VOTING Breakthrough Manager Of The Year 2018

junglelord

Breakthrough Manager  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Breakthrough Manager

Honored to be nominated along with these 2 AMAZING managers in Theksit (who is an absolute badarse and takes on all comers) and John (who quite honest should be nominated for Best Manager of the Year as his 2 year real time project shows immense dedication, he deserves the highest honors this year).

I really want to thank the community for continuing to make this game so much fun and to Mike for Belt Cabinet.

Ibrahim Camara.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

John Coffey has had a fantastic year as well, but i remember he was a very good manager way back in the day, i think Ibrahim pushed it to the next level for the first time this year.

Could you elaborate on the last statement? Not bashing at all but

Ibrahim in 2017: Best rank 7th

Ibrahim in 2018: Nowhere near top10, at least for the time i was around.

Really curious how you consider this a breakthrough or improvement or whatever. No bashing, just curious.

• Upvote 1

Ibrahim stepped up this year because he started to fight in some of the top orgs (CEC, GAMMA, Dare), 2017 he was mostly doing low end fights in 2017. I do not consider John as having a break out year, he has been a top notch manager for years now, he simply was away in 2017 i think. Theksit was good this year, but i would not say he had a break out year, he is still fighting in the mid tier orgs.

Also I do not really care that much about the ranking thing because that is pretty much flawed, it penalizes losses at higher end fights and rewards inactivity.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Ibrahim stepped up this year because he started to fight in some of the top orgs (CEC, GAMMA, Dare), 2017 he was mostly doing low end fights in 2017. I do not consider John as having a break out year, he has been a top notch manager for years now, he simply was away in 2017 i think. Theksit was good this year, but i would not say he had a break out year, he is still fighting in the mid tier orgs.

Also I do not really care that much about the ranking thing because that is pretty much flawed, it penalizes losses at higher end fights and rewards inactivity.

Ok, i get it, thanks. But weren't you using the opposite arguments for nominating Brent for manager of the year? :)

He was pretty inactive(3-4 fights per month) and you said he was #1 for most of the year.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Ok, i get it, thanks. But weren't you using the opposite arguments for nominating Brent for manager of the year? :)

He was pretty inactive(3-4 fights per month) and you said he was #1 for most of the year.

Last year's fighter of the year fought until just July and won the award and i would argue he was not the best in that period of time.

Brent was #1 pretty much for 5-6 out of 12 months in 2018 (i know because i was keeping a record in LOD for who is #1 in the rankings). If we take it in terms of total days ranked #1 for 2018, then i highly doubt anyone comes close, so although he is not in the game now, he deserved a nomination.

Coffey makes more sense for the manager of the year.

Absolutely.

Also, just to clarify any inaccuracies above I came very close to nailing that top 10 spot this year more than once.

Of course when you are fighting the following these things (L) are bound to happen:

The likes of Ueda (as #1 P4P) , Pierre St Georges, Tank Ispa (one of the better 320's), Kuklinski, Mick Murphy (best 300k), Snake Duanesboy (another top 320k), Stu Grimson (when he was #1 P4P) etc etc etc

Also, if Kendrick and co. had any idea of how taxing a tournament as Legends (only top 10 managers) or League of Leagues (brutal, weekly fights) was he would not be saying anything in this thread.

It's easy staying top 10 when you roll 25 year olds and stick to KT ID restrictions:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=342733

It's also easy to stay top 10 when you break your 24-fight contract after you realize you can't compete with the big boys:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=338219

Glass houses :)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

So joining a creation tournament is a bad thing now? Thought you were promoting the idea 2-3 hours ago.

I like how you presenting it, when you participate in a creation tourney, it is huge heroics always, but when I do, it is a "KT ID restriction".

Also, in 2018 I have fought most of the fighters you have mentioned above so i probably know how that stuff goes, it is not only you in the whole game fighting at elite orgs after all.

Anyway, I am starting to like Mentor's affinity for fellow-multiaccounters. Last year he was a huge advocate for Blake Phoenix, now it is your turn, funny stuff!

• Upvote 3

Jungle go set up an event on your Island org and stay out of this please.

Tapping out faster than McGregor there.

Commitment ... how does it work lol

On topic: really close race between the real breakthrough managers of the year.

I wonder how long would you be running an org if not using a multi for private gym.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1