The Olympics

ArtieBanks

As previously discussed the Olympics will now be held to try and coincide with the OTY awards. This year we have seen some top tier orgs merge with top orgs leaving a gap in the market for new orgs to rise in their place. After much discussion with various managers around the tycoon community we have decided to offer three ID orgs a chance to compete at the Olympics this year. All three ID orgs are on the verge of ditching their ID restrictions or already have and between them have the best prospects the game has to offer. This also gives these ID orgs a chance to run PPV's which will increase the competition and increase their funds dramatically.

The orgs involved shall be

Claymore Elite Combat

Evolution

Insanity

Montreal Fight Night

Synchronicity

Troid

Team Thomas Fight Club

Ultimate Proving Grounds

As before every org will host one division which will be selected at random to ensure that each org has a fair shot at getting one of the more desirable divisions. Each org will send one fighter from each weight class 135-265+. Orgs may outsource a fighter from another org if they do not have a fighter who meets the right weight/p4p restriction. All fighters entered must be in the top 1000 p4p and must have at least one fight inside the org they are fighting in (unless an outsourced fighter).

The weight restrictions are as follows (PLEASE READ THIS)

135 = 135 pounds or above.

145 = 145 pounds or above.

155 = 155 pounds or above.

170 = 170 pounds or above.

185 = 185 pounds or above.

205 = 205 pounds or above.

265 = 230 pounds or above.

265+ = 250 pounds or above.

No fighter under these weight limits will be allowed to compete under any circumstances. Fighters may go on weight gain or weight loss in order to make weight, however the weight must be made prior to the first fight taking place, if weight is not made then the fighter shall be disqualified and the opponent will go through to the next round.

The points system is as follows

Gold = 4

Silver = 3

Bronze = 2

4th = 1

5-8th = 0

The prize fund is as follows

1st = 500K

2nd = 350k

3rd = 150k

4-8 = 0

The host org is responsible to pay the fighters this prize money. The contracts for the tournament are 15k-15k.

We are shooting for a start date on either the 16th or 23rd of November. Orgs should try to get there team lists in by the end of October.

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 1

Question about fighters here:

Example, say i have a fighter (Bantamweight Fighter) who fights for UPG and he enters for UPG.

But in MFN i have also have (Lightweight Fighter) who also qualifies and i get asked. Will i be allowed to enter 1 in each org? Or do i have to choose one?

These are just a hypothetical, i havent been in Olympics before and don't know i this has come up. Just askin in case it comes up...

Keep in mind, i am asking as a FIGHTER point of view, if i just happen to have 2 guys in different orgs that qualify in different weight classes.

Am i making sense?

Question about fighters here:

Example, say i have a fighter (Bantamweight Fighter) who fights for UPG and he enters for UPG.

But in MFN i have also have (Lightweight Fighter) who also qualifies and i get asked. Will i be allowed to enter 1 in each org? Or do i have to choose one?

These are just a hypothetical, i havent been in Olympics before and don't know i this has come up. Just askin in case it comes up...,

Keep in mind, i am asking as a FIGHTER point of view, if i just happen to have 2 guys in different orgs that qualify in different weight classes.

Am i making sense?

Yeah you make sense.

You cannot have two fighters in the same division, this is so you don't end up fighting your own guy. You can however have multiple fighters representing different divisions in multiple orgs. For example if Andrei Kersikov went and repped MFN's 265+ division, Colin Croft could also rep Evo's 205 division since there not in the same divisions but they will rep different orgs.

Hope that brings some clarity to the situation for you.

• Upvote 1

Looks like I have one fighter who'll be available to fight in this years Olympics: "Dangerous" Daniel O'Sullivan (16-7-1). He's already contracted to Troid and could potentially fight in either the LW or WW division.

The thing is, Troid's divisions are stacked, so it'd be tough for him to get picked but he's no stranger to fighting in big tournaments having fought at ITFL Season 3 going 4-1 in the team stage, before getting beat in the Individual finals and then beat again on one of the later ITFL cards.

Looking forward to seeing who's going to be picked :)

Why isn't GAMMA involved in the Olympics?

http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=43122?st=0

You can go through that thread there and see why.

The other part of that thread if you don't want to go through it was this conversation between me and Mentor.

"Next time we will let you try to organize a group of 8 org managers, most of which you have never worked with before, come up with totally new setup/format which fits the nature of an Org vs Org league and think of a ranking/points system which will be agreed upon by everyone and easy to keep record of." - Mentor

"As far as the challenge to make up the rules and get the orgs to combine their resources and put on a kick ass tournament? Challenge accepted i'll run the next Olympics, change the dumb ass rules you made up for it including a point system which is overly complex. Just a heads up your ass ain't invited, Mike may not want to remove your ass from the game despite proof that you tried to enlist the help of other tycoon members to scam people, doesn't mean we need to put up with your bullshit. " Myself.

Since then we done a Winter Olympics to see how the new format and shit would work out and it done well with a very few minor incidents hence the reason certain parts of the rules have been highlighted. Now we have it in November time which is what i wanted to do last time, so it works in with the of the year awards. While the choosing of the orgs is done by a committee (basically myself doing a lot of research into which orgs could feasibly do it and how competitive it would be and discussing it with some of my confidantes). I contact the orgs in order to see if there is some interest in it, which was a resounding yes from all the orgs and from then on out i rely on competent org owners getting shit done in a timely manner.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You need to make a 257k 25+ Olympics some time :D.

Solid choice of orgs. Should be awesome. This will be the first major event in the game I'm actually around for the full way (missed things like ITFL at the start) so I'll finally watch the non-Island side of the game.

Davie done a sort of Junior Olympics before, i don't know if he will do it again or not.

i feel they should be a best or the rest or the rest of the world team for smaller orgs who cant fill a full team.I think smaller orgs should get to show off there talent also

This was the case for the Winter Olympics, this time around there were more than 8 orgs who could have fit the bill and I had to leave out a few orgs who I would have had no problems sending out an invite. The major problem is that there are 8 divisions and each org gets a division which means that every org is treated equally.

I would love to have guys like Renato etc compete but he recently left Syn, and I don't think would have been chosen for Syn despite the fact i'd bet on him being a finalist at least. Perhaps he might rep TTFC if he beats their champion, that is always a possibility.

I would love to have guys like Renato etc compete but he recently left Syn, and I don't think would have been chosen for Syn despite the fact i'd bet on him being a finalist at least. Perhaps he might rep TTFC if he beats their champion, that is always a possibility.

Renato is having just one fight at TTFC.

If... Renato would have stayed at SYN he would have probably that belt currently..

And last year he was top 205 fighter with SYN belt and still he wasnt selected.

If... Renato would have stayed at SYN he would have probably that belt currently..

It would still make you eligible to represent them at the Olympics and you will have destroyed their champion; so it wouldn't be like they had anyone better to sign. It was just in case you want to compete this year it was a possibility to get there.

You know my feelings towards Renato, i think he is the most gifted fighter at 205 since Jeremy Tonal.

I can't recall the exact reason, I might be off here but there was a reason why he didn't get selected. Not 100% but him having a fight close to the event and my wanting to have all fighters in place by the deadline meant I didn't want to gamble on him getting injured. Then if I remember correctly he saw some action with team Rest of the World?

Obviously with how the previous event went about I didn't want to leave it to chance. The biggest difference between the 2 events though is that the Winter Olympics wasn't run by some two faced crying bitch who selected when and with whom the rules apply to.