Less People are Playing the Game

jammon896

Maybe we should get a thread started on sites like Sherdog etc, how about VIP trials like 15 days or something?

Word of mouth.

Website advertising.

Friends and Family.

Sandwich board?

Maybe we should get a thread started on sites like Sherdog etc, how about VIP trials like 15 days or something?

Word of mouth.

Website advertising.

Friends and Family.

Sandwich board?

every SD thread made almost immediately goes to the wasteland

also large numbers of new users at one time can cause lots of problems. slow steady growth is the way to go. Imagine if 3000 people signed up in one day, and then how many of them will make multi accounts and so on.

Offering new users a first week free Vip trial would go down well, Vip makes the game easier and a lot more addicting, it would let new players see more potential in the game without having to fork out for something they are 50/50 about.

Afterall, everyone says Vip is the way it should be played, so introduce it to new members as a trial, I believe if new people got the game features we have, it could make more people stick with us.

Yeah like a VIP tour, maybe see the pops side, how many people are training in a session, and some smaller options.

Could be on to a winner.

I wonder if mike introduced new features and maybe had a Gold, Silver, Bronze membership.

Maybe

Gold 15 fighters, 2 companies

Silver 10 fighters, 1 company

Bronze 8 fighters

With the new money coming in it could be invested some how etc etc.

I don't know, I don't want this thread to turn into a bashing again, cos it aint fair.

** No bashing **

One thing that's really annoying me is the submission spam in fights. Its happened in 2 of my last 5 fights resulting in me losing. All they do is spam submission and then I lose by decision. So annoying.

One thing that's really annoying me is the submission spam in fights. Its happened in 2 of my last 5 fights resulting in me losing. All they do is spam submission and then I lose by decision. So annoying.

not too mention spam kicking and spam punching ----- and too top it off spam clinching

..you know successfully defending a sub scores, right?

Be active and try to sweep/stand or train your takedown D up to elite.

what does this have to do with the thread?

not bashing, i just don't see how we went from people leaving the game to a problem that has been dealt with in the past and just recently re-complained about?

*insert "whatever-i-just-lost-by-spam" rant here*

It's very hard to spread the word, it only appeals to a rare percentage of hardcore mma fans. And there are obstacles stopping new players from really indulging in the game. The learning curve takes a long time in this game and it is almost like taking a shot in the dark when you purchase VIP. When I got all the VIP features the first time I'm like "WOOOOW what game is this??"

Something needs to be done about Trial VIP without extra fighters, or something...

Mike needs to lower prices or do something here, because as a business he is unfortunately getting slowly consumed. I am an advocate for having more benefits for new players, including access to FA's and other things.. balance is essential imo

It's 3 months after the big christmas rush where we get an extra thousand or so people joining. Inactive accounts are deleted after 3 months. No biggie. After I deleted a load of multis in multigate we went from 11,000 to 6,500 so ~9000 is pretty normal. No need to panic.

And we'll have a VIP trial thing in place in the next few months. I'm working on the fight engine and then training first.

• Upvote 2

It's 3 months after the big christmas rush where we get an extra thousand or so people joining. Inactive accounts are deleted after 3 months. No biggie. After I deleted a load of multis in multigate we went from 11,000 to 6,500 so ~9000 is pretty normal. No need to panic.

And we'll have a VIP trial thing in place in the next few months. I'm working on the fight engine and then training first.

That's pretty cool i think once they get the trial VIP they won't want to go back.

No matter what site I go to I make a topic about MMATycoon. I got a couple people to sign up and some are gone and some bought VIP and some made a account and never signed back on again.

I really dont got many other sites I havent made a topic on.

Just from my personal experience:

I have a group of about 6 friends that I normally play games like this with. We have played online football leagues, baseball leagues, and more than one mma simulator in the past. When one of our group started on here, he tried to get the rest of us to start playing. All of us signed up at first, but now only 2 (kind of 3) of us our left. The 2 of us that log in regular are really into it and don't plan on going anywhere, but the initial gameplay just wasn't enough to hook our other friends. I think that trial VIP would have made a world of difference for them. When it goes into effect I'm going to make a push to get them playing again.

I want to promote but it's hard since my countryman doesn't know MMA or are not interested. I tried to get a few RL friends but they are either not interested or not wanting to play because they don't want to pay for VIP.

I want to promote but it's hard since my countryman doesn't know MMA or are not interested. I tried to get a few RL friends but they are either not interested or not wanting to play because they don't want to pay for VIP.

my friends are all old. they laugh when they find out you READ the fights. hell, they usually laugh when you mention a computer. it sometimes just blows my mind that a handful of my friends still don't own a cellphone.

Yeah I'm glad about the trial vip, it will give the newcomers a taste of what we get, and once they get addicted to it, its taken away from them leaving them wanting more, so I think they would go on to actually purchase a membership.

I couldn't imagin having this game without vip, and never realised what I was missing!