Users on the same IP / multis

MMATycoon

I mentioned some of these ideas to Mike, i think there is loads of extra options other than simply increasing VIP prices. I see no problem with a 20-30% increase in the price of VIP, 3-4$ per month is not that expensive.

Other options are:

- I would also consider adding the advertising for all users (including VIP), mike mentioned about 800 from non VIP, but VIP users are more active, so it will probably be at least double.

- Would allow more fighter slots, i mean why not?

- Extra company slot or at least a private gym slot.

- I would make younger fighters faster learners + decrease the VIP price for them to make them more attractive.

- I would have paid options to find out more regarding your fighters hiddens (such as IQ tests, but for the other hiddens). Maybe have a cost of 5-10 days for each test.

- I would make FA's an auction option where people bid in VIP days, if there is no bidder, then the highest ranked manager gets the fighter.

What I would also love to see, is the option to SELL a fighter for VIP(where Mike would take something like 10% as a fee). To me, that would be an interesting one.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I mentioned some of these ideas to Mike, i think there is loads of extra options other than simply increasing VIP prices. I see no problem with a 20-30% increase in the price of VIP, 3-4$ per month is not that expensive.

Other options are:

- I would also consider adding the advertising for all users (including VIP), mike mentioned about 800 from non VIP, but VIP users are more active, so it will probably be at least double. [/size]

- Would allow more fighter slots, i mean why not?[/size]

- Extra company slot or at least a private gym slot.[/size]

- I would make younger fighters faster learners + decrease the VIP price for them to make them more attractive.[/size]

- I would have paid options to find out more regarding your fighters hiddens (such as IQ tests, but for the other hiddens). Maybe have a cost of 5-10 days for each test.[/size]

- I would make FA's an auction option where people bid in VIP days, if there is no bidder, then the highest ranked manager gets the fighter.[/size]

All good ideas there Mentor.

I think also the buying a second company for VIP time is a really good idea. It would stop there being a massive influx of clothing companies and everyone making clothes cheaply for their alliance mates. Only people who are really committed to the game would spend the extra real life money for a second company. I think that could work.

In order to legally operate a second company, how many users would be willing to pay for VIP like it was a second account however you would only get the additional company slot? That would help increase revenue for Mike if he were to allow it? Not even sure if it would be an option but wanted to see what feedback might be out there from the masses and from Mike?

I don't know if double the price for a second company slot is the right price point for it, but I would pay 50% of VIP price for the extra slot. Also I am not 100% sure that I like the idea of a second company slot in the strictest sense. I would prefer to see all VIP's be allowed a Private gym and a Company Slot. if they paid that extra 50% VIP fee to have it. I could be sold on the second company slot with the caveat being that they cannot network with each other. The whole reason (I suspect) that multiple companies were removed from the game in the first place is to prevent someone from just creating their own clothing company and then sponsoring all their own fighters (which technically I see nothing wrong with), and being their own Merch Partner, an org which then partners with their own Clothing or Nutrition company, and a Nutrition company to then provide really cheap 160Q products to their own fighters. personally I don't know how bad that would really be in the long run, but I am sure it is easily exploited. Also I can see it making it uneven playing field for newer players trying to break into one of those businesses. Clothing companies aside, it is nearly impossible to be competitive with existing companies owned by older managers. It is very tough for a newbie to open a successful Nutrition Company or Org for example.

Other options are:

- I would also consider adding the advertising for all users (including VIP), mike mentioned about 800 from non VIP, but VIP users are more active, so it will probably be at least double.

- Would allow more fighter slots, i mean why not?

- Extra company slot or at least a private gym slot.

- I would make younger fighters faster learners + decrease the VIP price for them to make them more attractive.

- I would have paid options to find out more regarding your fighters hiddens (such as IQ tests, but for the other hiddens). Maybe have a cost of 5-10 days for each test.

- I would make FA's an auction option where people bid in VIP days, if there is no bidder, then the highest ranked manager gets the fighter.

I would be fully in-favor of an increase of 10-30% in the VIP price. (Obviously, I would be just fine with no increase or with the lower of that range, but realistically I think he could bring in significantly more revenue if he bumped up the price of VIP a bit. I doubt anyone who is paying for VIP now would really be that butt-chaffed at having to pay an extra dollar per month.

• This first point would not hurt me either as long as the ads are unobtrusive, at least somewhat relevant (ie, not erectile dysfunction, drugs or penis enhancement advertisements, please), and no pop-ups.
  • I would probably not buy any more fighter slots. Time management becomes and issue there I think. we can already buy like 25 slots and I have not done so. Gym availability and time are just not there for me and so I am actually shrinking my stable size not growing it. That said, I give less than a damn if Mike wants to allow more fighter slots. It certainly would not hurt me. I just would not partake.
  • I would much prefer to see a Private Gym + Company Slot rather than two companies option, but, again, would not develop an ass rash if Mike allowed two companies. I think that the fair price-point for this option (either one) would be to charge +%50 of the VIP price to have the Second Company or Private Gym + Company slot (+$15/year at the current prices).
  • I think what could work for this is to give fighters under 18 a higher minimum learning speed. Say minimum of 4.5 for 16 year old and minimum of 5 for 17 year old and then add the favored hidden bonus, (if selected), and roll randomly. Note I am NOT saying that the starting value is 4 or 4.5. Just that if the roll (and Fast Learner Hidden Bonus) are less then those values then they get set to those values. It doesn't mean you will be guaranteed a fast learner, but it does reduce the chances of you rolling a complete dud after spending real life money on them. That might make them more appealing also.
  • Not sure how I feel about the paying to find out what your exact hiddens are. I am leaning towards this not being a great idea.
  • Not really sure how I feel about the FA auction thing either. I think it will negatively affect orgs like the one I co-own from retaining the fighters that get cut under contract. If you have to pay VIP time for them I feel less people will be likely to try to get them. Those that do not want to pay VIP will likely assume that they will not win the bid and not even bother and those that are willing will not take a chance on someone else's cast offs, unless they are fairly certain that they can win with them. That will likely cause fighters that might otherwise get picked up to sit in FA Hell until they get retired. Plus, this option smells ever so slightly like a bit of pay-to-win. That is never a good thing. This is not some shitty Facebook game. This is the most addictive MMA game on the internet.

What if there was a 1 time fee for those who do not have 2 companies...so, you pay like $50/$60 for a year to operate 2 companies..then its only like $40 for a yearly renewal? Those who currently are VIP could pay that $30 to get the second company as well....Or, give the option that you can either pay $40 (new increase price) for 1 year or pay like $50 to renew/purchase a yearly to run 2 companies...Of course managers could do the same with the 6 month and 3 month options, its just better value to purchase 1 year. This would be an increase of $10 per manager for yearly VIP or $20 (roughly) to operate 2 companies.. This would likely eliminate some of the VIP's, but of course your going to see those who don't mind spending money that would probably purchase the 2 company option for 2 different accounts to run 4 companies...but, Mike would make more money of course haha. It will be impossible to prevent multi accounts. It really just comes down to a matter of finding a way Mike makes more money to do more with the game and providing better options and values to those who choose to run just the 1 account to be satisfied with what their getting.

• 2 weeks later...

I like Mentor's ideas except the last one. That would introduce a pay to win aspect. Although, Mike would make a ton with it. When great managers quit and their guys go FA, there is usually a feeding frenzy. Deepest pockets would get the best fighters. I'm not really on board with that, though I dont think it would break the game or really make much of a difference to me as a manager.

What I would also love to see, is the option to SELL a fighter for VIP(where Mike would take something like 10% as a fee). To me, that would be an interesting one.

Love this idea, auctioning off fighters could have some interesting outcomes lol. Not all that unrealistic too as I assume managers are always trying to poach fighters from one another (not that this matters anyway cuz it's s game).

I also like all of Mentor's ideas and feel that they'd be successful in both increasing revenue and the games enjoyableness

I'm not defending any multi. I've played this game pretty much solo (both game wise and interaction wise) for most of the time I've been here. I've been able to forge a private gym with plenty of funds and money on my fighters just by fighting in top tier orgs and almost never denying a fight.

I'm curious how many people are getting called out when they connect through a vpn and have the same ip. For instance, I often use PIA vpn, I forget that I'm using it sometimes and log in here. If someone is popping on the Seattle or Vancouver or Silicon Valley servers, they would have the same IP as me. Some are so obvious with their login behavior, but are people getting called out that are on shared VPN? Lots of providers these days and if 2 or more users are on the same provider in the same area it would look bad. Is there something I don't know about that lets you guys detect that someone is on a VPN?

I'd hate to get posted in one of these threads as I'm 100 percent legit. I won't name names, but the first time I tried to buy someone VIP for in game cash, I was asked if I wanted 40 million in game dollars for 30 bucks. I said no. Because the devs need that money and (like now) it would make the money aspect of the game trivial. Anyway....

• Upvote 1

There are other ways than shared IP to detect multi accounts, it just happens to be the easiest one. Looking at all the other stuff takes more time, but I can imagine a couple of accounts where it would be worth doing. Most VPN providers will also provide temporary public IP:s instead of NAT:ing everyone behind the same IP. So the scenario you describe could happen, but is unlikely.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Thats some sexy ass Mr Tycoon

There are about 20 pages of stuff to read through. Like I said, I will look at it when I have some time.

It's easy to flag stuff up but from my point of view, when you have paying customers I can't just go "OK, that's all exactly as described in a few lines on a forum post, I'll delete them", I have to research / look into it myself. Every person that gets deleted probably takes 1-2 hours of research, which, as I say, I just do not have right this minute. It's also a stressful process reading through pages of shouting and excuses and arguments and having to delete people, and at the moment, I'm at panic attack level stressed with house stuff as it is and I need to try not to have a heart attack.

Everything will get looked at when I have the time.

Edit. Here's a pic of my arse tiling so you lot know I'm not making it up and that one day I will actually have finished all this house crap that I've gone on about for so long....

vSFpYhQ.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I smell something fishies on 32 QFC tournament.some new accounts created like days ago just to fill the tournament

Agree, it's not a ton, but there is definitely something fishy there with the very last one, and Shinya Jensen's entry. Also, this guy was dropped by his manager and is a FA already. My opinion, once you've entered a tournament you shouldn't be able to cut that fighter until the tourney is over. http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=358350

• Upvote 1

This post is to make it extremely clear what is acceptable if you want to play with friends or family on the same IP. It is allowed, but;

1. Do not send each other money. Keep totally financially separate. (Reason; obvious.... No financial help).

2. Do not join each other's gyms (Reason; fighters being used as spar-bots).

3. Or orgs. (Reason; potential record padding or favourable matchmaking).

4. Do not fight each other, except on rare occasions. (Reason; potential record padding).

It's pretty simple really... Just keep totally separate.

I agree with everything except sending money and joining gyms. My reasoning, this game is ridiculously hard when starting out, I almost quit after the first month or two because I wasn't making any money and my fighters didn't have money to train. So that is complete BS if my cousin makes an account, guarantee I will be sending them money just like I send money to every person who takes me as there mentor. Big-name managers and other mentors throw money around to new users and help some new users out immensely sometimes so what is the difference? There is none, those are complete idiotic and BS rules.

• Upvote 2

I agree with everything except sending money and joining gyms. My reasoning, this game is ridiculously hard when starting out, I almost quit after the first month or two because I wasn't making any money and my fighters didn't have money to train. So that is complete BS if my cousin makes an account, guarantee I will be sending them money just like I send money to every person who takes me as there mentor. Big-name managers and other mentors throw money around to new users and help some new users out immensely sometimes so what is the difference? There is none, those are complete idiotic and BS rules.

The rule is in place (if it's followed is a whole other story) to stop people sending money to themselves. For example account 1 has a clothing shop. They send clothing shop money to account 2 which holds the gym. Account 1 and account 2 both profit off having a store and a gym.

People sending money to noobs to help and someone potentially sending money to themselves is the difference.

What if, Hypothetically there were 46 college students in the same college housing that somehow all shared the same college internet and played mma tycoon, how would this work? LMAO

As for this, if there was 46 accounts on the same IP we would either think 'oh this must be a school or something' or 'this dude has 46 accounts and I'm impressed they have the time to do so'.

• Upvote 2

As for this, if there was 46 accounts on the same IP we would either think 'oh this must be a school or something' or 'this dude has 46 accounts and I'm impressed they have the time to do so'.

Or we'd be thinking 'how in the hell did this dude manage to automate and script this shit...and if so, why hasn't Mike already contracted work out to him because clearly he has more skills!' Haha.

• Upvote 2

Agree, it's not a ton, but there is definitely something fishy there with the very last one, and Shinya Jensen's entry. Also, this guy was dropped by his manager and is a FA already. My opinion, once you've entered a tournament you shouldn't be able to cut that fighter until the tourney is over. http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=358350

I'm okay with sacking a guy in the tournament. If you sign up, and shit takes 20 days to fill, and you wanna sack that guy, F it. Why not? I've sacked guys stuck in TWGC tournament for too long.

I saw people with 40+ multis at Darkthrone, another mmo game.

Also, I think Leo c Barros had the most multis with his MMABR org

I think 30+ multi's was the record... by some org owner in Tokyo. IIRC I thought he was a good org owner too lol.