Claymore Elite Combat - Smack Talk Thread

jefframrod

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Update on other fights that were previously agreed :

Vinnie Collins Vs Optimus Prime has been removed due to Optimus having a fight already arranged in his current org. This was mainly affected by the change of date for the Beat The Boss event by CEC management. We hope this fight can be arranged for some point in the future regardless of where it takes place.

Rik McRae Vs Blake Edwards has been cancelled after Rik won the middleweight title at MKFC and will be making a defence of that title instead of appearing for this event. Again, this is a fight I would love to make happen at some point as Blake will be a really tough challenge for Rik.

Bobby Bruce Vs Illka Laitinen was pulled after Illka won the CEC lightweight title and Bobby lost his last fight. Hype wise this fight made no sense anymore due to the gap between those fighters. Bruce will still appear at Beat The Boss though as a replacement fighter closer in ranking was drafted in as a replacement for Laitinen.

Bobby Bruce Vs Joao Goulart

So our fighter interviews start here. With a weekend title fight in the 170lbs division we first hunted down the challenger in a nice little coffee house, with a name like Cappadonna Frappuccino, where else would I be likely to find him. A former champion at CEC, he sits in front of me looking relaxed and content with life. An open gym bag at his feet reveals some recently used gear, it is still early and he has already had his first session of the day.

So Cap, 16 of your 17 fights have been here at CEC, is it safe to say that you enjoy it here?

Do I enjoy CEC? You kidding me? You don't spend your whole career trying to be the champ in an org that sucks. Listen, I was born in Helsinki, I grew up in Helsinki, I train in Helsinki, my whole life is Helsinki. CEC is a massive part of Helsinki, and a massive part of my life. From the early days, I knew this org was the one for me. The support I've received, the opportunities for growth and development as a fighter, unbelievable. Sure I had one tune-up fight in the QFC, but after that I was headed to the top of CEC. I've been there once before and I'll do it again.

Who would you say has been your toughest opponent to date?

Well, I've bitten some tough cookies in my time. Smashed a few bums as well, y'know! But one that really stands out is a fight from a while back: Napoleon Dynamite. Back then, both of us were a lot less skilled. Me in particular, haha. He slapped me silly for three rounds, my punches were doing nothing man. Then it was all over in the fourth. I've had other losses, sure, but that one was bad, the last time I held the CEC belt.

You are one of only five fighters to have held the welterweight title, it has been a long journey back to the top for that title shot, did you ever feel it may not happen for you again?

"Don't stop! Belieeeeeeevin'!", man I love that song. I won't lie to you, after a while doubts can creep into your mind. Every time I put together a couple of wins, I'd make a silly mistake and get a loss. When I was let go by my last manager, I thought maybe I should chuck in the towel. But I've found new resolve, new focus, new direction and it's all upward. I've won four in a row, and for sure I'm running good but what better time to take back what has been MY CEC Welterweight belt?

You will be facing Pao Ling for the belt this weekend, he is the top ranked fighter in the whole org just now, do you feel that makes you an underdog?

Every dog has his day, bro. Pao Ling is high up the rankings on paper, sure, and he is a quality fighter. Maybe people will be saying I'm underdog here. But I see holes in his game, I see myself taking advantage of those and punishing him. If he underestimates me, he'll be very sorry, and so will his momma.

You obviously feel you can take the title from him if you took the fight, where do you feel you can win this?

Yeah I feel I can take the title, but just so you know, I'll battle any time, any place. Champion or not, I'll give it my all. Seriously, though, we've been working on a pretty complicated gameplan for this one, it's called the "punch him in the freakin' face" plan. I think he's got something similar going on. Let's face it we both love a brawl, and we could both be on the end of some nasty punches. But mine are nastier.

Finally, do you have any definite ideas of what you want to do next, win or lose?

I'm goin' to Disneyworld!

Thanks for your time Cap, I look forward to the fight this weekend. Good luck.

• Upvote 1

I am out looking for the CEC welterweight champion to get a few words before his title fight this weekend. I head towards the gym I know he is training at today. A few faces are very familiar to me, some very impressive fighters are here today. Maybe they train here all the time, maybe they are here to get the chance to train with Pao, maybe they know I am coming and they want to try get a little interview of their own! No chance today though, I am here for one fighter and one fighter only. Pao gives me a nod to acknowledge my arrival as he watches some young fighters grapple, they finish up and he heads towards me, I do not envy Frappuccino at this moment in time. Throughout our time spent together he is not rude but you can tell he would rather be training than talking, the guy loves what he does.

Hi Pao, you look well, that's good. You are the top ranked fighter in CEC, without giving away too much, what do you think makes you so successful?

Sensational boxing, Wonderful Muay Thai, Remarkable wrestling and a purple belt in BJJ combined with a tailored gameplan for every opponent. Or did I give out too much? Haha.

Well your ability is there for all to see. Every fight you have ever had has been with CEC, why is that? Have you never been tempted to move to any of the "bigger promotions"?

CEC is my home. They've got a working system and we've got a working relationship. When I smash enough faces in, CEC starts to get recognized and becomes an even bigger promotion. There is no need to leave.

Nice to know you will be hanging around. Who do you feel has been your toughest opponent to date?

I believe it might have been Larry Burns. His reach advantage gave me troubles at first, but after I got the hang of it, the combinations started rolling.

You once rejected the chance to fight for the title you now hold, can you tell us any more about that decision?

It just felt like something was missing. I wasn't feeling comfortable enough in the cage to go for the title and in the next fight I got hammered. That fight showed me what I was doing wrong, so I fixed it and I've been doing right ever since.

Fair point really. Your next fight is against Cappadonna Frappuccino, do you consider him a serious threat to your title?

Everyone with KO power is a serious threat at this level. I believe he's too one dimensional for me and doesn't have a solid chin. Expect to see my hand raised.

What are your plans after the next fight? In each scenario, win and lose?

Who knows, maybe I'll test myself at 185 lbs? It's too early to say.

Hmm there could be some good fights at 185lbs involving you. Finally, is there any fighter you really want to see come to CEC to do battle with you?

No-one in particular, yet anyone who's willing to sign a multi-fight contract with the CEC. I welcome all.

Well good luck in the fight Pao, I imagine this could be a cracking event. I will let you get back in the mix here, thanks for your time today.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I am out and about on my mission to find the top CEC fighters to have a little catch up before their upcoming fights. Today I am meeting the number one contender in the heavyweight division, Riddick Wannick. I grab myself a triple shot latte from the local coffee house and head towards the gym Riddick trains at. It is early and very quiet as I walk through the door, Wannick is standing waiting on me, he smiles as I catch his eye. He has every right to be happy as his turnaround from his early fights in his career has been a great story and has landed him a shot at the champion.

So Riddick, after 21 fights, 13 of which have been here at CEC, you finally have a shot at being heavyweight champion, how do you feel ahead of the fight?

It's my first shot at a title and I feel like I have a good shot at taking the belt home with me.

Biggums has been tearing up the division since his arrival, how do you think you will match up with him?

I'm more well rounded than him and I'll use that to neutralize his boxing skills. He has one thing that can stop me and if I can weather the storm early I feel he'll crumble later in the fight.

Outside of his sensational boxing, on paper you look like you have an edge, on the mat may be key for you, is this a fair statement?

I'd like to test my skills with him standing up first and see how I handle it. I don't think taking him down will be an easy task. If I can he'll be in trouble.

CEC has been your home for some time now, I assume you are happy with life here? No changes on the horizon?

CEC has the most challenging fighters I've fought in my career and that's what's gonna keep me here hopefully with a title around my waist.

Lately a few 265lbs fighters jumped up to the heavier division of CEC, is that something you would ever think of due to the deep talent pool in your current division?

I'm not changing my weight class any time soon but it could happen in the future.

Which win has been your most memorable so far?

When I had a 1-4 record it was a do or die situation in my career. I ko'd my opponent in 5 seconds into the fight with a head kick. That turned around my career and I never looked back.

And finally, do you have any words to your opponent before this weekends fight?

I hope he's not taking me lightly cause I'm ready for 5 rounds of mayhem.

Thanks for taking the time out to chat Riddick, I know you have a hectic schedule. Good luck with the fight, as a fan I know how highly anticipated this one is.

• Upvote 1

• 8 months later...

Michael Johnson is looking to get off to a great start in CEC. He's coming up against a much more experienced fighter in "El Ferras", Felipe Ferra Gomez.

How do feel about fighting in CEC?

"I'm delighted that CEC showed an interest in me, they are one of the biggest Orgs in Helsinki and if I remember correctly, they are ranked as one of the top 20 Orgs in the world. I feel that I can really showcase my skills here in CEC and hope to put on great performances."

How do you feel about your last fight?

"My last fight left me very frustrated. My camp and I felt very prepared going into that fight, we wanted to keep it standing and hopefully get the TKO/KO, I got put under pressure by Jeff Williams and went for the takedown which I got, straight after that takedown he locked in the submission and it was over in a flash, a moment of madness which has caused me a couple of nightmeres since. It's in the past, and I have said before that I'm always looking to improve, I'll learn from that mistake and become a better fighter as a result."

What's the gameplan for your fight?

"Me and my camp have been watching videos of Felipe's past fights, studying his movements and as a result I feel suitably prepared for this fight. We know he has a lot of power in his hands and that he's a great boxer. His record speaks for itself, 10 of his 16 wins have come by TKO/KO. We also know there is a few areas where he has a slight weakness, other fighters have highlighted this for us as he has lost 13 of his 29 fights."

Anything you wish to say before you leave?

"Just want to say a big thanks to CEC, thanks to my manager, to my gym Team Finland and all my sparring partners there, and finally a big thanks to all my fans!"

Looks like the Johnson vs Gomez fight at CEC 194 could be an Of The Night contender..

• 1 year later...

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/40/40w37.jpg

Rocky "HIGH TILL I DIE" Mercurius (53111)-''hey there bitchboy Craig Hanks,i can see you boasting about your past achievements in your bio. oh well i don't give a rat's ass about that crap so fuck you and your past achievements.for the time being i recommend you should just sit on your mama's lap and lick her nipples till you suck up every last drop of milk.you know the calcium present in the milk will make your bones stronger.that is exactly what you need as i am gonna hit you so fucking hard that even your heavenly ancestors will be able to hear your voice of AHHH!!''

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/1/1w17.jpg
Humberto "EL SALVADORIAN KILLER" Cruz
(40338)-''Hello folks,i apologize for not fighting for a quite a while.Had a bad patch in my mma carrer recently.a hattrick of losses and my earlier manager left my side. when i needed my managers backing the most that puss left me on my own.I hope that motherfucker rots in hell.However under my new management i am feeling very confident and the manager has shown cent percent faith in my abilities.Training is on boost mode.i am just fixing my weak links which i don't have any.haha
i heard from a new channel that i am facing some bitchass nigga named Marlon Worthy from U.S. In a perfect world i will whip that guy's ass for 3 rounds.however as we all know that the world ain't perfect so i will Knock him the fuck out via head kick in very first round.believe me the SALVADORIAN KILLER is back.''

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/41/41a9.jpg
Sigvard "EL DESTRUCTOR" Aurelius (89331)-''It is in your best interests Mr.
Leuka that you beg for mercy beforehand otherwise you will have to endure a very painful night on 22nd feb.i wonder if your even able to watch with your eyes given that your ugly beard of yours covers almost your full face.that could prove to be very very hazardous just in case you aren't able to see when i will hit you with my iron fists.a quick knock out is certain.'

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13901121868234.png

"THE BELGIAN TROUBLEMAKER" John Bonham (145462)-->Mr. Barnes,I am very very pleased to able to fight a lame ass like you.if i ever was on 3 loss streak i would have retired from this sport.you are just a worthless piece of shit with crap skills but possesing a iron chin.you haven't been knocked out yet.that's the only positive thing about you.well no worries sucker i am more than happy to presented this opportunity.May your soul rest in peace.''

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/38/38w5.jpg

Sam "BLAZING FISTS" Fender (44523)-Hey Irwin,i see you call yourself T.N.T.

I guess T.N.T stands for Total Nonsense Thick as pig shit.I am hoping to stand & bang with you.I hope you cooperate well and keep getting banged.You will free from all pain & miseries in 2nd round although I will try my best to put you to sleep at the earliest.''

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/30/30w3.jpg

Kevin "THE ALMIGHTY" Garnett (89374)-''Hello folks this is your man Kevin Garnett who feels so blessed that i finally signed for greatest org in the world.I have come to know my first oponent is some brazilian dude called Eliézer.He calls himself as a Lumberjack and rightly so he is since he ain't no MMA fighter.I mean if you look at his last 5 CEC fight record he got 4 losses out of 5 fights.That's sign of pure sucker.hahaha.I see the kid then ran away to join some other shit org and won the title their beating some bums.once that shit org closed down.he had to find an employment.he sucked so bad that no org hired him.unwillingly he had come back to the org where he is paid to get his asskicked.Now I am the one who has got the chance to kick his ass and i will happily oblige.''

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13901121868234.png

"THE BELGIAN TROUBLEMAKER" John Bonham (145462)-->Mr. Barnes,I hope you have realised after today's mauling by me that what a worthless piece of shit you are.Now for fuck sake you should just retire.Spend some time with your lil kids and explore other things in life.That's the best for your health.You wouldn't want your kids to watch you get your ass kicked every now and then so plz do as i say.okay??

Now i shall leave for London to compete a KT tournament with a good conscience''

http://i.imgur.com/IBeskp8.jpg

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/41/41a9.jpg

Sigvard "EL DESTRUCTOR" Aurelius (89331)-''Hello bitches,KNEEL BEFORE THE GREATEST.

IF YOU CARE FOR YOUR WELL BEING THEN BOW DOWN TO THE KING OF KINGS.''