IQ tests.

Started playing the game again recently.

Glad to see some of the names i recognise are still here and of course welcome' to the new generation of hopefuls.

One thing that i have been really interested in since joining again, is IQ tests.

Particularly why it is so damn hard to receive one, when in real life, it is rather easy to pay for testing of your supposed "intellectual quota" via rudementry methods.

Is a high IQ really that much a factor enough to conceal it to fantasy levels?

Started playing the game again recently.

Glad to see some of the names i recognise are still here and of course welcome' to the new generation of hopefuls.

One thing that i have been really interested in since joining again, is IQ tests.

Particularly why it is so damn hard to receive one, when in real life, it is rather easy to pay for testing of your supposed "intellectual quota" via rudementry methods.

Is a high IQ really that much a factor enough to conceal it to fantasy levels?

Huge bonus to have high IQ but it's the easiest hidden to work around.

IRL if you're in a gym or watch a guy train/spar long enough, determining KO power is pretty easy too... same with chin. Would be cool if sparring sessions had like a 5% chance to reveal hiddens with messages depending on who was going at it - or there was an award in spin & win that would allow you to use it on a sparring session class and reveal random messages. or just put the gym ID and randomly receive messages about fighters currently in that gym.

"Fighter X knocked down Fighter Z in a sparring session today. Fighter Z was loopy for a while and had to take a break before getting back in there."

^^^ Could be testament to Fighter X knockout power or Fighter Z lack of chin.

"Fighter A took some really good shots in training today but never gave up. He really pushed himself to the limit all day."

^^^ big heart

"Fighter Z was grappling today and shot for a takedown but faceplanted the mat and missed his td attempt by a long shot. He laughed it off but that had to be a bit embarrassing."

^^^ low IQ

"Fighter X was feeling himself in todays sparring session. He was talking a big game all practice."

^^^ confidence

"Fighter A left practice early when he sensed the pizza delivery guy"

^^^ likes pizza

"Fighter B spent a lot of time in between sessions on his phone. He was smiling and googly eyed, possibly sexting a special somebody."

^^^ good in bed

"Fighter E was giving pointers and sharing tips with some of the guys today and they really listened to his advice"

^^^ experienced

etc. lots of creative flavor to be added.

• Upvote 13

Really good ideas Chris.

I suspected IQ was a big factor, which would essentially kill the game if people could just scout high IQ and appropriate hiddens, thus never really have to worry about sliders to an extent.

There definitely should be a limit and randomness to the IQ tests, but it just seems really lacking after all these years.

I think i have received 4-5 iq tests over my time, one coming within the last week.

Thus 250+ of my fights, i was forced to set follow my orders and never got to see the potential of my fighters experience/IQ due to fear of the potentially catastrophic consequences lol.

Edit: To add, i had always thought that a lower IQ fighter would be more inclined to ignore his coaches orders, a normal IQ fighter would mostly listen and a smart fighter would deviate where appropriate all taking confidence into consideration.

• 2 years later...

IRL if you're in a gym or watch a guy train/spar long enough, determining KO power is pretty easy too... same with chin. Would be cool if sparring sessions had like a 5% chance to reveal hiddens with messages depending on who was going at it - or there was an award in spin & win that would allow you to use it on a sparring session class and reveal random messages. or just put the gym ID and randomly receive messages about fighters currently in that gym.

"Fighter X knocked down Fighter Z in a sparring session today. Fighter Z was loopy for a while and had to take a break before getting back in there."

"Fighter A took some really good shots in training today but never gave up. He really pushed himself to the limit all day."

^^^ big heart

"Fighter Z was grappling today and shot for a takedown but faceplanted the mat and missed his td attempt by a long shot. He laughed it off but that had to be a bit embarrassing."

^^^ low IQ

"Fighter X was feeling himself in todays sparring session. He was talking a big game all practice."

^^^ confidence

^^^ likes pizza

"Fighter B spent a lot of time in between sessions on his phone. He was smiling and googly eyed, possibly sexting a special somebody."

^^^ good in bed

"Fighter E was giving pointers and sharing tips with some of the guys today and they really listened to his advice"

^^^ experienced

This is old, but a badass idea. Consider this a bump in hopes that Mike will consider something like this in the future.

• Upvote 4

^^^ big heart

^^^ low IQ

^^^ confidence

^^^ likes pizza

^^^ good in bed

^^^ experienced

This will help out a lot especially for the higher odds of figuring out the intelligence of a project fighter.