What do you think about having 3D animated fights? with audience, fighters coming in with their entrance songs and the fight (doesn't have to be the whole fight, the key moments are enough). I know it will cost a lot but with some donations and the help of animators who like MMA and are willing to work for less, I think we can do it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

3D fights would not be bad that could get this game a lot more managers but like everyone said it will cost a lot and this game probably don't have that much money. Maybe but this game on Kickstarter and ask for few thousands for 3D fight design or something? As the fan base and the game it self will probably could be able to make good presentation and get the money.

A 3D engine would be great, but unless you spend a lot of time developing the 3D animation fight engine, you could end up seeing the same animations over and over again and it might get a bit boring after a while.

Some animators would have experience in making animations for games and these are the people MMA Tycoon would need to approach if they were ever going to do this. Not only that, they'd need to approach someone who knows how to implement the 3D animations into the current fight engine.

• Upvote 1

... ooor we buy Kick Bokstra 347 years Tycoon VIP!

;)

I run a company with making video animations, and as a lot of people allready commented; this would take months to make. Still with startup designers/coders 50.000 dollars is nothing. And indeed, you would need to refresh moves/looks every year or so, cuz you get bored fairly quicky seeing the same moves every fight.

I would suggest keeping the 'text based play by play' but give it someting extra, like one bar with reloads every few seconds to get a bit more of a 'whats going to happen next?!' feeling (spannings boog in dutch - attention curve? / 'cause and effect' on which movies are based)

quick and diry set up- you could add some more informatie (like the ufc does - live update of signifcant strikes landed)

http://www.loepzuiver.net/extern/mma-test.gif

Idea orginated by game Championship Manager 2 windows game (1997) - see this video at 0": 36 sec - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvSgsFJ09bU

• Upvote 7

;)

I run a company with making video animations, and as a lot of people allready commented; this would take months to make. Still with startup designers/coders 50.000 dollars is nothing. And indeed, you would need to refresh moves/looks every year or so, cuz you get bored fairly quicky seeing the same moves every fight.

I would suggest keeping the 'text based play by play' but give it someting extra, like one bar with reloads every few seconds to get a bit more of a 'whats going to happen next?!' feeling (spannings boog in dutch - attention curve? / 'cause and effect' on which movies are based)

quick and diry set up- you could add some more informatie (like the ufc does - live update of signifcant strikes landed)

Idea orginated by game Championship Manager 2 windows game (1997) - see this video at 0": 36 sec - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvSgsFJ09bU

That's really similar to what I think should be done. I think the Tale of the Tape should be redesigned and the play by play text shown below it but still inside the box for the Tale of the Tape. Though this is something I think would be a lot better than the current way you have to watch a fight on MMA Tycoon. Currently the webpage gets longer and longer the longer the fight goes.

Not sure about the images, they'd get really repetitive.

;)

That would be great. But as far as something way bigger - unless you gather 50 Steel Penn's in Tycoon, it won't work. But LJ's idea looks great :)

Anyhow, I think how the play by looks is less important the interface design of the whole website. If you are a new user who just registerd there sooo much going on, the menu consist out of 17 text links some divided by a / or () and then you have 10 icons underneath. And if you become VIP evenmore navigation appears. It could use a complete facelift by a interface designer who has knowledge how to use navigate trough such a site.

But as everything, this would take a lot of time, and energy. And probably some money aswell.

Dont get me wrong, this is a great place to hang out and daily train/fight your fighters and work on a org or company. Props to Mike!

• Upvote 3

The interface is a bit dated now yes but I am sure that this has been gone over before and is being worked on?

The idea of 3D fights repels me.

Having the Championship Manager bar would be good not sure I understand how the PbP would look in the side bars?

I hope Mike is reading this topic :) so basically all we need is money, that's easy... just call all the celebrities/billionaires/sportsmen who like MMA, show them a very good presentation and the potential of this game and convince them to invest their money in this game. I mean 50.000 $ for them is nothing, it's just like 50 $ to us, but the 50.000 would get this game to a whole new level and with a little advertisement we could get hundreds of thousands of new users.

I hope Mike is reading this topic :) so basically all we need is money, that's easy... just call all the celebrities/billionaires/sportsmen who like MMA, show them a very good presentation and the potential of this game and convince them to invest their money in this game. I mean 50.000 $ for them is nothing, it's just like 50 $ to us, but the 50.000 would get this game to a whole new level and with a little advertisement we could get hundreds of thousands of new users.

http://www.fanmail.biz/ Here you can find something that will help you contact them :) Like I said, we need 50 more SPs in this game. Thats all.