Question about VIP

MMATycoon

What is your current VIP status  

563 members have voted

1. 1. What is your current VIP status

• Currently VIP
    • Not VIP yet but plan on going VIP
    • Not VIP and won't be going VIP any time soon
    • Not VIP but might go VIP in the future if there are some improvements or new features
    • Not VIP and haven't been here long enough to decide

I think the 1 week trial should provide a pretty big boost--because once you've experienced the scout tool and pop up assistant--well I couldn't imagine going back to basic.

Might sound evil, but if the PBP was only for VIP members (or if the PBP was shortened version for non VIP) I think it would make a big difference. Of course anytime you take anything away it's likely to cause an uproar.

I'm just waiting for my eCheque togo through... 5 to 7 working days... sheesh...

I wonder if it would be a good idea to let VIP members start arenas as a company type. They'd have to think about cleanliness and presentation, size, and hire fees. Maybe even sell beer and hot dogs to our virtual attendees.

It would give VIPs something else to do, and would give more arenas for the fight orgs to choose from.

Arenas is something I'd thought of too but there isn't really a massive amount you could do if you owned one, that I can think of. Not saying it's not possible but it would need some padding out. Also, the number of arenas in a city acts as a natural check on the number of events an org can hold, so I wouldn't want to let that get out of hand.

Arena could be a pretty cool idea! You can run vendors like for consession stand, clothing vendors to sell in the arena at events, mantience, staff to work it. I think if everyone puts in some ideas Arena could be amazing!

Arenas is something I'd thought of too but there isn't really a massive amount you could do if you owned one, that I can think of. Not saying it's not possible but it would need some padding out. Also, the number of arenas in a city acts as a natural check on the number of events an org can hold, so I wouldn't want to let that get out of hand.

That, and the whole issue with arenas, in the real world business, is trying to replay the initial construction cost. The only people who could afford the 7, 8, and 9 figure up-front construction cost would be org owners anyway.

And if you didn't have a revenue stream like an org to help finance an arena, it would be a very quick way to go broke should the market go a bit south on you.

i would like to buy VIP but i cant because I'm a kid i think that more ways to pay would help for example a great way would be over the phone check out crimebloc and their payment methods text and over the phone if that was available id do it for sure

Also if you had a arena you could have clothing shops pay you to sell clothes there and have however many clothes sold depending on the hype surrounding the people fighting it would be a great way to increase profits of clothes shops and they could pay to rent the arena for an event or maybe a month. I'm thinking this would also encourage bidding wars between clothes stores which would again help arena owners. same would go with nutrition company or maybe a new enterprise specializing in arena merchandise eg posters T-shirts relevant to the event and food like hot dogs and such. seen as fights are attended by AI anyway or just simulated with a supposed audience then an assured buying system would be good. like a way were if the hype was really high then you would almost certainly sell so and so many items. this would in turn bring assured profits and so this doesn't rise to high and mean certain gain whatever the circumstances have vendors be run like gyms requiring people to work the stalls and cleanliness and such and how up to date things are.

to be honest i think the best way to do it would be have vendors now these run like gyms in terms of all the stuff i just said and they have to rent a space of the arena owners and the clothes shop owners and just any merch sellers would sell their stuff to the vendors then come fight night vendors would have prepared on sliders much like the fight strategy's their selling strategy's for sayy whatever you want to concentrate seeling on like on one side t shirts the other food and depending on the hype surrounding the fighters or the event and capacity and other variables then that would give you a assured selling figure but of course every now and then it would all go wrong and you wouldn't sell well at all or you'd sell wayyy over expectations just to add a bigger risk. obviously this enterprise would work on arenas and stores so there all deeply intertwined

anyways just an idea although MAATYCOON if you like the idea contact me well talk about it or just use this lol its rough and could use work but i think it could be really good VIP only of course but id love this

An idea to encourage more VIP members.

VIP opens up an accelerated version of the game for one fighter per manager - possibly an eleventh fighter?. These Fighters would not be allowed to join regular speed organization as they would be allowed to train seven days a week - possibly three or four times a day?. Allowing them to join regular organizations would be unbalancing, thus creating the need for specialized Gyms (to allow for increased training time) and Organizations. Possibly these fighters would heal at a slightly faster pace.

The need for new gyms and organizations would open the doors for other VIP's to tap a blank slate and give them more of a fighting chance to open a successful company.

Interesting. Would be a lot of work but opening up a second world was always going to be a possibility if the first one got too crowded.

If you ever want to open up a second world anyway, could you make women's MMA? I don't know about the gyms being different, but the clothes and possibly the supplements could be. And if not separate orgs, there would at least be more classes, which would probably necessitate more orgs opening up. I don't know how much more work that would be. There some dudes walking around with girl's names right now. :)

Adding women is something that was obviously under consideration right from the start. The problem is the use of him/his/he's etc in the commentary. That would need tackling and I don't know how much time all that would take. We might be able to do a find and replace type thing but I dunno. Anyway, that's a loooooooooooooooong way off ever happening so we'll tackle that when we come to it.

I think there may be some benefit in a "graduated VIP" type program that provides a minor additional benefit (perhaps something like an 11th fighter) for being a VIP for an entire year. It may be the kind of little thing that could potentially encourage long-term VIP purchases which ultimately is good news for Mike.

In the future, maybe rewarding long-term users with a "Super VIP" for three years of VIP status by giving them a second company or something like that.

Just some thoughts on how to retain long-term PAYING users.

Free VIP for a week (minus owning companies and sticking to the 4-fighter non-VIP limit) upon signing up would be a nice way to get people used to using the great VIP tools. One week is good... enough time to let someone create a fighter, sign him up for QFC, get a fight under his belt, and recover.

Perhaps another VIP pricing level... spend $1 to get VIP for 1 day. Again, the 1-day VIP would be minus owning companies and sticking to the 4-fighter non-VIP limit. Maybe you only let them do it once and then you close that level to them. Or maybe you let them keep spending $1... not sure if you'd rather get $1 here and there over the course of time or get $10 all at once. This way, people would get to check out VIP for a very minimal investment. I'm just brain-storming here... I still think free VIP for a week upon starting is a better idea. Or maybe a combination of the two ideas.

Not sure what the best way would be for someone to experience owning a company on a trial basis. Perhaps you could create a free "sandbox" area where non-VIPs could see the different screens that come up when you own companies and play around with the options, but in the end, the company isn't created in the "game world"... it's just a way for people to mess with the "create a company" tools and think, "Hmm, I see where the fun would be in doing this."

I actually really like the idea of allowing new users to get a taste of the VIP tools. Give them 3 free days of of access to the VIP tools, minus the ability to own companies and creating more fighters. I think it would be a great tease for people and would drive up VIP purchases.

I'm a VIP.

Here are a few suggestions that i am just popping off the top of my head. Have not thought them through or anything, so please don't criticize :) Just ideas for ideas sake

1. VIP Only city

--in addition, this could be an easy way to give VIP's an extra fighter (11th) and the fighter in that fighter spot can only fight in the VIP only city. Tycoonopolis.

2. I saw the suggestion for additional companies. How about an advertising company. right now you're spending X dollars on the cpu advertising companies. Player run advertising companies could put a whole new angle on this aspect.

3. I did like the idea to own an arena for a company. Would have to build up to create seating capacity, handle the concessions and parking and other things that might draw in events. For the ones that own an arena, perhaps they could draw in non MMA events if there aren't enough MMA events to keep their finances up.

4. I believe the ability to "watch" the fights will be going in at some point. Make that VIP only?

--also, a graphical viewing of the fight would also be insanely awesome, and since it would simply be the graphical representation of the fight that has already been determined, shouldn't be too difficult to implement I wouldn't think :) But I could be mistaken!

5. Slightly increased energy recovery rate/heal cuts faster/whatever

6. Mike's Home Phone ;)

7. The option to determine what the Manager's Take is on each of their fighters.

8. Mailbox folders

And on a side-note to that, it would be nice if there were a read/unread indicator for each message.

9. a 1 time ability to edit a fighter's height or other non-weight attribute [to fix mistakes, but I wouldn't want to see this abused]

10. MMAtycoon/cpu sponsorships

11. In addition to the release/FA ability, the ability to retire a fighter instead. Retired fighters can then be eligible for the hall of fame and the manager may receive additional income from their fighter being a HOFer.

But in essence, VIP's, in addition to being able to release a player every 14 days instead of 30, they can "release" 2. Or make the retirement option 1 in 30 days but it's simply a VIP option

12. Managers could buy sponsorship for arena name rights? Or perhaps VIP companies could buy the sponsorship. That'd be another aspect to include for arena owners as well.

13. The ability to challenge fighters in other orgs. QFC is random. Give VIP a challenge system. (it won't necessarily have any benefits other than testing your might against someone else. Perhaps the 2 fighters need enough hype)

14. I believe there was talk (or maybe it was someone elses suggestion) of having "KO of the night", "submission of the night" and "fight of the night" awards at events. Perhaps make those awards available only to VIP's

Again, these suggestions were just brainstorming on my part. Some may or may not work, be good, whatever. I'm simply presenting different ideas that may have not been brought up before. Nothing more. Please no hate :)

VIP Rocks and it's cheap! $30/year is way less than a video game you buy from the store that you're lucky to play a month before shelling out another $50-60 on another new game.

+1

Definitely make the game more enjoyable for me. Helps to remove some of the mystery, so you can see how your guys progress and match up with their opponents

Assistant and Scout FTW!!

plus 6 extra fighters