Steel Penn's Alliance Wars

Hunter Jones - Roger Kint - Vitamin T - Mihail Montana and some maybes/backups... so, if we can get this started, EFC will be there representing.

C'mon people, this is a great format, you're not handcuffed on longterm, single elimination, no injury probs... will be big fun if we get this going and honestly i don't buy this "but it's SP" thing. Also no alliance needs to bring in kind of the top 5 for making this legit/exciting.

• Upvote 4

Hunter Jones - Roger Kint - Vitamin T - Mihail Montana and some maybes/backups... so, if we can get this started, EFC will be there representing.

added

C'mon people, this is a great format, you're not handcuffed on longterm, single elimination, no injury probs... will be big fun if we get this going and honestly i don't buy this "but it's SP" thing. Also no alliance needs to bring in kind of the top 5 for making this legit/exciting.

Yea and with blind picks your fighter may have a better chance of winning.

I like both formats Non-restricted and ID-restrcited. What if they will be combined? So round between two alliance include 5 fights, they could be in different ID-classes. For example:

1st - no restriction

2nd - 140k+

3rd - 165k+

4th - 190k+

5th - creation

I like this idea a lot. Anyone?

Id be up for that. One tourny for the older alliances one for the newwr ones which is creation

This might be hard to pull off. Where would we make the cut off? Alliance age? We dont have a creation date for alliances so its hard to judge where to make a cut off? I have asked for this with no reply http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=36146&hl=

Tell me how we can work it and we will see what we can do.

I like both formats Non-restricted and ID-restrcited. What if they will be combined? So round between two alliance include 5 fights, they could be in different ID-classes. For example:

1st - no restriction

2nd - 140k+

3rd - 165k+

4th - 190k+

5th - creation

Let's go with something like this for the alternative ID-restricted tourney.

Let's go with something like this for the alternative ID-restricted tourney.

So do this tourney as is and create a new one with this format? I can do that. Talk to me, lets get this worked out.

If theres two tourneys. One with ID restriction or even creation and one without my alliance will do the ID creation which can be a smaller prize pot this allows alliances with newer managers with newer fighters equal chances

If theres two tourneys. One with ID restriction or even creation and one without my alliance will do the ID creation which can be a smaller prize pot this allows alliances with newer managers with newer fighters equal chances

EzekelRAGE can you set this up for me? Same arrangement? I will have 4 more Steel Penn orgs host this event. starkwolf would you like to host one of the rounds at your org?

So do this tourney as is and create a new one with this format? I can do that. Talk to me, lets get this worked out.

yup two tourneys:

Hardcore - with no restriction and ID-restricted.

What lowest ID do you think should be there? May be 150k or 160k? With steps like 150-165-180-195-210 or 160-180-195-205-215. I don't like creation only thing, I don't want to cut any of my fighters.

EzekelRAGE

If manager can use any of his fighters, why not make rounds every week or al least two weeks to have enough time to set up everything. I think 3weeks between rounds is too much.

Manager has the option to use any of his fighters but don't want to force him to use any of his fighters. 3wks insures no injuries for anyone using the same guy. Was around 17 or so days between each round, but the event wouldve been on a weekday. So was moved to the following weekend.

EzekelRAGE

If manager can use any of his fighters, why not make rounds every week or al least two weeks to have enough time to set up everything. I think 3weeks between rounds is too much.

This guy, how often do we see this gent in our forums. I love it. Your the man Klatz, glad to see you getting involved with this. I am open to any adaptations we need to make. Mr Rage is running both alliance tourneys for us so he will create the new one once we settle on the format.

Manager has the option to use any of his fighters but don't want to force him to use any of his fighters. 3wks insures no injuries for anyone using the same guy. Was a round 17 or so days between each round, but the event wouldve been on a weekday. So was moved to the following weekend.

I understand this obvious ensurance in tourney for fighters. But we are making tourney for managers and we could use its advantages. I believe two weeks is perfect interval between rounds. From my experience less than 10% of fighters get 15-16days injuries. One forced substitution per two teams - is this a big deal? And also as Roger has noticed speed tourney has its charm.

If you and SP cool with it I'm cool with it. I just handle keeping the thread updated and collecting fighter picks. So let me know and I'll update the schedule accordingly.

Make it happen, sir.

I think I love you now.

For the newer alliances

http://s24.postimg.org/asybhl0at/Wars.jpg

• Upvote 1

The Cornell Family would be down, except we only have 2 established managers that are active. Everyone else is new and pitting 200k fighters against 80k fighters does seems more like an IQ test than a slider test :P

• Upvote 1