champions League Sweepstakes!

GBK16

This year is going to be Basel's year!!

go Fc Basel!!

read as " fuck me, I always end up getting a shit team in these competitions"

FC Porto 4 FC Basel 0

Whats wrong with JT?

and, it may not be a one off, but it's not a common enough occurrence, people complained at Chelsea's lack of a reaction on the horror tackle against Matic, so what can Chelsea actually do right?

And everybody is a hypocrite to be honest, and everyone in football is a big hypocrite. Especially the pundits.

This is what I hate (fictional example)....

Pundit, before the game: It really has to be asked, is player X worthy of a place in this team? He' a decent full back but he is hopeless coming forward.

During the game, Player X runs 40 yards with the ball past four defenders, dummies the goalkeeper, and scores.

Pundit, after the game: Lovely goal! As I 've always said, Player X is a threat on the counter to any defence. He has his critics but his quality has never been in doubt for me.

• Upvote 2

Off the top of my head..

Sleeping with a team mates wife,

Selling private tours around CFC illegally,

Racial abusing Anton Ferdinand (ok that's only alleged, by Anton, but Rio believed it and so wouldn't play for England alongside Terry again)

It was his ex girlfriend.. Not any better, but still not all that bad. Giggs did the same no?

I didn't know about that... Pretty shitty but not all that serious

I mean, Rio and Anton are brothers... If my brother told me somebody racially abused him (we're white but whatever) I would refuse to play with that guy whether my brother was telling the truth or not.

As a football player, Terry is very good. But he has a face i cant help wanting to punch it

As a Football player, Terry is one of the best defenders the Premier League has ever seen

As a human being, he is a shambles. Thing is though, his whole family have been involved in scandal at some point (His dad, mum and brother) so really some of it was bound to rub off on him.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

iniesta and neymar just scored a lovely goal - beautiful. so simple. shifting bodyweight, leaving players for dead.

munich 1-0 up at porto. 3-2 to porto now.

edit: 3-0 to munich now! so they lead on aggregate. sorry ken.

edit edit: 4-0 munich. still first half.. barca 5-1 up on aggregate - wooo!

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got around to updating the original post. The final 4 left are

Groove Monkey (Juventus)

Gus Malcolm (Real Madrid)

Barcelona (Bwang Jong Sr)

Bayern Munich (Michael Brakeley)

Best of luck to them in the Semi Finals!

• 5 weeks later...

Come on Barca!!

I know you haven't logged in for a while groovemonkey but still..... Let's do this!!

If Groove Monkey doesn't log in a week after today, I will hold a random draw to decide who wins the $500k instead since I would prefer to cash goes to an active manager.