UFC 217 Bisping vs St-Pierre Pick'em Thread

kenlow73

Dillashaw was a lot classier than I would have been. Great win for TJ.

I know thats right -- i'm so glad tj and rose won -- cody and joanna were just too cocky for their own good -- i mean being cocky isnt a bad thing but at a certain point its just too much and they were too much -- they both never showed respect even after winning

• Upvote 1

What a shitty card fucking hate it.

you're just mad that KC didn't make any picks for you to copy.

I know thats right -- i'm so glad tj and rose won -- cody and joanna were just too cocky for their own good -- i mean being cocky isnt a bad thing but at a certain point its just too much and they were too much -- they both never showed respect even after winning

I had the same thoughts. Joanna was getting really annoying and her trash talk was just awful. Cody was maybe even worse but tj like JLP said handled it with grace. I hope they do let him go down to 125 and fight Mighty Mouse next.

I missed the entire event due to work but luckily I watched it earlier this morning and had no spoilers. GSP looked fantastic early but was gassing. Bisping looked far bigger in the face offs but in the fight GSP looked like the heavier man and the longer man. If he can work on his cardio I think he has a pretty good chance against Whittaker.

• Upvote 1

I had the same thoughts. Joanna was getting really annoying and her trash talk was just awful. Cody was maybe even worse but tj like JLP said handled it with grace. I hope they do let him go down to 125 and fight Mighty Mouse next.

I missed the entire event due to work but luckily I watched it earlier this morning and had no spoilers. GSP looked fantastic early but was gassing. Bisping looked far bigger in the face offs but in the fight GSP looked like the heavier man and the longer man. If he can work on his cardio I think he has a pretty good chance against Whittaker.

Joanna looked sluggish and disinterested in my opinion. I read that she was pretty much demanding a re-match, so it doesnt look like she learned any humility after the fight. I think she should have to get another win before they let her back in the cage with Rose. I dont think Rose will hold the belt all that long, but she is a breath of fresh air personality wise compared to most of the other UFC champs.

I wasnt too impressed with GSP. It looked like he had already emptied his gas tank in the first two rounds. I think Whittaker or Woodley smashes him rather easily and I kind of doubt that we even get to see that fight despite what Dana said post-fight. How long before they all (conor, GSP and the UFC) start dreaming about all the money they can make having GSP/McGregor at 170?

I am impressed by a GSP finish. Despite being basically gassed he still came through and landed the big shots he needed and then gets the submission. Amazing!

Now I'm not sure if he can finish other fighters at 185 but I was certain that 170 was such a big cut that it should have been making him more tired and bad for his body. In fact I thought it was the reason he wasn't able to finish at 170 anymore. The fact that he was tired and at a higher weight leaves some questions though, like is he the same fighter at middleweight or is it tougher on his gas tank to fight there? We definitely saw more power in him so only time will tell.

Can't wait for him to defend his title, it should be against Whittaker next!

This was the in the top 3 PPV cards easily in the last 5 years. UFC 189, UFC 202 and this card were so Fucking amazing, loaded with world class fighters and they came and put on a show.

I was screaming at the top of my lungs and almost cried in happiness with Rose took out Joanna, I told a lot of people it would be a close fight and picked Rose, she is so unpredictable and Everyone knows what Joanna is going to do but can't stop it.

I also freaked out when TJ KO'd Cody, I didn't really care who won but damn what a fight and what a finish by TJ, awesome stuff..

And GSP, GSP, GSP!!!!! I said unless GSP has completely lost it, he will humiliate Bisping. I expected Bisping to take the first round maybe but for GSP to take over handily. Fight went different then I thought but Bisping must feel dumb after all that extra shit talk lol. He handled it classy though like he usually does so props to him.

GSP/Whitaker is a toss up although I lean towards Whitaker slightly due to his striking power and size.

Joanna looked sluggish and disinterested in my opinion. I read that she was pretty much demanding a re-match, so it doesnt look like she learned any humility after the fight. I think she should have to get another win before they let her back in the cage with Rose. I dont think Rose will hold the belt all that long, but she is a breath of fresh air personality wise compared to most of the other UFC champs.

I wasnt too impressed with GSP. It looked like he had already emptied his gas tank in the first two rounds. I think Whittaker or Woodley smashes him rather easily and I kind of doubt that we even get to see that fight despite what Dana said post-fight. How long before they all (conor, GSP and the UFC) start dreaming about all the money they can make having GSP/McGregor at 170?

For all the history talk Joanna was talking about I think you're right she didn't look in very good shape and she probably bought into her own hype and thought she had an easy fight. Rose is getting better but I favor kk, Andrade, and claudia over her.

As for GSP I think he showed he can at least hang with the best at MW. I would bet on the other top contenders over him but with a better gas tank I think he could do well. He looked big and long enough for the division and had some decent pop in his punches. Woodley would probably beat him as well but I can never say anyone would smash GSP. But you're right the fight that's almost certain to happen is GSP v Conor. But GSP would smash Conor imo.

GSP submitting Bisping is very impressive, but unless he can really improve his gas tank a ton, guys like Whitaker, Rockhold, Woodley,... will best him handily.

If he can get his cardio up to elite levels, he could do great with his new physique. He seems to generate a lot more power with his extra muscle mass. I doubt he will ever become a KO-artist, but glad to see more snap in his punches already.

A lot of people talk about how impressive GSP looked, to me he looked like a former legend out for a long time, his gas tank was out by the second round and yes, he was up against a weak champ. I think someone like Woodley will absolutely kill him. I also highly doubt the Whittaker fight will happen, too much risk involved against a relatively unknown guy.

It sounded to me like Gsp viewed winning the 185 belt was his project which he perceived as being feasible given that Bisping isnt top 3 at 185 imo.

Whether making an actual defence of the belt motivates him is questionable.

Id sign to fight Connor, the vacate at 185 when everyone gets pissed off that the belts not getting defended.

Fight Connor then retire at 37.

Somewhere in the world, Rousey must be really really happy :D
at least she didn't tap when she got lit up :)
and she still has the record + finishing fights too
haha just kidding

then Cody with his all the video posting ... andd

one take from this event and yet once again : stay humble and down to earth

and Hendricks ... man ... it's sad to see the man who once many people believed to have beaten GSP in this situation ...

Fight Connor then retire at 37.

Sure if GSP drops to 155, McNugget needs to defend the title instead of fighting everywhere else.

Sure if GSP drops to 155, McNugget needs to defend the title instead of fighting everywhere else.

I think that's what he wants to do, win 3 belts in 3 divisions but it would be a tough cut for him especially after all the muscle mass he put on for 185. I think Conor is gonna lose to Tony though so let Tony take the belt defend it against Khabib and Conor can chase money fights.

we know that mcgregor isn't going to defend his title right? :D

he is going to keep making demands ... select opponents who are older, smaller, out of prime or on the verge of going out of prime

most probably he will run his mouth and campaign for the Malignaggi fight next ...