Extra company slot for Island?

JoeLang

Not sure if this has been brought up before, but i was just thinking...

The last few seasons of The Island have been pretty ordinary. Lack of companies have made it hard to train and buy products.

I just had a thought that maybe we could open up an option for VIP managers to have an option of starting a second company strictly for the season of The Island? Maybe make it you have to pay "X" amount of VIP days. This company would be restricted to the same rules of The Island of no money coming in. It could encourage more companies and activity for future seasons?

At the end of the season you then have the option of closing or selling your company so you don't own 2 companies.

2 seasons ago i built Sully's and was the only legit nutrition company. Last season i can't even remember who the nutrition company was!

Thoughts? Good idea? Bad idea?

• Upvote 11

I think somebody posted about it a few weeks ago

I don't think you should need to pay extra to open a company tho as you suggested possibly charging VIP days but I think you could have it just like how the fighters are, it's available to you throughout the season and once it comes to an end your left with a choice on what to do with that seasons project whether it be a fighter or a company

I like the idea but I feel that there will be way too many companies if anyone is allowed to open one for free. Either make it cost some VIP days(at least 100 days, because the return could be more than 2-3mil), or make a lottery between the managers that logged in during the last 24h before season opening(excluding newbies and BMMA users), or give 1 slot per every 5 or 10 members of an alliance. I completely agree that last Island season lacked all types of companies, only orgs were enough, and something should be done about it, but I don't want to see 519299194192 companies there either.

• Upvote 1

Could have it cost 6 months VIP (180 days) to open, i'd be up for running a Clothing / Nutrition / Gym company on it and paying the VIP fee. Gives something additional to do in the game while also providing a service to those who want to play on The Island.

Not a big fan of letting people have an extra slot for island companies.

I would rather see a gym not being considered as a company in the real game, so that more orgs and shops can be opened, instead of being forced to choose between having an own gym or company. That is way more important.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I would pay some VIP, 6 months seems a little much but I also get that we want to keep anyone and everyone from doing it.

Logic behind it is you pay 6 months VIP and as a result you get to run an Island company for 6 months. It's essentially saying during the Island season you are paying 2 days of VIP per day rather than the regular 1 you do now. Paying the 6 months up front should also discourage people who may open a company, like a gym or whatever, and then go inactive fucking over a tonne of fighters as a result.

• Upvote 2

I would pay some VIP, 6 months seems a little much but I also get that we want to keep anyone and everyone from doing it.

6 months of VIP costs like 700-800k tycoon cash while if you are running an org properly on the Island, you can finish the season with at least 2 mil. Tell me again why is it too much? People paying fucking 3 months for a 16yo project, that can be useless.

Logic behind it is you pay 6 months VIP and as a result you get to run an Island company for 6 months. It's essentially saying during the Island season you are paying 2 days of VIP per day rather than the regular 1 you do now. Paying the 6 months up front should also discourage people who may open a company, like a gym or whatever, and then go inactive fucking over a tonne of fighters as a result.

When put like that its easier to make sense of. I would still pay it even if I think its steep.

6 months of VIP costs like 700-800k tycoon cash while if you are running an org properly on the Island, you can finish the season with at least 2 mil. Tell me again why is it too much? People paying fucking 3 months for a 16yo project, that can be useless.

Being as I have never been on the Island, nor do I run an Org or have I run an Org on the Island I wouldn't know.

I don't pay "fucking 3 months for a 16yo project" - So to me that argument is mute. I would suggest however that £14 to open a company that will be removed in the future might be a bit much, but hey, I don't do in app purchases or anything of the like outside so maybe I am not the target market.

Suffice to say that I would still pay it and open the company should this option be enacted and the fact remains I am Pro the idea

Yeah in the OP i mentioned "x" amount of VIP days and 6 months makes sense. Enough to discourage everyone from doing it and people are more likely to stick to the whole season if they paid for it.

• Upvote 1

Wouldn't this ruin the economy even more?

A lot less than what 6 months of VIP would normally get people. If needed, you could limit it to non-org companies if you are worried since they can come out with multi millions, I dunno what a nutrition / clothing company would come out with

A lot less than what 6 months of VIP would normally get people. If needed, you could limit it to non-org companies if you are worried since they can come out with multi millions, I dunno what a nutrition / clothing company would come out with

Can't remember what profit Sully's came out of The Island with, but it was a tidy profit. I could have had more but i had legit research and pretty low prices for being the sole nutrition company on The Island (In fact, you can CLICK HERE and get the best 160q products for $160!) and i was constantly sponsoring my org partner's fighters.

Clothing companies can make a lot if run right and with great design as they have a lower cost of running.

I actually think you guy's may be overestimating the impact of the org's regarding how much they can potentially make in a season, the 2mill figure that's darted around is based on how things have been, how they are, not how they would be with increased org's active due to the very system proposed by the OP, the fact is there would be more competition and not really many more fighters per capita and the result would be increased demand and higher fighter contracts, better services for them fighters to reach higher and higher goals and a better Island overall for everyone with less overall profit for the org owners and a more fairly distributed economic trickle down to everyone on the Island as a result, improving the experience.

The main 'downside' much like the 16-year-old's is that spending 6 months of VIP will not guarantee you success and there may already be due to this system way too much competition for people to break into the markets, but that's a better problem than what we have now, a ghost town highstreet.

I'm all for this.

Quick reply from him

He said it's a good idea but it wouldn't be possible to do it in time for tomorrow - So he is definitely starting the season tomorrow anyway.

Out of interest for anyone who might look to do the 6 months for an Island company - Would you still create the company if it was implemented a few weeks in and there was still a need for these companies?

• Upvote 1

I would be up for running another org during the island season but i would like 1 option to be considered, i would like to be able to bring island fighters over to my main org when the season ends.....or at least first refusal

You wouldn't actually be able to run the same company you currently own, since they use the one URL for the page so it wouldn't allow you access to it. Personally I don't think that's a good idea anyway since there are a tonne of ways to exploit it

Yeah i can think of a couple of ways to exploit if off the top of my head so you are probably right mate, i dont see why we cant run a gym or clothing company if you are running a fight org though

Yeah i can think of a couple of ways to exploit if off the top of my head so you are probably right mate, i dont see why we cant run a gym or clothing company if you are running a fight org though

I was mainly referencing running 2 fight orgs when saying it's a bad idea, Nutrition Companies and Clothing Companies are realistically nothing but beneficial for The Island to have

2 million try more like 5 to 6 million that is what island org's make