Best New Manager of the Year 2015

GBK16

88 members have voted

1. 1. Best New Manager of the Year 2015

Interesting to see how a award nomination thread turned into a LOD VS Everyone in the thread.

One thing I do want to point out is did you notice it was LOD members who were getting pissy to begin with? I have no problems with the majority of the alliance, this kind of thing just singles out which ones are the guys you don't wanna deal with.

One thing I do want to point out is did you notice it was LOD members who were getting pissy to begin with? I have no problems with the majority of the alliance, this kind of thing just singles out which ones are the guys you don't wanna deal with.

I Know that,I'm just saying that it's interesting and saddening at the same time that a of the year award can just turn into alliance members vs other people in a thread.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I'd be interested on your thoughts as to which of his points were valid and not complete bullshit

Since you asked..,.

"You cant even FIND anything of value here because its so full of insults and ridiculous banter THANK GOD I was lucky enough to join LOD early in the game where I found a HIGHLY ORGANIZED forum with EASY to find information and not all crapped up with insults and personal attacks"

Partially true. While yes, most of the time you guys are extremely helpful, there are a lot of times I look at the forums and it is full of "insults and ridiculous banter." For example, the whole idea of the Unofficial Awards, while funny and harmless to most, can put new users off to the game. Also it seemed like once a week you guys were bashing B'Jorn (I'm exaggerating, I know) added to the fact that most of the topics in the general forum have some type of LOD Multi joke that got old when I started playing this game again almost a year ago. Lets add the fact that Mike literally had to tell people to knock it off when Buzz was launched because they were being idiots. And Yes I realize that while most of you have never seen the LOD forums, they are excellent, and a prime example of what these forums could be.

"FURTHERMORE, Mentor paid the price for his crimes that the game owner decided on and that should be the end of it"

Fact. Often times I read the forums and find you guys disagreeing with something that Mike said or wrote, and I think to myself, wait isn't he the creator? Isn't his word the say all be all? If Mike gave the punishment he gave, and thought it was fair, why can't the healing process begin and we start gradually excepting Mentor? This whole, lets boycott everything LOD because of Mentor thing that goes on in this game is childish and not fair to guys like Andy Mckenzie, who ran an excellent Org in Gamma Kids Ny, but won't get the recognition he deserves because his alliance tag says LOD. Again, thats childish. P.S. You can't say that whole Daddy Mike part of the rant wasn't fucking gold. I laughed for like 3 minutes and 45 seconds just off those lines.

Other than that, I think his post speaks on a state of constant negativity in these forums, which once again, puts new managers off. Notice how the forums are mostly the same people over and over again. It's because for the most part, you guys are extremely negative. And then you try to say things like "One thing I do want to point out is did you notice it was LOD members who were getting pissy to begin with?". For this one thread that is 100% true, but I'd be a tad pissy too if in all these forums I could find things that were shitting on my alliance just for the sake of shitting. Yes LOD members are pissy, but have most of you not given them reason not to be? Have most of you not insulted them, called them names, multies, etc, all because you can't get over Mentor? Those guys aren't just angry for the hell of it. This is the community that some of you have festered, and its time you started taking responsibility for it instead of pointing the finger.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Fact. Often times I read the forums and find you guys disagreeing with something that Mike said or wrote, and I think to myself, wait isn't he the creator? Isn't his word the say all be all? If Mike gave the punishment he gave, and thought it was fair, why can't the healing process begin and we start gradually excepting Mentor? This whole, lets boycott everything LOD because of Mentor thing that goes on in this game is childish and not fair to guys like Andy Mckenzie, who ran an excellent Org in Gamma Kids Ny, but won't get the recognition he deserves because his alliance tag says LOD. Again, thats childish. P.S. You can't say that whole Daddy Mike part of the rant wasn't fucking gold. I laughed for like 3 minutes and 45 seconds just off those lines.

Other than that, I think his post speaks on a state of constant negativity in these forums, which once again, puts new managers off. Notice how the forums are mostly the same people over and over again. It's because for the most part, you guys are extremely negative. And then you try to say things like "One thing I do want to point out is did you notice it was LOD members who were getting pissy to begin with?". For this one thread that is 100% true, but I'd be a tad pissy too if in all these forums I could find things that were shitting on my alliance just for the sake of shitting. Yes LOD members are pissy, but have most of you not given them reason not to be? Have most of you not insulted them, called them names, multies, etc, all because you can't get over Mentor? Those guys aren't just angry for the hell of it. This is the community that some of you have festered, and its time you started taking responsibility for it instead of pointing the finger.

When was the last time there was a thread attacking LOD? Who exactly is boycotting LOD orgs?

I know some people (OK, a lot) who boycott GAMMA but not LOD orgs writ large.

Based on ranking alone, David Brent gets it, or Rabid. But ranking in my eyes is only one of the many criteria. Theres so much more to being a good manager in this game than just fights, and whilst my vote would of gone to Max Bennet, he's left the game so I think Dr Octagon should have it. Stand up guy, always seems to be friendly to everyone, runs a very good org and has a good roster of fighters.

• Upvote 4

When was the last time there was a thread attacking LOD? Who exactly is boycotting LOD orgs?

I know some people (OK, a lot) who boycott GAMMA but not LOD orgs writ large.

Quite right. Who's attacking LOD? It's only really Mentor who gets it (for breaking the rules to the advantage of himself and GAMMA, and for trying to recruit real world penis cream/snake oil salesmen via the game).

I'd probably vote for David Brent seeing as he was my mentee.... Can't wait for the day I break the top ten. I've not been following if he's cherry picking fights, but if not you can't argue with his winning run, whatever skill levels they've happened at.

Since you asked..,.

"You cant even FIND anything of value here because its so full of insults and ridiculous banter THANK GOD I was lucky enough to join LOD early in the game where I found a HIGHLY ORGANIZED forum with EASY to find information and not all crapped up with insults and personal attacks"

Partially true. While yes, most of the time you guys are extremely helpful, there are a lot of times I look at the forums and it is full of "insults and ridiculous banter." For example, the whole idea of the Unofficial Awards, while funny and harmless to most, can put new users off to the game. Also it seemed like once a week you guys were bashing B'Jorn (I'm exaggerating, I know) added to the fact that most of the topics in the general forum have some type of LOD Multi joke that got old when I started playing this game again almost a year ago. Lets add the fact that Mike literally had to tell people to knock it off when Buzz was launched because they were being idiots. And Yes I realize that while most of you have never seen the LOD forums, they are excellent, and a prime example of what these forums could be.

"FURTHERMORE, Mentor paid the price for his crimes that the game owner decided on and that should be the end of it"

Right, once again we get to the fun stuff.

This whole LOD v The World has got to stop. LOD isn't against the world no matter how many times the call to arms is raised. I get along with a fair few LOD members, gave spots in my gyms, gave money or advice whenever they have asked. As for Mentor? I wouldn't piss on him even if he was on fire. That is because of the overwhelming evidence that supported that he is a real life scumbag who recruited people in the game to do his bidding. If he had just had a multi, we would have gotten over it but it wasn't. Steel Penn had multi's and despite his rants now and again, most people don't mind him. There have been plenty of people with multi's and bridges were built and people went over them. I for one cannot be seen supporting anything to do with him, or anything he does in this game. For the most part I even manage to forget he is even here.

That sadly has a knock on effect with orgs which bare the GAMMA name, because they are feeder orgs for the main org. I have no intentions to ever send a fighter to GAMMA, and sadly that affects its affiliated orgs. I have however signed in LOD members orgs before which had no connection to GAMMA. So it isn't the alliance, it is the brand name which represents Mentor (or WMMA since he stole the name from that).

This bashing Bjorn thing also annoys me, Bjorn bites off more than he can chew. I didn't mind him at first, but he slowly but surely made me want to bang my head against a wall. I told him that if he wanted to get into Convicted that he should get to know some of the guys first (he kept on asking to get into Convicted and this was the advice I was given by LT when I first joined). He then continued to pester the living shite out of the guys, to the stage I had to apologize for ever suggesting that Bjorn should get to know them. You ever hear of the glass shattering moment when you realise something? That is what happened after that and it just went in a downward spiral to the point I actively avoid him on the forums, blocked him in game but he still felt like posting a message to me on Buzz. It is really fucking annoying, for the most part I call this game "my happy place" (Happy Gilmore) where I get to unwind for a bit, I do not want to be pestered by some cbomb that just doesn't understand the words fuck off.

The final point I want to make is about the punishment thing. There are some people who believe that murders should get the death pen, or that paedophiles should be jailed for life, these people will never forgive or let the people forget their crimes. There are people who believe Mentor got off lightly; his initial punishment for the Multi's was fair imo. It was what came out after about what he does in real life which completely turned the tide. Mentor is a predator, he prays on the weak in society and scams them and I will not forget or forgive what he does. People like that need eradicated from society as a whole, never mind in this community.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

The only reaction I have to your reply where you talk about me ( with some nonsense in it once again) will be the buzz post I made and your reaction.

Bjorn O'Donnel (@M94172) buzzed at Grant Brophy (@M93477), Dean Sutherland (@M60227),Don Conor (@M86613)

Dean Sutherland , Grant Brophy and Don Conor ; we might have had some discussions and stuff like that in 2015, but I hope that it won't be the case in 2016 anymore. You guys really love the game and so do I, so as far as I am concerned, no stupid discussions etc anymore in 2016 between us. Happy new year and good health to all of you, that's the most important thing. Bjorn

Dean Sutherland (@M60227) replied to Bjorn O'Donnel's (@M94172) Buzz buzzed at Bjorn O'Donnel (@M94172)

I wish you health and happiness in the New Year, and I also wish you would fuck off, you are blocked for a reason.

Mike clearly asked both of us to stop stupid discussions and you keep on trying to get big reactions from me with bad comments about me on the forum. Your modus operandi won't work anymore Dinooo, sorry.

I tried to bury the hatchet, while you keep digging it up.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I know Bjorn has annoyed Dinooo and other managers a lot in the past but at least he has tried to make things better with that Buzz post. I don't expect him to be able to get along with any of the managers he tagged in that Buzz but fingers crossed they'll be civil to each other and for the best, keep communication to a minimum.

• Upvote 4

I agree Marky, I would like to see them get along. But if that cant happen I would be happy with them just avoiding each other. Sucks, Bjorn is like a little brother to me on here, and I really like the other 3. Every time I see one of these posts I think here we go again.

• Upvote 3

I know Bjorn has annoyed Dinooo and other managers a lot in the past but at least he has tried to make things better with that Buzz post. I don't expect him to be able to get along with any of the managers he tagged in that Buzz but fingers crossed they'll be civil to each other and for the best, keep communication to a minimum.

That's what my buzz was all about, but his answer was a clear 'fuck off', so 2016 won't bring a more civil version of him it seems. But don't worry, I will.

I agree Marky, I would like to see them get along. But if that cant happen I would be happy with them just avoiding each other. Sucks, Bjorn is like a little brother to me on here, and I really like the other 3. Every time I see one of these posts I think here we go again.

I don't need or want to be his friend, just neutral or close to that would be fine by me and it would be good for the game as well.

Don't worry Joe, or grandpa as I see you :P , his modus operandi will fail. I showed clearly that I want to bury the hatchet, he keeps digging it up. A shame, but so be it.

Tough voting this year for this award by the way as a lot of new managers with great records, ranking and a business it seems. Good for the game to see that! :)

• Upvote 2

You want to fight a 19 in-training project that is essentially 280k ID with a 270k decently trained 21 year old project? You are only proving my point. That's not even a challenge, you just want to smash a younger project and call it a win over a top manager.

I lol'd when I read "top manager".

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

you wouldn't consider #39 to be a top manager? so that means you arn't a top manager either since you're ranked 107?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

with that logic you're implying that Brent198 is one of the best managers in the game because he's ranked top 10.

no because over 50% of brents198's fights are QFC's

Depends on what tiers you are using, in my eyes there is the GOATs(Dino, Templeton and that one ginger bastard on the forums, I forgot his name), the elite managers who have hit No. 1(Wolf, Grady, Igor, Whymer) the P4Pers(guys who are a mainstay in the top 10 or always right out of it) and the top managers(which I would consider the main stay top 50 managers, which I am bruh).

Obviously you read top manager differently, that or you are trolling like usual and trying to illicit a reaction. Either way I am dong better than you at the moment so na na na na boo boo stick yo head in doo doo i'm doing better than you you.

Depends on what tiers you are using, in my eyes there is the GOATs(Dino, Templeton and that one ginger bastard on the forums, I forgot his name), the elite managers who have hit No. 1(Wolf, Grady, Igor, Whymer) the P4Pers(guys who are a mainstay in the top 10 or always right out of it) and the top managers(which I would consider the main stay top 50 managers, which I am bruh).

Obviously you read top manager differently, that or you are trolling like usual and trying to illicit a reaction. Either way I am dong better than you at the moment so na na na na boo boo stick yo head in doo doo i'm doing better than you you.

I have 6 or 7 active fighters on my roster.

I know if I were to take the time to investigate details and your competence as a manager, you're probably above average, at best. Nothing personal.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I have 6 or 7 active fighters on my roster.

I know if I were to take the time to investigate details and your competence as a manager, you're probably above average, at best. Nothing personal.

It was a joke, humor, taking the piss etc etc etc

Above average at best, my life is over. What will I do with my life now?

damn i better get this back on topic and make the case for people to vote for Dixie Normous .

Expect for the last month his be in the top 100 constant .I wouldn't judge him on his current ranking.

Not a can crusher has fought anyone put in froht of him.

Be winning with slider skill alone.If you look at the list of fighters i surprise he was so good in the ranking.Most of then popping shit hidden confidence intelligent but he kept winning with then .

Been carrying the alliance for most of the year ith his help were on in division 2 now and made a game effort to get to division one .

I know it to late it more then likely to late for him to win it but i thin he deserves more then 3 votes.

PS LOD SUCK DONKEY BALLS .NOT A REAL Alliance IN MY OPINION

Right, once again we get to the fun stuff.

This whole LOD v The World has got to stop. LOD isn't against the world no matter how many times the call to arms is raised. I get along with a fair few LOD members, gave spots in my gyms, gave money or advice whenever they have asked. As for Mentor? I wouldn't piss on him even if he was on fire. That is because of the overwhelming evidence that supported that he is a real life scumbag who recruited people in the game to do his bidding. If he had just had a multi, we would have gotten over it but it wasn't. Steel Penn had multi's and despite his rants now and again, most people don't mind him. There have been plenty of people with multi's and bridges were built and people went over them. I for one cannot be seen supporting anything to do with him, or anything he does in this game. For the most part I even manage to forget he is even here.

That sadly has a knock on effect with orgs which bare the GAMMA name, because they are feeder orgs for the main org. I have no intentions to ever send a fighter to GAMMA, and sadly that affects its affiliated orgs. I have however signed in LOD members orgs before which had no connection to GAMMA. So it isn't the alliance, it is the brand name which represents Mentor (or WMMA since he stole the name from that).

The final point I want to make is about the punishment thing. There are some people who believe that murders should get the death pen, or that paedophiles should be jailed for life, these people will never forgive or let the people forget their crimes. There are people who believe Mentor got off lightly; his initial punishment for the Multi's was fair imo. It was what came out after about what he does in real life which completely turned the tide. Mentor is a predator, he prays on the weak in society and scams them and I will not forget or forgive what he does. People like that need eradicated from society as a whole, never mind in this community.

Again you are going off topic idiot, i suggest you create a new topic in the actual forums named "is Mentor a real scumbag" for that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Again you are going off topic idiot, i suggest you create a new topic in the actual forums named "is Mentor a real scumbag" for that.

Funny, I don't remember Dino ever being stupid enough to create multiple accounts and then claim that Mike let him do it :shades:

As for going off topic, it's the same subject that was already brought up, so go back and tell everyone else who went off topic, which funnily enough, your pet Rabid did with his long ass post on shit unrelated to the award.

• Upvote 1