UFC 208 Holm vs de Randamie Pick'em Thread

kenlow73

Go read the rule changes from the beginning of this year. Control and aggression only counts anymore if the damage is equal

Yeah that is what i understand as well, in which case GDR clearly won this fight. Overall she was closer to winning and that cage pushing Holm was doing was not really getting her anywhere. In fact, at times GDR landed the better strikes (especially knees) while in that clinch.

I think Brunson was penalized mainly because he was waiting around too much and was also way too passive, but still Silva was not doing much more than him. He was maybe a little more confident, but that was it. Anyway, these scoring changes will have similar impact to MMA as Mike's changes to the Tycoon engine, some fights will become much less relevant. Couture in this era would basically be a bum and nowhere near the HOF because most of his fighting was cage leaning and takedown's with ground control.

It should have been a draw, the ref should have taken a point after the second hit after the bell, Not "If you do it a third time, I'm taking a point"

• Upvote 1

Either way both girls would get eaten alive by cyborg.

I am not totally certain that will be the case against GDR. She is a better technical fighter and has a better all around game standing up. Then again, if Cyborg plays this correct, it should be relatively easy because she has the power advantage, she is better in the clinch and on the ground.

I was at the fights so didnt hear any of the announcing, but the judging was terrible all night. I am not referring to the GDR/Holm fight just in general.

In the Poirier vs Miller fight one judge had it 30-27 for Poirier and another judge had it 28-28 with no 10-10 they said. That means one of the rounds a judge scored it 10-9 Poirier and another saw it 10-8 Miller lol.

I was at the fights so didnt hear any of the announcing, but the judging was terrible all night. I am not referring to the GDR/Holm fight just in general.

In the Poirier vs Miller fight one judge had it 30-27 for Poirier and another judge had it 28-28. That means one of the rounds a judge scored it 10-9 Poirier and another saw it 10-8 Miller lol.

Only managed to catch the ME but looking over the card there are a bunch of really funky scorecards. Makhachev got 2 10-8 rounds but the third judge didn't give him any. More 10-8 rounds than I've ever seen on a single card

Only managed to catch the ME but looking over the card there are a bunch of really funky scorecards. Makhachev got 2 10-8 rounds but the third judge didn't give him any. More 10-8 rounds than I've ever seen on a single card

Yeah they were handing out 10-8 rounds like chicklets...

Apparently even Dana had Brunson winning the fight 29-28, giving Silva just the 2nd round. So how every single judge gave it to Silva and one had it a 30-27, nobody can explain. Has anyone actually interviewed some of these judges after controversial decisions? I am not sure i ever saw such an interview, just i would like to understand how they came to these conclusions. I think a lot of them have not fully understood how to interpret the fights after the scoring changes.

Actually it was 50/50 and fluctuating leading up to the fight - not sure who was favourite before the fight

I'm just loving the fact that Browne is now evens over Lewis with some bookies!

seriously? thanks! im betting on browne lol

you betting on Fedor vs Matt Mitrione?

Is that a joke? Browne was clear underdog at 2.30 just the other day - either way I think the Black Beast hype train will derail.

The Fedor Mitrione fight is too risk so I'm not going there

my bad i misread what you posted, but i think browne will work him. i would only bet if he was an underdog though...