EA Sports UFC 3 Discussion

Slice

But it's soooooooo shit

Fans would rather they refined career mode

Not the fans that pump £ $ into the game, so sadly EA don't give a shit.

I believe 3 will be bad like the previous two, but I'm an idiot and I'll buy it anyway hoping that I'm wrong. The game currently feels very arcade-like and doesn't have any fluidity between stages (standing, clinch, ground), so I hope that gets some care. Even when on the ground or in the clinch the transitions are clunky and feel like a battle with the game itself rather than with the other player. I like what they've done (in words anyway) with the striking - making short shots count more in close range, and long-ranged punches at a distance. No more head-kicks and straights when you're forehead to forehead!

The thing I hate most about UFC 2 - which is quite absurd given that the game is based largely on timing - is that there is an incredible amount of input delay. Strikes have over 200ms of delay, while things like moving the fighter has over 400ms. Compare that to fighting games like Street Fighter where every input has a delay in the 60-65ms margin. While I know its not meant to be a fighting game and more of an MMA simulator, having such a high level of delay just makes the game feel sluggish, unresponsive and ultimately unenjoyable.

Career mode seems to have a lot more depth this time round with the whole building your fighter thing, choosing whether to focus on training or beefing over social media / garnering a following. I fear it'll be like the career mode in Fight Night Champion where it would take 1 week off of your training schedule to give you a couple lines of text saying you attended a fan signing - fun stuff. Again, I hope I'm wrong about that as I'd love having the option to constantly call out and trash over fighters over a fake Twitter.

I wrote too much for a game I don't like, but yeah, I HOPE the third installment will be a lot better than what we currently have.

• Upvote 1

Com vs Com simulations

Tournaments/Openweight option

Pride Mode

Old School SEG Mode- with old school pioneer fighters

Deep in depth career mode with options like to fight in Pride, Strikeforce, WEC.

Gigantic roster which includes pioneers to current

old walk out apparel option

Loved the training camps from EA MMA

• Upvote 1

I would like to see them add some fights at the beginning of career mode. Right now you get opponents on TUF that already have a fighting record and you're starting from the bottom.

I would like to see them add some fights at the beginning of career mode. Right now you get opponents on TUF that already have a fighting record and you're starting from the bottom.

It always felt weird to me that my guy was making his pro debut in the UFC. It would be nice to play out a few fights pre-UFC and maybe earn a contract rather than going through TUF

It always felt weird to me that my guy was making his pro debut in the UFC. It would be nice to play out a few fights pre-UFC and maybe earn a contract rather than going through TUF

You'll start career mode in WFA (world fighting alliance) where you can then progress to TUF or straight into the UFC

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Not a fan on the EA UFC games. Back when it was going to different camps to train different areas of the game up was the best. Now it's all about buying card packs to learn new skills and get better. Which from a business standpoint I get it; it makes money and the requirement of any job is to make money. But the game play suffers from it.

Been playing the Beta, feels more like the old EA Sports MMA game that released in 2010 (Which isn't a bad thing).

Much like a lot of people, I freaking hate the Ultimate Team stuff, it really does nothing for me, same with it in Madden. A mode that I'd like to see is a GM type of mode where we choose an organization to run; WEC, Pride, Strikeforce, UFC and we handle finances, send contracts, book events and be a matchmaker, wins/losses actually affect Fighter records and we have to strive to pull in the Best PPV Numbers. That is a mode I'd be interested in, used to love the GM Mode in the Smackdown vs RAW games and it'd be a lot like running an org here.

• Upvote 1

Been playing the Beta, feels more like the old EA Sports MMA game that released in 2010 (Which isn't a bad thing).

Much like a lot of people, I freaking hate the Ultimate Team stuff, it really does nothing for me, same with it in Madden. A mode that I'd like to see is a GM type of mode where we choose an organization to run; WEC, Pride, Strikeforce, UFC and we handle finances, send contracts, book events and be a matchmaker, wins/losses actually affect Fighter records and we have to strive to pull in the Best PPV Numbers. That is a mode I'd be interested in, used to love the GM Mode in the Smackdown vs RAW games and it'd be a lot like running an org here.

Yes to all of that. Honestly think EA is ruining gaming for the cadual fans. EVERY FUCKING GAME IS THE SAME with little tweaks here and there to make it feel different. Sports games like Madden and 2K or even UFC need a game released every 2-3 years not EVERY year. But were viewed as numbers not a consumer of a well tuned product. Were basically treated like idiots, and they'll continue to do so until we stop falling for their faulty practices.

• Upvote 1

Not the fans that pump £ $ into the game, so sadly EA don't give a shit.

I believe 3 will be bad like the previous two, but I'm an idiot and I'll buy it anyway hoping that I'm wrong. The game currently feels very arcade-like and doesn't have any fluidity between stages (standing, clinch, ground), so I hope that gets some care. Even when on the ground or in the clinch the transitions are clunky and feel like a battle with the game itself rather than with the other player. I like what they've done (in words anyway) with the striking - making short shots count more in close range, and long-ranged punches at a distance. No more head-kicks and straights when you're forehead to forehead!

The thing I hate most about UFC 2 - which is quite absurd given that the game is based largely on timing - is that there is an incredible amount of input delay. Strikes have over 200ms of delay, while things like moving the fighter has over 400ms. Compare that to fighting games like Street Fighter where every input has a delay in the 60-65ms margin. While I know its not meant to be a fighting game and more of an MMA simulator, having such a high level of delay just makes the game feel sluggish, unresponsive and ultimately unenjoyable.

Career mode seems to have a lot more depth this time round with the whole building your fighter thing, choosing whether to focus on training or beefing over social media / garnering a following. I fear it'll be like the career mode in Fight Night Champion where it would take 1 week off of your training schedule to give you a couple lines of text saying you attended a fan signing - fun stuff. Again, I hope I'm wrong about that as I'd love having the option to constantly call out and trash over fighters over a fake Twitter.

I wrote too much for a game I don't like, but yeah, I HOPE the third installment will be a lot better than what we currently have.

My sentiments exactly, outside of the ms stuff, but I know what you're talking about.

EA MMA was better imo, more exciting. UFC under EA has been trash. It's been very... like two dudes playing fisticuffs in front of each other. Movement is poor, lack of being able to change camera view is weak, and overall they just do a terrible job in general with improving or updating the game.

Micro-transactions have ruined EA games, their development, their focus, and their potential. They literally draw developers into catering to the MUT bullshit and neglect all their franchise/careers to focus on some fantasy card opening bullshit.