NBA 2017/2018 Season

Mentor

He signed for a hair more than KD and Steph makes more than he does. LA is still 38mil under GS's cap. The Cavs without Lebron have a higher cap currently than LA. Even Houston is 20mil under Golden State. The real issue is GS is the Yankees of the NBA

He still makes more than half the league. You can get better players if he take a 10 to 15 mil pay cut. He makes most his money from other sources.

I hear that, but the real problem is teams having 4-5 all stars on their starting lineups. Majority of the league cant compete, when i grew up players wanted to beat each other.

This is a case of the villain making that offer to the superhero where its like "we can join together and take over the world" just all of the superheroes in today's game are like "okay sure"

I hear that, but the real problem is teams having 4-5 all stars on their starting lineups. Majority of the league cant compete, when i grew up players wanted to beat each other.

This is a case of the villain making that offer to the superhero where its like "we can join together and take over the world" just all of the superheroes in today's game are like "okay sure"

Yeah now that i think about it. I wouldn't take a dime less than they are willing to give. Sports is a form of slavery at least nfl and nba. Thats why you have to get as much as you can and build your brand.

That's the dumbest thing I've read in a while. Thanks.

Just think about the nfl. Two good players are not on teams because they were the first to take a knee and players in the league that did way worse. Not as bad since they are getting paid millions of dollars. Thats why i respect the nba for wanting they're players to go to school longer so at least they can have a little bit more education not just basketball knowledge.

Just think about the nfl. Two good players are not on teams because they were the first to take a knee and players in the league that did way worse. Not as bad since they are getting paid millions of dollars. Thats why i respect the nba for wanting they're players to go to school longer so at least they can have a little bit more education not just basketball knowledge.

None of this has anything to do with slavery or even remotely compares to any aspect of slavery. There are still millions of people in this world who are presently enslaved, comparing well compensated athletes who voluntarily pursue a career to them is ignorant.

Good news for Scooby and I. The Tragic and Isiah Thomas are looking like they are going to come to an agreement. IT on a one-year prove it deal is pretty much all upside for Orlando. If he's healthy, the Magic finally have a legit scorer who can take some pressure off their very athletic but marginally skilled young players. If IT can regain his Celtics form, they can make the playoffs and get swept. Or IT can be traded at the deadline for more young talent. If he's not healthy, then he's gone at the end of the year and they get a better pick to get another raw athletic guy who cant shoot.

I liked the Curry-led warriors vs the world back then. But now? Fuck GSW. This franchise ruined the NBA. For the next N years I'll be rooting for another team to beat them. Not really sure of LA-bron have a shot this year. Let's see how the deals go. I'm confident that Leonard will come to LA sooner or later.

• Upvote 1

Shit we actually have defenders to help him out, Gordon, Bamba, Isaacs could actually be a nice lineup 2 years from now. With that being said, i still have no interest in watching the NBA this year because of the Boogie ordeal

Gordon, Bamba and Isaacs are the kind of guys that you'd like to have one (just one) of them on a team full of versatile good shooting players. Can't shoot, can't pass, arent real good team defenders but are long and athletic and can man up pretty well. Having three of them on the same team is a recipe for futility in the modern NBA.

I honestly cant stand Gordon, but il deal... Until we get right, i hope Boston gives GS some trouble. I dont even really have high hopes at this point for the magic teambuilding because in the end, it doesnt matter. by the time they can compete, all of our veterans will team up on some random ass team so they can play a 5th of their current role to ride their way to a ring

I liked the Curry-led warriors vs the world back then. But now? Fuck GSW. This franchise ruined the NBA. For the next N years I'll be rooting for another team to beat them. Not really sure of LA-bron have a shot this year. Let's see how the deals go. I'm confident that Leonard will come to LA sooner or later.

I wouldn't say I liked them but I respected them and enjoyed watching them play. That team built something great and could have gone down as one of the most memorable teams of all time but now they'll just be the most hated team of all time and the only sports team to actually break its league. Ever since Draymond called and begged KD to join them I just can't stomach watching them or basketball in general. Those 2016 playoffs were fantastic and I truly believe they would have gotten even better but now the greatest team of all time just got the best Center in the game and it's basically just Team USA now. I don't even understand how this happened, even in 2k I don't think it's possible to get 4 all stars on one team let alone 5.

My Suns drafted Deandre Ayton and while he'll be a good player I'm not so sure I would have taken him. If anything I would have traded down to the 3 spot like boston did last year for an extra pick and gotten Bagley or Bomba. Those 2 will be the best of this class imo but tbh I'm not so high on any of the players in this draft. Porter has the highest upside but that back injury has me worried.

Frankly, i think the move to sign Boogie does not make sense for anyone. I know everyone is saying there is no point to watch the games etc, but i think this was a bad move for GS and for him personally. It is bad for the GS because they wont have their starting center until after the all star break and even then he wont be totally fit until the playoffs, so that means more strain on their roster. Sure he is much better than McGee, but in today's NBA, you need a center like him (the prototype is probably Capella) , in other words a mobile big you can switch well enough, protect the paint, get rebounds and finish with efficiency. I think Cousin's demands the ball way too much, can slow down their pace, can be a bit of an isolation type and with him going out to "prove" he is worth a contract, he basically will over play the ball even more. Although he did prove to be more of a team player than people gave him credit for in NO, he is not your typical GS material by any means. I think the offer he got from NO made much more sense for him because this year is a recovery year, they are essentially paying him 40m for next year (it was a 2 year deal). That offer made the most sense from a financial point of view, plus he would get way more playing time in that lineup as he was the established co-star, in GS he will probably be the 3 or even 4th option, i am not sure this will help his value at all. I think he did this move to piss everyone off because he did not get a really good offer from anyone.

As for Lebron, after George pulled out i must say i was surprised he would sign with the Lakers but once again Lebron showed us once again that he does not depend on others to do what he wants to do. It also showed that he trusts the ownership that they will do what is necessary to pull things off. I like the FA's they signed, we clearly lack shooting but i like the depth and toughness, combined with youth we already have. If i was the Lakers i would risk not going all in for Leonard, take the risk that failed with George and try to get him via FA next year. If we fail on him we can try to get Klay. If i was the Lakers i would try to get someone else using the kids as assets, the only ones that really make any real sense is someone like Giannis or AD, some rumors are going around about Damian, that is an outside option as well, but i am not too high on that idea because his defense is average and he is undersized.

Looks like the Tragic have backed off of signing Isiah Thomas. Not too shocking, as almost every decision they have made since Van Gundy's Finals appearance has been questionable at best. If they cant see how having an actual NBA level PG will help develop their reductive "core" of athletic but unskilled bigs, then there is pretty much no hope left in Orlando.

I hate that I'm a fan of this team.

God, there is rumors we (the Lakers) could try to sign Melo and he "wont come off the bench". I have no idea how he can fit in our system if he wants to start, he is a ball hog, slows the pace, he is inefficient, over paid, cannot defend, old and out of shape. I do not understand why we would want to sign him.

Lebron acually left the cavs in good shape. Colin sexton could be a good player right away and they do have young pieces like clarkson, nance jr, osman and zizic. If they run a pick and roll system like they did in minnosota featuring love they could be a playoff team. They can even trade love for a future first.

Leonard traded for DeRosan, i bet Leonard will be out within a year.

I understand trading for the guy and thinking maybe they can change his mind the way okc did with PG but under no circumstances should they have traded DeRozan. The Spurs pulled off a robbery imo. They got way more than I thought they were gonna get.

Some are saying that Toronto robbed the Spurs, but i do not see it totally that way. I think the trade was fair on both sides, clearly Leonard is the better player, but he is on a one year deal and apparently wants to join Lakers. Many compare this to OKC, but is it? OKC had the MVP when George joined, what does Toronto have? I highly doubt they will convince him to stay in Toronto. The Spurs got a legit all star in DeRosan, i see a problem with him being a mid range scorer (like Aldridge), so they will have spacing issues almost certainly. Frankly i think the Spurs were better offer agreeing with the Lakers, how i understand, they were willing to offer 2 of Kuzma, Ingram + Ball, plus the 2018 or 2019 first rounder. That is a pretty good deal i feel. Either way, they did what they did, time will tell if it was the right move.

Some are saying that Toronto robbed the Spurs, but i do not see it totally that way. I think the trade was fair on both sides, clearly Leonard is the better player, but he is on a one year deal and apparently wants to join Lakers. Many compare this to OKC, but is it? OKC had the MVP when George joined, what does Toronto have? I highly doubt they will convince him to stay in Toronto. The Spurs got a legit all star in DeRosan, i see a problem with him being a mid range scorer (like Aldridge), so they will have spacing issues almost certainly. Frankly i think the Spurs were better offer agreeing with the Lakers, how i understand, they were willing to offer 2 of Kuzma, Ingram + Ball, plus the 2018 or 2019 first rounder. That is a pretty good deal i feel. Either way, they did what they did, time will tell if it was the right move.

The spurs got off great imo. The spacing will be an issue but if they can help DeRozan with his 3pt shot and I'm sure they could it would solve a lot of issues. And I would rather take a star caliber player like DeRozan instead of what the Lakers were offering. I'm guessing with Pop nearing retirement they want to compete and getting DeRozan helps them compete where as Kuzma, Ingram/Ball and a pick doesn't really help them much. They still need more but this goes a long way to filling that hole Kawhi left.