Rest sessions?

Training Rest Sessions N00b

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:42 AM

Ok bit of a noob question but how many rest sessions would be about right to have, currently i have a wednesday PM and a Thursday AM as my rest sessions but my fighters still tire fairly quick and im using reduce energy sup's.
is it better to just put in a whole day of rest rather than staggered sessions?

Any advice guys would be great, Thanks.

Brian Kirk

#2 Mauipigen

Mauipigen

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 59 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:53 AM

It's hard to say without knowing what level your fighters Stamina is at, but myt advise would be:

Rest your fighter for 1 sessession, every time he drops below 95% energy. (unless it's late in the week, because you get 2 rest sessions every sunday). Try to make sure you are just around or above 90% energy after the Saturday PM session.

#3 nandorossi

nandorossi

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:50 PM

If you do not have a 12 in conditioning then I would alter your training to 6 cardio sessions a week and squeez in whatever you can in the PM. Use stamina gain instead of reduce energy loss until you have minimum of 12. That should get you a full week of training with no rest, but if you do clinch work or sparing you might need to get conditioning to 13 to not take a session off.

It's hard to say without knowing what level your fighters Stamina is at, but myt advise would be:

Rest your fighter for 1 sessession, every time he drops below 95% energy. (unless it's late in the week, because you get 2 rest sessions every sunday). Try to make sure you are just around or above 90% energy after the Saturday PM session.

This is a must. 90% energy after saturday pm session has to be hit since you will be back at 100% for Monday AM session.

1400358715HFC.jpg

• Guests

Posted 31 March 2014 - 03:36 PM

On your fighter's page, in the top right hand corner, next to the red VS theres a black "box". Click that. It will show you how many sessions it will take for your fighter to get to a certain level of energy. Get that conditioning to at least Wonderful, but anytime your fighter dips below 90% energy he should rest until he's back above. Also take a recovery supplement while training as that will help prevent energy loss. If his conditioning is not Wonderful, then take a stamina supplement and do cardio until it gets to Wonderful. Conditioning helps determine how much energy your fighter loses during training and fights.

#5 Havenwest

Havenwest

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 403 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:02 PM

if i have rested foe two sessions one after the other does it lose effect like sparring would , example being i rest one day gain 5percent and very next session i do the same will it be jus as effective or no...silly question i know but hey this is where i found out things haha cheers in advance guys

• Guests

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:03 PM

if i have rested foe two sessions one after the other does it lose effect like sparring would , example being i rest one day gain 5percent and very next session i do the same will it be jus as effective or no...silly question i know but hey this is where i found out things haha cheers in advance guys

No decreased effect resting multiple sessions in a row. Each session "resting" gains the same amount of energy.

Typically you will see that after a fight where your fighter has like 20% or less energy. You might need to rest a whole week to get his energy back up high enough to start training in those cases ;)

• Guests

Posted 01 April 2014 - 01:21 AM

Thanks for the help guys! starting to understand now :D

#8 KawasakiRamenBlitz

KawasakiRamenBlitz

Blue Belt

• Manager
  • 87 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 02:55 PM

Hey all -

slightly related, so I don't want to open a new thread for this question specifically:

I've pumped conditioning up to 14 on a few guys. Should I keep pushing until they hit 15 or can you take the foot of the gas once they're at 14?

Cheers
K

#9 Havenwest

Havenwest

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 403 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 03:45 AM

Id say go for that last point .. or even dont as 14 is high as is , you could work on other things ..but yer imo go for last point

#10 philofthefuture

philofthefuture

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:04 PM

I've read that 12 is high enough and you should train techniques as early as possible as it is related to learning speed.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Training, Rest, Sessions, N00b

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users