30 replies to this topic

#1 762x39

762x39

Black Belt

• Developer
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 10:17 AM

POPULAR

Maybe I am a little emotional today with it being Easter. But I learned the hard way a few months ago that no ones time here on earth is promised. I want to share this with all of you so you don't make the same mistake.

I started out the new year on top of the world, I got a new promotion at work that puts me one step closer to being the plant manager. My oldest son has been accepted to a few colleges and we were all planning our future, with it looking very good. My daughter is #3 in her freshman class, and youngest who has Down Syndrome had finally made it through a December without being in the hospital.

Toward the end of January my back started hurting. I ended up going to urgent care and they told me I had sciatica they gave me some pain meds and muscle relaxers and sent me home. I ended up making a couple more trips to the ER and my doctor over the next 2 weeks and I just kept getting worse. Finally it got so bad I needed a walker to get around. One morning I could not get out of bed or move my left leg. My wife took me to the ER again and when I got there my blood pressure was 59/40. They did an MRI on me and finally figured out I have a MRSA infection and they ignored it for so long that it spread through my whole body. I had a 10 inch pocket in my back, in both hips, down both legs to my feet, my left lung and in my heart. They told my wife to call in all the family because I was going to die.

After a few surgeries and 17 days in the hospital I was able to come home. I am still on IV meds and have a wound pump hooked up to my back and hip but I am alive. I go to the doctors at least twice a week and have home health care coming in twice a week. I am working light duty again and everything seams to be getting better. Then last week I go to the heart doctor to check the infection I had in it. He did an ECO on my heart and the MRSA has destroyed my aortic valve. So now sometime in the coming weeks I will have to have open heart surgery. The valve is falling apart, a piece broke off and ended up in my spleen and spread the infection to it. He said to watch for signs of a stroke because if more breaks off it could cause that.

I post this not so anyone will feel sorry for me, or for attention. I post this so you all will not take the ones you love for granted. We are only here for a short time and we do not know when our number will be drawn and we will be called home. I am a better man after going through this, I tell people that I love them and do my best to show them. So today take the time to do it yourself. You never know when you are going to run out of time to say it.

Happy Easter everyone and God bless you and your family.

#2 bjornmma1

bjornmma1

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 8,796 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 10:22 AM

Keep strong man! A great and beautifull message to the world and we should indeed show more to the people that we love, that we really love them. 

You know that I'll always be available to talk to if needed buddy . Our alliance isn't  just an alliance, as we all do care about the real life things going on with us as well. 

I hope you'll be able to recover well and that the surgery goes great. 

144688237210gd6xc.jpg 2psljrc.jpg

#3 igorbyhenikov

igorbyhenikov

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 10:35 AM

you are very strong man. 

#4 Grasman

Grasman

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 10:39 AM

Wow man, all the best to you and your family.

Stay positive, enjoy being with your loved ones and win this big battle.

I admire your attitude.

Posted Image

#5 Steel

Steel

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 10:47 AM

I pick my mother up from the airport in 3 hours, she lives in Turkey and I see her twice a year.

I will be thinking of you when I spend time with her, I'm sure it will help me value the time.

I wish you well.

#6 theWHITEWOLF

theWHITEWOLF

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 307 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:32 AM

Keep fighting and with the battle man I will never forget this message...

90dcc461ed5f4b9001d7a6ec4eb53c52761131c6If you play Skyrim or have, you will understand  :yes:funny-boxingmma-moments-277x156.jpg

#7 mwt19744

mwt19744

Brown Belt

• Manager
  • 792 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:47 AM

Joe great message man. If you need anything you have my number. Me and my family are traveling back home today so we will be close.
Posted Image Posted Image

#8 Skap

Skap

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,566 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 01:05 PM

Touching story and some great advice to help keep us grounded. Wishing you the best during your surgery. 

44733e85-a2ce-4e15-af1b-eecf9b7776a1_zps

#9 stpierrecanada

stpierrecanada

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 5,877 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 02:32 PM

Wow so sorry to hear, keep strong.
Fedor will always be the Greatest P4P fighter to ever live.

Posted Image

#10 potter09

potter09

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 4,254 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 03:38 PM

Jesus man that is deep from the heart gave me goosebumps reading it.

I hope you have a very successful heart Op and you and your family get to enjoy the good things this life throws at us. As atm you seem to judt be getting the bad things.

Peace brother.

#11 The1rstSaint

The1rstSaint

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,818 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 06:06 PM

Joe River = good peeps keep strong, and god bless!

f7jvwER.gif

#12 duphus

duphus

Red Belt

• 2,494 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 06:44 PM

Dam Joe, don't be afraid to go and get 3rd and 4th opinions from different doctors. Finding a decent one that will actually take the time to find all the problems is rare, they usually run a test or 2 and send ya home.

#13 Gutz

Gutz

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 365 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 06:59 PM

I keep writing smthg here and then deleting it. Perhaps there isnt any words for this. All I can say is that I wish you all the best and finally some luck.

#14 ScoobyAli

ScoobyAli

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 7,131 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:37 AM

Great post joe,you know weve got ur back

1484925009Taijutsu.gifKmiLato.gif1418162563rnc.jpg

#15 Kanis

Kanis

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,355 posts
  • Interests:M.M.A. (actually ALL combat sports)
    Jacques Cousteau Takamatsu, Matsui, Ray Park, Jackie Chan, Master Pan, Tolkein, Douglas Adams, Carl Sagan and Numerous others, no disrespect meant, by not mentioning them, you get the point.
  • Manager Profile

Posted 06 April 2015 - 01:23 AM

It is a Rare spirit that chooses to give Strength and Enlightenment to others, WHILE they are being tested to THEIR own limits.

To think of others is your greatest need. I wish, for you, 10 fold in return.  To mend the body,  because your Spirit is already, nearly,  perfect.

the only advice that i could give :  In your heart and your soul, dont BELIEVE a word the doctors tell you.

:excl:

Much Respect to you, Sir

I will never forget your lesson

14845354161484529184vlogo.gif   

"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything." - Albert Einstein.                 

#16 Deuce7

Deuce7

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 2,970 posts
  • Interests:Baseball, Football, Hockey, MMA, basically anything sports related.
  • Manager Profile

Posted 06 April 2015 - 01:27 AM

Stay strong Joe. It's very nice to see something like this in the forums from time to time to remind us that there is more to this world than just a game.

#17 SteelPenn

SteelPenn

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 2,836 posts
  • Interests:Steel's quote

Steel Penn Alliance
    Steel Penn Fighting Temple
    #Gableisajerkoff
    Steel Penn's Steel Terror 160
    Steel Penn's Steel Rio 160
    Steel Penn's Steel Amsterdam 160
  • Manager Profile

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:56 AM

Positive thoughts for you and yours Joe. Stay strong and remember, your alive. Carpi Diem.

1393712666w08NAc3.gif  1386438518due5.png       14154099341319991724SPFTbig.jpg          1455459176our%20logo.jpg 1326675969Steel%20Penn%20Alliance%20Bann1422825674SPIQ4_zpsab25d215.png

#18 tp61503

tp61503

Black Belt

• Manager
  • 1,156 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:05 AM

Your a good guy hope You get better soon

93kk.png

#19 HoarseWhisperer

HoarseWhisperer

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 562 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:22 AM

God, it's always incredible to me how your life can change in one instant. I have seen my fair share of ups and downs, and have been lucky enough to come out the other side wholly intact. It takes an incredible amount of personal strength to keep getting up and facing so much difficulty but, brother, some of the best people I have known have been kicked around by life. Stay strong man, and please keep us updated.

#20 HoarseWhisperer

HoarseWhisperer

Purple Belt

• Manager
  • 562 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:22 AM

I keep writing smthg here and then deleting it. Perhaps there isnt any words for this. All I can say is that I wish you all the best and finally some luck.

I did the same thing. Took me a while to land on the right response and I still feel like it wasn't enough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users