Yearly Awards Breakthrough Fighter Idea

Slice

A lot was said about this; in terms of the Breakthrough Fighter being a pointless idea, and Breakthrough manager was better, I agree with all this. Nearly all the nominees for the award were already at the top level of the game which makes it difficult to call it a 'Breakthrough year' for them.

However; I think we may be looking at this the wrong way. 1 RL year is a long time (4tycoon years to be precise)

Maybe we should judge a Breakthrough Fighter over a shorter period of time, I reckon every two tycoon years. So every six months. Between January and June, then between July and December.

I will be happy to run this as I know Grant already does a lot.

But who would be on board with this idea? Also would anyone fancy helping me run it?

I do not agree with your idea.

4 years in game means that a young guy ( age 20-24) can grow to a fully grown beast (24-28) and reach the top.

+ it are yearly awards, so would be rather strange to have a yearly award every 6 months.

Breakthrough fighter is also perfectly possible for guys who have done ok the previous year, but now all of a sudden are really kicking ass, perhaps because of a new manager or something similar.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Breakthrough fighter is also perfectly possible for guys who have done ok the previous year, but now all of a sudden are really kicking ass, perhaps because of a new manager or something similar.

The problem is, is that most of the nominees for Breakthrough Fighter are the same as Best Fighter of the Year, which is the problem Chael brought up.

Either we need to find a more definitive line between these two categories, or we need new categories.

Either way, I think we should add a best new fighter category. This could be a new build or someone who never fought before.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1