Wilder V Fury Who wins?

BobbMogg

With power like Wilder's in a game of fisticuffs you're always one punch away from a very different result.

I think the muscle gain zapped his cardio, he got caught, and wasn't prepared for Fury to out-aggro him... and/or maybe he actually believed he would land that one hitter quitter much earlier then the 11th or 12th round. It's not like he cuts weight. 216 to 232 is muscle gain.

I think we'd see a much more competitive second fight.

Got popped in the ear which fucked up his equilibrium.

I was hearing that actually it was only a cut, but yeah, it looked like he lost his equilibrium.

Frankly speaking, if Fury comes as prepared as he was in this fight, i cannot see it ending any way different. He was faster, the better boxer and he seemed to roll with the punches Wilder was throwing. I am not sure i want to see a 3rd fight, but then again, i will watch it if they do set it up.

Wilder lost his equilibrium by getting hit behind the ear, much like Joshua in the first Ruiz fight. His footwork and balance never recovered. Also putting on 20 pounds of muscle definitely was a bad idea as he was visibly slower.

Injured or not I hope we dont see another fight, at least not immediately because Joshua-Fury for the Undisputed title in the UK would be one of the biggest fights ever.

• Upvote 1

Wilder lost his equilibrium by getting hit behind the ear, much like Joshua in the first Ruiz fight. His footwork and balance never recovered. Also putting on 20 pounds of muscle definitely was a bad idea as he was visibly slower.

Injured or not I hope we dont see another fight, at least not immediately because Joshua-Fury for the Undisputed title in the UK would be one of the biggest fights ever.

It seems the Joshua - Fury fight wont be happening soon. The best case scenario is 2021 for that fight.

Actually, strike that, it seems Hearn wants to have it this year.

Wilder got fucked up plain and simple. Looked like himself. Even landed a few of those right hands but Fury took them very well and rolled with them. Walked Wilder down, Wilder struggled bad fighting off his back foot. Fury's reach gave him problems, where Wilder would try to post with the left hand (kinda like Jon jones does) but that doesn't work against a 6'9" 85" reach skilled boxer. Out of 19 rounds, Wilder has won 3-5 at best maybe even only 2 depending on how you score fights. Trilogy fight I don't see going much different. But id still like to see it just to remove all doubt. Really hope Fury stays with Sugar Hill at Kronk gym.

• Downvote 1

Wilder has had some funky excuses to tell us about today so looks like the rematch will be next for these two but cant see wilder being able to do anything different so will be same result.

AJ vs Fury at the back end of the year all being well. Zero chance its in the UK it wont generate the money other countries can.

Wouldnt surprise me if Fury walked off into the sunset tho it would be a silly move for him

Wouldnt surprise me if Fury walked off into the sunset tho it would be a silly move for him

You mean before he fights Wilder + Joshua? I think we will at least do those 2 fights, the money involved and the legacy (which matters to him), is too much to ignore. He said he will do 3 more fights. Wilder + Joshua + one other (he mentioned Whyte and Chisora as potential last fights)

If I was the promotor, it would be Fury vs Joshua, and Wilder vs Ruiz, both sometime this summer. Then winner fights winner, loser fights loser, at the end of the year.

Well if Ruiz beats Wilder and Joshua wins his fight, there is little chance a trilogy fight with Joshua will take place. For Anthony it is a high risk fight and one he will probably want to avoid because he won the last fight.

I think Wilder vs Ruiz will be an interesting one, but not sure Wilder wants to fight someone who just came off a loss.

Yeah it's Wilder's choice not the promoter's, it's in his contract.

So it's Wilder-Fury 3 for sure as Wilder is gonna take rematch for his legacy. Walking away from the man who took his title would ruin his legacy.

I just want to hear Joshua say he want's that fight in his own words.

• Upvote 1

Third fight will be a lot more competitive. Don't expect Wilder to reinvent his style, but I'd be surprised to see him get bullied that early on again.

If he can make a couple of adjustments, learn to counter off the back foot, slip and counter with his back on the ropes that would help somewhat, I'm a big fan of both fighters, although Wilders excuses after the last fight left me shaking my head, and he has gone down in my estimation since. The guy however is an Olympic bronze medallist, and you don't win one of those without having some boxing ability, just think he's become complacent by relying to much on his big right hand, and tbh why not because it had worked for him up until the Rematch with Fury. I for one would have preferred to have seen a unification match between Joshua and Fury, but I suppose what's intriguing about Fury Wilder 3 is that he's going to have to adjust and come with a plan b, otherwise the outcome will be the same as the last fight.

Third fight will be a lot more competitive. Don't expect Wilder to reinvent his style, but I'd be surprised to see him get bullied that early on again.

I disagree. Wilder isn't good at fighting while backing up. Tyson is too big and strong when they fight chest to chest, and in that close Wilder doesn't have enough distance to land that explosive right hand. Out of range, Tyson has the better reach which also gave Wilder problems. Tyson will walk him down and beat him up. Maybe if Wilder stopped blaming his costume, and worked on what actually was the problem, he would last longer. But I don't think he wins. Yea he has that crazy power but thats almost it. Tyson has won at least 13 of the 19 rounds they fought, I think he won more like 16-17. Similar result in the 3rd fight.

Now that iv said that, watch Wilder get a 1st round knock out in the trilogy lol.

• Upvote 1

If Fury comes as prepared as this one, i think the outcome will be the same. Wilder has the "equalizer" but other than that, he has no chance winning any other way. In the previous fight, Fury was rolling really well with his power right crosses and hooks, so we will see.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...