Official UFC Camp League 2018

MasterLeader

I think "% of wins by finish" is pretty dumb actually. One of the guys who drafts a team and never plays again could win it. I like net finishes way more if we are hell bent on adding another category, but I dont think its necessary and I'd leave it like it was.

That's irrelevant - if a guy manages one win then he'll lose camp value, do badly in funds ranking and lose record ranking, thus finishing near the bottom.

A manager could end up with 20 wins, 12 of which are by finish and do well under "net finishes" despite only 60% wins being by finish, hence my original suggestion.

You're just nit picking now.

That's irrelevant - if a guy manages one win then he'll lose camp value, do badly in funds ranking and lose record ranking, thus finishing near the bottom.

A manager could end up with 20 wins, 12 of which are by finish and do well under "net finishes" despite only 60% wins being by finish, hence my original suggestion.

You're just nit picking now.

Of course they'll finish at the bottom of nearly every category if they never add another fighter, but that only reinforces how dumb your % idea is. Someone who never adds a fighter after the draft has a shot at winning that category. That same manager could never win the net finishes category.

Right guys doesnt look like anyone else is signing up. Im going to firm the rules in a minute.

For those of you who are keen to watch the draft order draw live, I have added a poll for potential draw times to maximise potential audience.

Poll randomly deleted itself.

Im thinking well do the draw on the evening of New Years Day given people wont be at work and likely to be rolling around at home. 21:30 GMT (13:30 PT) okay for everyone?

Right guys doesnt look like anyone else is signing up. Im going to firm the rules in a minute.

For those of you who are keen to watch the draft order draw live, I have added a poll for potential draw times to maximise potential audience.

Poll randomly deleted itself.

Im thinking well do the draw on the evening of New Years Day given people wont be at work and likely to be rolling around at home. 21:30 GMT (13:30 PT) okay for everyone?

Great ..... can't wait for the new league to start

btw, u got my mail right ?

Great ..... can't wait for the new league to start

btw, u got my mail right ?

Got your email mate - arrangements sound reasonable

2 days until the draw!

For those that cant view the live stream, it will be made available for 24h following the broadcast :)

Any advice on how I should run the draw? Was thinking lay out every name on a piece of paper on a table, then fold them all individually shuffle them, put them in a bowl, mix the bowl up and pick names from 1 bowl and numbers (1-14) from the other bowl

Finishing top of a category doesnt matter if you finish bottom of the others.

Did you ignore the downside of net finishes as I mentioned in my previous post?

Are you just arguing for the sake of arguing?

I cant even decipher what your downside of net finishes argument is. I appreciate you running the league because rory doesnt have the time to do it anymore, but I dont think you even understand how things will change with what you want to do. The scoring system we used previously was fine, I dont know why you are hell bent on screwing it up. Just run it however you want and we'll hope you dont fuck it up too much.

I cant even decipher what your downside of net finishes argument is. I appreciate you running the league because rory doesnt have the time to do it anymore, but I dont think you even understand how things will change with what you want to do. The scoring system we used previously was fine, I dont know why you are hell bent on screwing it up. Just run it however you want and we'll hope you dont fuck it up too much.

I’ve literally added one major change on the back of demand from other participants and consulted everyone to agree on a solution, kept things simple because there was nothing majorly wrong with how things were run last year just a few tweaks here and there.

I’ve also agreed roles with Fallen Angel to ensure this is run properly and put procedures in place to make the draw fair.

What’s your problem? What more do you want from me?

I’ve literally added one major change on the back of demand from other participants and consulted everyone to agree on a solution, kept things simple because there was nothing majorly wrong with how things were run last year just a few tweaks here and there.

I’ve also agreed roles with Fallen Angel to ensure this is run properly and put procedures in place to make the draw fair.

What’s your problem? What more do you want from me?

How about you not try to run this like a dictatorship. % finishes is ridiculous and the only ones into it is you and fallenangel.

I think this is good, it is a middle ground for those in favor and not in favor. Let's just make this the final change to the game. The way it was set up before is good - no need to change too much.

I completely agree with you and the net finishes is a great idea/solution. Let's keep the funds stat and add the net finishes that seems like the best way to go.

net finishes is a good idea ...

Thats 4-2 in favor of net over %. Stop pretending you have some consensus to do as you like.

• Upvote 2

Let's not start any drama, although I must agree with JLP with his point. Really appreciate you running this thing this year MasterL and I like how into it you are! But I must admit you have shot down a couple of ideas from JLP (came 2nd and now 1st in 2 seasons) and myself who brought this game to this forum. I couldn't understand the problem with net finishes either and it has been agreed by a majority as JLP showed.

Let's just take it easy and go with net finishes as an additional scoring criteria and leave it at that - if it proves to be a bad idea somehow then we can scrap it next season I guess.

Lookin forward to the draft...

Alright I dont care either way, well go with net finishes then.

And JLP - Everyone ignored my point about % wins so no one apart from you argued against it and in fact I figured people were arguing absolute (total) versus relative (net OR %), given the difference between relative options is insignificant.

I didnt shoot down JLPs ideas, only 5 changes have been made and 1 of which is his point about dropping fighters on the back of losses which Ive implemented. 2 were made by Rozza during the year which Ive affirmed this year.

Ive involved the people in every decision.

I also suggested about 7 things in one post and only introduced the sharing win bonus for draws given that was positively acknowledged, so again hardly a dictatorship.

I dont have to run this, I just did it because no one else put their name out there and Ive got a busy life so figured Id share the responsibility with 1 or 2 others. No reason the community cant run the league.

Apologies the draw is not until 21:30 GMT (13:30 PT).

Recorded a live video for 5 mins then realised that we agreed on 21:30 and not 17:30 so i'll keep the arrangements as they are and do the draw at 21:30 like originally planned.

Feel free to watch the video I just recorded although it's pretty dull (also i'm rubbish on camera) because I just introduce everything, then wait 5 mins and realise the planned time was 21:30 and end the stream. This video will be deleted in 4 hours just before the official draw.

So 4 hours until the draw!

Sorry about the confusion.

EDIT:

Just accidentally followed my friend so to save myself the embarassment of him potentially sharing the video i've made the profile private. Please follow the profile (MasterLeaderMMAT) if you want to see it (evidence i haven't fixed anything).

In terms of the official draw, i'm thinking it may be a good idea to draw the numbers using www.random.org but on a live stream, while the participants can be drawn one at a time from a bowl. I would then film my computer screen then there's no room for manipulation and it's a very fair draw given it will be a live stream also.

The new username where the official draw will come from = ML_MMA_Tycoon

Okay starting now

Search ML_MMA_Tycoon on instagram, click on my avatar of a midget strongman & you should get the live stream :)

UPDATE:

Draw is now complete, went pretty smoothly, no one was online for the duration of the LIVE draw, however it is being uploaded as we speak to Instagram and will be available for 24 hours.

For those that cant be bothered to watch it (its pretty long but tried to keep things semi-lively), here is the selection order:

1) RozzaD (lucky bugger)

2) NorthernNinjas

3) Fallen Angel

4) 1rstSaint

5) MasterLeader

6) Timqwe

7) Rei

8) Gonzasco

9) Humble

10) Aylib

11) Jacman

12) JLP

13) LeonStolz

14) TheyCallMeNeon

15) TheyCallMeNeon

16) LeonStolz

17) JLP

18) Jacman

19) Aylib

20) Humble

21) Gonzasco

22) Rei

23) Timqwe

24) Master Leader

25) 1rstSaint

26) Fallen Angel

27) NorthernNinjas

28) RozzaD

29) RozzaD

Etc......

Bet me and rei gonna frustrate eachoter by taking the others favourite pick just before

Exciting times - were you guys after each other last year?

Just a reminder - 8 hour time limit per selection, please send your next two picks to myself before going to sleep to speed up the process otherwise the draw will continue without you (post 8 hour limit) and you will make your selection upon your return.