MMA Tycoon Olympics 2016 Initial Announcement

GBK16

He of little faint faith [Ed: really?].I definite think you get a rest of world team and 7 other nations easy ..I think there was a tournament like this one and it ran smooth

I never said you couldn't get that many teams, I said it wasn't a good idea. You would have the US and UK teams with 8 managers managing 8 different fighters and then a bunch of other teams with 2-3 managers tops. can anyone name a competent, non-cheating russian outside of Klatz and Mihail Montana for example?

I never said you couldn't get that many teams, I said it wasn't a good idea. You would have the US and UK teams with 8 managers managing 8 different fighters and then a bunch of other teams with 2-3 managers tops. can anyone name a competent, non-cheating russian outside of Klatz and Mihail Montana for example?

You are not forced to send all 8 fighters for all weight classes by the way, Nations participate just for pride and honor, even just one gold medal with one fighter would be more than enough.

It is to make things exciting and interesting, ofcourse if you want to win all gold medals you send 8 managers, just sayng maybe i am just bullshitting.

By the way like someone before sugested, we can also make a Rest of the World team to fill the gaps.

A Nation Olympics can be set up. For nations without sufficient numbers, you can easily band some countries together where it makes sense. For those questioning why it was named an "Olympics" it was just a name used to give the tournament an identity and it has run fairly successfully under that moniker.

A thread to discuss a Nations Olympic tournament can be found here - http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=55652

• 1 month later...

so no outsourcing this time?

after going through last year's thread minimum P4P was 1000 and a fighter need to fight once in the org. he is repping.

i would like to see min. P4P be relaxed to 750.It will widen my options.Many fighters fight every two weeks or sometimes even every week that tends to change fighter's P4P quickly.

also fights happen every two weeks in olympics? assuming none competing has 16 days injury.

There is a minimum weight requirement for each division which are as follows:

135 = 135 pounds or above.

145 = 145 pounds or above.

155 = 155 pounds or above.

170 = 170 pounds or above.

185 = 185 pounds or above.

205 = 205 pounds or above.

265 = 230 pounds or above.

265+ = 250 pounds or above.

No fighter under these weight limits will be allowed to compete under any circumstances. Fighters may go on weight gain or weight loss in order to make weight, however the weight must be made prior to the first fight taking place, if weight is not made then the fighter shall be disqualified and the opponent will go through to the next round.

The points system is as follows

Gold = 4

Silver = 3

Bronze = 2

4th = 1

5-8th = 0

I think winning gold should have more incentive.having one point more just doesn't seem enough.Winning gold basically means one is absolute best what he does.

I propose

gold-10

silver-7

bronze-5

4th-3

5th-8th-0

:P

on a different matter,

taking these weight classes in to account.

135 = 135 pounds or above.

145 = 145 pounds or above.

Fighter X has

Weight 144 lbs Can cut to 130.2 lbs

X can compete at 135 but not at 145 in oly.?

Fighter Y has

Weight 145 lbs Can cut to 133.2 lbs

Y can compete at 145 but not at 135 in oly.?

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...

Not had a lot of time over the past 2 weeks and didn't wanna just put out a half thought statement on events.

GAMMA have pulled out of the tournament due to Mentor being away during November which means he won't be able to sign fighters / schedule fights etc.

As a result, we have invited CFC owned by Chuck to replace them as they were the best org available from the field. If he declines we will reassess the available options.

Due to this, and with some orgs needing to see some results to decide on entrants, the rosters have to be submitted by October 28th. That means we can decide on which orgs host which divisions before the 31st.

The divisions will be decided this way. I asked Wolf to help as I feel he is a guy every org owner involved can trust. I will assign each org a number between 1-8, and screenshot it for proof. Wolf will then pick each of the numbers in sequence, with whichever order he puts them in being the picking order for divisions.

When the divisions are decided, I will then do the draw for the fights and post them on a new thread. Obviously the sooner each org can have their roster decided the better, but we got a definitive time frame now.

Also, as there might be some worries from orgs that if they submit their roster then other orgs could possibly counter pick based on styles, Wolf has agreed that you can submit your roster to him and he will keep it confidential until every Org's roster is announced.

There is a high chance that last years HW Champion Lexington Snape may be entering for Death Squad, not confirmed though.

He was the SHW champ :P I believe Rocky Tyson was the HW champ of last year's Olympics

Also, I am saying it now but dependent on time, I will be doing a Preview of each division before the tournament, with Previews of every fight in the tournament also.

• Upvote 1

Sorry we (GAMMA) had to pull out of the event, most of November i will be ultra busy in real life and i wont be home for about 12 days, I do not have anyone i can trust to set things up, so it wont be possible to participate until very late in that month or early December which will delay the whole event. I recommended CFC as a fantastic alternative and i am sure things will go fine. Good luck to the participating orgs, maybe next time.

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1415893171image.jpg

OFFICIAL OLYMPIC TEAM

135lbs: Geralt of Rivia

145lbs: Don Juan Matus

155lbs: Undecided

170lbs: Brandon Hale / Axel Rose

185lbs: Steven Rutherford

205lbs: Joey Kocur / Grigol Pandahammer / Joaquin Fortunado

265lbs: Gymer Alexandersson

265+lbs: Diego Bustamante

I'll do my best to get this updated as we figure out the other weight classes but wanted to at least try to get the ball rolling on this

• Upvote 2

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1469671905cfc-large.jpg

OFFICIAL OLYMPIC TEAM

135lbs: Ravi Vamoosh - Pending agreement from other Orgs

145lbs: Undecided - Hoping for PePe Habitchou but manager is retiring

155lbs: Henrique Ramos

170lbs: Mordecai Sackett

185lbs: Khal Drogo

205lbs: Archie Moore

265lbs: Jordi Joestar

265+lbs: Tinashe Chukwuma

We are struggling with some weight classes due to the 3 fight rule along with the p4p ranking limit. With only being around for just over 2 months now we dont have an abundance of fighters with 3 fights but we will figure it out.

PS sorry for stealing your formatting Fuse, I was feeling lazy

Edited by rjs2442
  • Upvote 4

Louie, since CFC was very much a continuation of the Legacy roster I don't think there is any issue with the fighters using their Legacy fights towards the 3 total.

Also since I forgot to mention it before. While the rosters have to be submitted by the 28th, the fighters can be booked in fights after the date just as long as they are good to go by the week from the 21st - 27th November. Some orgs will be having 2 fighters compete for a place so as long as you notify which guys are up for the spot it's all good.

• Upvote 1