Yoel Romero vs Uriah Hall announced

I like Yoel in this although Hall is extremely skilled and dangerous but I am not convinced he has dealt with the issues inside his head, his mind lets him down badly. Yoel looks like he maybe starting to slide , but hard to tell as he did fight Costa and Izzy, the Costa fight he probably won (razor thin either way)

Easy win for Romero.

Hall is a special striker, but he is not on Romero his level yet and never will be.

Romero will run through Hall.

Mentally he doesn't appear to be in the same realm.

Honestly if Romero fought how he did in the last 10-20 seconds of the Izzy fight when he wigged out and went full aggro he's a scary dude, it looks like it would hurt to be in the way of that lol.

Mentally he doesn't appear to be in the same realm.

Honestly if Romero fought how he did in the last 10-20 seconds of the Izzy fight when he wigged out and went full aggro he's a scary dude, it looks like it would hurt to be in the way of that lol.

No matter what mood/vibe Romero is in, he should win this one easily.

I would not go as far as to call it a mismatch, but these two are not the same level.

Easy win for Romero.

Hall is a special striker, but he is not on Romero his level yet and never will be.

Romero will run through Hall.

Romero will run FROM Hall, explonding from time to time.

There, fixed

Yoel should have this, assuming he is half active enough to put Hall away. If it goes to the judges, we all know Yoel never wins those. Yoel is one of my favorite fighters for sure, however he can have a fight which is an all time classic and at the same time have a total dud. Imagine if he had a great gas tank, enough to use his wrestling more often and enough to not burn out? He would be unbeatable. I think that when it comes to chin, KO power and strength he is up there with all time greats.

43 doesn't count for Romero. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but I'm 100% sure, even if mildly, that Cuba did some CRISPR-like experiments on Romero with or without his knowledge. Considering CRISPR is just an injection it's highly probable they did and he would never know. He was one of their Olympic spartan trained wrestlers after all. Even doctors have marveled over him...

As such:

“‘No, no, no. I’ve never seen a human being like this,'” Rogan says the doctor revealed. “‘This is the most unusual human being I’ve ever seen in my 40 years of practicing medicine.'”

Rogan said, “[The doctor] said [Romero’s] tendons in his eyes are four times larger than a normal person’s. He goes, ‘His physical structure is different than any human being I’ve ever seen in my life.""

-

Sounds like some pre-CRISPR experiments to me.

Also this will be nothing like the Izzy fight. Izzy fought smart and gave Romero no openings which is why Romero barely did much... The way Romero fights now is he will wait for you to attack then explode on you and periodically exploding when his opponent leaves an opening. Because of this and his amazing reflexes and explosion, the only way to tire Romero out his go through hell like Costa and Whittaker did. Hall is amazing but he leaves too many openings and isn't going to be disciplined enough to pick his shots with Yoel. He isn't durable enough to take the shots Bobby K and Eraser did and I don't see him patiently sticking to outside and picking him apart. If he does try that... I predict Romero by KO in round 2 when he slips up. If Hall doesn't fight conservative then he gets KOd in round 1.

This is all assuming there is no drop off at all for Romero and he fights with a little more urgency.

• 2 weeks later...