Ascension's OFFICIAL SMACK TALK PAGE

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1360138617asclogo2h.png

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/thumbnail/1360138617ascmini2.png

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company_banners/1360138617ascbanner2.png

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/belt/20130727154002new-asc-beltb2.png

Want a title shot? Got a bit of bad blood? Want to talk up your fighter?

This is the home for all the big mouths that want to write the cheques that there fighters are going to cash!!!!!

Get stuck in NO HOLDS BARRED!!!!.

Paul Luvi: Since my last potential opponent declined to fight me, I need an opponent. Who needs a fight at 145? I will fight anybody in my weight class, in any city, at any time.

Here is a recent conversation between Harry Sugar, AKA Threat, and current #2 P4P fighter, Vanilla Ice Cold:

How are you feeling before tomorrow's fight, Vanilla?

A bit of mixed emotions, and I'll tell you in more detail in a bit.

What can you say about your opponent?

The guy comes from a good camp and has been fighting quality opposition. He seems to be a well rounded guy that is able to adapt his gameplan accordingly, and that is a tough matchup.

This fight may bring you to the #1 P4P spot again! What are your plans if you will become the #1 P4P fighter?

If I regain the #1 spot, I will fight the best opponent available; right now my sights are on this fight, but we can discuss more later, depending on the outcome.

You have already held two titles of different divisions back in CCF, what do you think of having this opportunity here in Ascension?

I'd love it. I think I only recently began to generate interest, and as such, capturing two belts within an elite organization would solidify my position as a top fighter.

What weaknesses do you feel Andrzej has? How are you going to expose them?

I don't think he has any weaknesses. Well, aside from facing me; I'm everyone's weakness.

What do you think about Gajewski's recent win against Moe Lester?

Moe Lester is a tough dude, from a tough camp. My stable-mate, KZ fought both, and by watching the fights I can tell you that anytime you face either you have to pretty much bring your A-game. Obviously it was a huge win and Andrzej fought smartly, kudos to him.

Which weight class do you prefer more - Bantamweight or Featherweight?

I don't have a preference.

Any last words?

As alluded to earlier--myself, and my teammates are likely heading towards retirement once contractual obligations are fulfilled, as Aylib has been meeting with us and discussing properties in the Bahamas. With that said, I have one fight remaining on my contract, and depending on the outcome of this fight, my last one will be up for discussion in the next several hours.

An interview between Harry Sugar and the Ascension's Rising Star and the Current Welterweight Champion - Gary Player!!!!

Q.) How does it feel to be the Ascension's World Welterweight Champion?
A.) It's a great feeling. It as a long time coming ever since my failed attempt against Matt Murdock when we fought late last year during the Christmas event when we had to unify the UPG and ASC Middleweight titles.

Q.)After signing with Ascension, you had a pretty bad start coming out with 3 losses in a row. What made you get over that and get the win streak going?
A.) Honestly, I don't know how I got over that. I guess I just went business as usual after the losses, I mean I did drop down from MW to WW since I did feel like WW was my more natural weight class. But even then, the mindset didn't change much. I labelled myself as an Underachiever though since I was letting down myself and my fans for such poor performances in Ascension. But I stayed the course so to speak and here's where we are now.

Q.) How do you feel after revenging Ricardo Gracie for your fourth loss in Ascension?
A.) The revenge was a well deserved feeling. He was badly hurt at least a few times during that rematch and I'm a bit disappointed I couldn't finish him, tough guy nonetheless, I wouldn't be surprised if we have a trilogy for the belt in the near future.

Q.) What are your thoughts about you beating Johnny Fantastic in a superfight by a highlight reel Head Kick KO?
A.) Not the first time I'd do my "double-tap" head-kick KO win. Practically nobody expect it, and I don't like to use it much myself since it's hard to do, it's more luck than anything. I've attempted replicating this in sparring - it never works. But I did it to former #2 P4P fighter Kostas Charalabous who was the former UPG MW champion and multi time Syn MW champion before I took his title of course. Fantastic was a really strong stand-up guy, but I never been finished yet. I wanted to make a statement that I can finish powerful stand-up guys like him and I'm no counter takedown scrub. I mean I do use CTD, but I intend to pound people out with my GNP when I do.

Q.) Coming off big wins against Ricardo Gracie and Johnny Fantastic, who do you think is next for you?
A.) I'll basically take on just about anyone in the WW division. I mean I already got a title in one of the biggest and best orgs out there, I took a superfight against a champion in his own backyard. I want to establish myself as the best Welterweight on the planet. So bring them on.

Q.) Anything else you'd want to say?
A.) I'm not gonna pull an Oompa Loompa and say 2014 is my year. In all honesty, 2013 I did amazingly well and I almost went undefeated that year except for the loss to Murdock. But I hope to make this year even better. Thanks to all my fans, supporters, and sponsors.

An interview between Harry Sugar and the Reigning Ascension's Middleweight Champion of the World - Neno Pejovsky!!!

Q.) How do you feel after your last win against Matt Murdock and gaining the Ascension World Middleweight Title?
A.) Absolutely ecstatic. Murdock has been one of the most consistent and best performing MW fighters for so long, he is a legend in my mind. Tough as nails, well rounded in all areas. Defeating him seemed impossible, but I did have Gary Player help me by giving me advice since he fought Murdock in the past despite losing to him.

Q.) How are you feeling with your new manager, is he better than the last one?
A.) Ital was an amazing manager and thanks to him, I really got quite far in my career. But things changed and finding myself with Cozad, things were different. I don't really want to go too much into it. But we underwent an understanding and my overall training regimen changed - for the better I would like to think.

Q.) You are now on a three fight win streak, who do you think is next for you?
A.) Right now, just train and stay in shape. I can get the call at any time that someone will be challenging me for this belt. I wouldn't be surprised if Lance and Matt changed their minds and go for an immediate rematch. Murdock deserves it for his reign as ASC's MW champion for so long.

Q.) When have you made a decision to drop some weight and start fighting at 185 instead of 205?
A.) It was shortly after the Els fight, seeing as during that time I just lost to Ernie Els and joined James Cozad's stable. Cozad had 3 LHW fighters all fighting in Ascension's 205lb division. Jason Sturd Sr who was planning within the following months. Ernie wanted to stay at 205, and obviously me who was also at 205. To prevent further conflict of interests, I went to 185 since I felt I could make the cut better than Ernie. I also realized I moved slower than Ernie during our fight, he's a reasonably sized LHW, but he moves quick. Me going to 185 would probably increase my speed a bit.

Q.) Do you think you have the potential to clear the Ascension's middleweight division?
A.) In all honesty? I don't know. I'd like to think I can. But it will be a hard task. I can lose this belt in the next fight I get for all I know. Even less likely is the chance for me dominating the division like Murdock did.

Q.) What is your favorite striking technique? Why?
A.) Totally not a fair question haha. I'll cop out and say all of them. At least for standard punches and kicks. I like to throw whatever I can as I do think I have a good striking game.

Q.) Are you interested in having any superfights between other Ascension's champions?
A.) If you're thinking of having me fight Gary Player? Not happening. But if it's to fight the LHW champion, I may consider it, only if Ernie Els isn't the champion at that time. I got my ass kicked by him once already, and that was enough. Don't think I'd want to go through that again. Ernie's been doing good so far, he got over his slump and he may be next in line for the title shot or 1 win away in my opinion.

Q.) Any other thoughts?
A.) Thanks for the interview. I do want to thank my fans and sponsors. But I'd like to give a shout out to Matt Murdock. I always respected the guy even when I was a LHW and if he ever wants a rematch, I'm game.

Bam Jackass (89691)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14098545174574.png

MMA RECORD - 25-11-1

ASCENSION RECORD 2-0-0

P4P RANKING 851

Im taking over the ASCENSION Featherweight division. Next up is Austin Williams. That little sweaty ball bag is getting owned in the cage then i want you Vevrin Betlach. Stepping stones to the title it know begins.

Jackass over and out!!!

Giuseppe Maldini

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13947262519958.jpg

MMA RECORD 13-8-1

ASCENSION RECORD 0-0-0

P4P RANKING 1570

Coming for the belt move over Arvydas Sabonis its my time. First of it some bum named Oleg Karev. Your not good enough to make it in the biggest org in the world and after i KO your Russian ass maybe you will realise that!!!

• 2 weeks later...

ASCENSION 80 REBOOT – LONDON WOMBLEY ARENA ATTENDANCE: 93,607

Hello ladies and gents, I hope all of you are well. We’re live in London and the Wombley Arena is shaking with anticipation! As usual, Ascension and Kaiser have worked diligently to bring you ten exciting, hard-hitting, and potentially bloody battles, and we know all of you love that, so without further ado, let’s get down to business!

FEATHERWEIGHT BATTLE: “ICE” VANILLA ICE COLD (32-6) of AXIS OF EVIL versus “THE UNFORGIVEN” KAUKO PARTIO (41-19-2) of the FINNFIGHTERS

What more can be said when the opening battle features two men who own a combine five championship belts! Two of the most hyped and popular fighters in all the land clash in the cage and this will be nothing short of one hell of war that will have the people salivating for more! Both warriors have been ranked the #1 Featherweight in Tycoon at various points in time so they obviously know how to get the job done!

Cold steps into battle on a nine fight win streak and has a major height advantage in this battle so look for him to keep it outside where he can use his longer jab, combined with speed and agility, to keep Partio at bay and away from his legs, where Partio will want to try and attack to bring Cold to the ground, where that height advantage is negated and in fact, may become a disadvantage because Partio will have an easier time manipulating Cold’s longer limbs. Partio’s seven fight win streak entering this battle gives an already confident fighter that much more confidence, so Cold will have a tough time no matter what occurs! Partio will want to unleash his painful and damaging ground-and-pound game to soften Cold but may look for the submission.

Prediction: I think the younger Cold will be able to keep this fight standing and frustrate Partio with his hand speed and boxing skills, preventing the takedown where Partio wants this fight to be. Cold by Unanimous Decision

WELTERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP BATTLE: “UNDERACHIEVER” GARY PLAYER (22-8) of the CONSORTIUM versus RICARDO “THE NEXT GENERATION” GRACIE (28-8-1) of the EVOLUTION FIGHT CLAN

What better way is there to follow an opening act that features two very accomplished fighters who hold five different belts between them? An outstanding Welterweight Championship Fight, that’s how! On July 23rd these two men stepped into the cage and in the end, it was Player who emerged victorious via Unanimous Decision.

Player recently had a four fight win streak snapped at the hands of Yang Tao so he’s looking to get back on the winning track against a man who he knows he can defeat.

Gracie has won his last two fights and looks to continue that momentum, plus avenge his loss to Player. In the mold of all Gracie’s, I believe he possesses the slightly better ground fighting skills and thus, I feel he’ll look to drag Player to the ground in an attempt to make him tap out after being pummeled by fists then locked into a painful submission.

Player, on the other hand, has shown his ability to turn the lights out on opponent’s with his powerful punches, so look for him to keep this fight on the outside where he’ll look to soften Gracie’s chin and body, making it more difficult for Gracie to take him to the ground. Player also has the ability to prevent the takedown and keep this fight in close quarters where he may have a clinch advantage.

Prediction: I think Player’s previous victory over Gracie comes into play here, along with his ability to keep this fight standing. Player by Unanimous Decision

MIDDLEWEIGHT BATTLE: “MR. SENSATIONAL” TACO BUENO (18-9) of THE CORPORATION versus “DAREDEVIL” MATT MURDOCK (39-8) of CONVICTED INC.

The older and far more experienced Murdock has tremendous skills all the way around, making him a difficult opponent for whomever steps into the cage against him. He has struggled recently though, losing his last two fights, so his level of aggression may be greater than normal as he looks to established himself early in the fight.

Bueno steps into this fight with a ten pound advantage and will look to take advantage of that by taking this fight to the ground. Being able to do that, however, will prove a difficult task against a warrior who has seen it all and done it all. Bueno definitely favors ground fighting and enjoys making opponents tap out, so look for this to be his approach in this fight as well. He may have to try and use counter tactics against the potentially very aggressive Murdock to have the best chance of taking Murdock to the ground.

Prediction: Obviously I’m never going to vote against a fellow member of Convicted Inc., plus Murdock has that cool outfit, so I’m going with Murdock by 3rd Round TKO

WELTERWEIGHT BATTLE: “BAD” BOY BUBBY (27-12-2) of TEAM CONQUER versus COOPER “KO FEDEX” ABREU (20-4) of THE CONSORTIUM

Triple B is more experienced despite being four years younger, and that activity level and fight experience will definitely help him in this battle, along with his excellent skills of course! Bubby typically likes to go for the finish on the ground but in this case, since he has such a major height advantage, he’ll probably alter his game plan and let his standup game speak for itself while keeping himself off the ground where the shorter Abreu could look to lock in a submission.

Abreu will have a difficult time taking this fight to the ground due to Triple B’s clinch game which will aid him in maintaining his balance. Abreu may opt to rely upon accuracy and counter-attacks to try and get this fight to the ground where I think he has his best chance of victory.

Prediction: Bubby’s fight experience and overall skill allows him to keep this fight on its feet while keeping Abreu off balance. Bubby by Unanimous Decision

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT BATTLE: ROLEN SPLIFFS (56-19-2) of TEAM CONQUER versus “ONE PUNCH” MICKEY O NEIL (36-13) of THE BROKEN HALO PRIDE

Each competitor has a great deal of fight experience they can rely upon, and both men are nearing the end of their great careers, so this is an opportunity to prove their relevance in the Light Heavyweight division! Spliffs has struggled recently and steps into battle on a two fight losing streak after having had won nine fights in a row. He obviously wants to halt this streak and get things turned around, so look for Spliffs to be more precise with his attacks.

O Neil, on the other hand, is on a three fight winning streak and has shown he still possesses the ability to finish fights standing or on the ground. Living up to his nickname, O Neil will look to end this fight as quickly as possible because he doesn’t want to give Spliffs any hope of him controlling this fight from start to finish. I expect O Neil to be very aggressive in testing Spliff’s chin and O Neil may even opt to lock Spliffs into a clinch to see if he can control the older warrior from there.

Prediction: O Neil’s ability to handle any style of fight, combined with Spliffs’ recent tough losses, causes me to go with O Neil in this one. O Neil by KO in the 3rd Round

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT BATTLE: “THE ALABAMA ALPHA MALE” BOBBY LEE DANIELS (26-9-1) of the FINNFIGHTERS versus ALMU TANTOR (27-9) of the FINNFIGHTERS

Amongst my favorite types of fights is when two members of the same alliance step into battle, and that’s what we have here! Between these two warriors, I fully expect some major fireworks, damage, blood and pain! Both fighters have shown the ability to drop their opponent with a vicious punch and both men are aggressive as well, so look for this to be hard hitting as soon as the bell rings.

Tantor’s height advantage, combined with his boxing ability and powerful punches, makes for a difficult night for Daniels. Tantor has proven himself dangerous on his feet so look for him to try and clinch with Daniels so he can soften up the shorter fighter before stepping back and trying to finish with a flurry of punches.

Daniels will definitely need to keep his head moving and tuck his chin to prevent being blasted by one of Tantor’s devastating punches. By doing this then moving in closely, he can nullify Tantor’s height advantage then work to take the taller man down to the mat where he’ll be able to utilize his wrestling skills to try and position himself for the finish by way of ground-and-pound.

Prediction: Tantor seems to be on a good roll and his boxing ability makes the difference in this battle. Tantor wins by KO in the 3rd Round

WELTERWEIGHT BATTLE: “THE HAWK” SVEN DUFVA (22-9) of THE EXILED versus STEN BILLER (47-37) of EVOLUTION FIGHT CLAN

Dufva steps into battle against a man who has had more fights than a year of Jerry Springer highlights! Dufva will rely on his boxing and Muay Thai skills to keep this fight on its feet and may even opt to try and lock Biller into a clinch where the older Swedish warrior may struggle against the younger Swede.

The wily veteran Biller will look to drag Dufva to the ground to test his ground game where Biller has made many a man tap out! Dufva will no doubt be aware of this so locking Biller in a clinch and leaning him against the ropes will help prevent the takedown and eat up some clock. Biller may try to patiently wait for an opportunity to take Dufva to the ground and then look for him to immediately turn on the aggression to try and finish the fight.

Prediction: I think Dufva manages to keep this fight on its feet to earn the victory. Dufva by Unanimous Decision

SUPER HEAVYWEIGHT BATTLE: GIUSEPPE MALDINI (13-8-1) of the COLD BLOODED KILLERS versus OLEG KAREV (34-15) of THE EVIL EMPIRE

Karev was on a good roll, winning five fights in a row, until he ran into Buster Grimes, who defeated Karev by TKO! Look for Karev to be very aggressive early and look for the knockout or TKO by way of ground-and-pound, which may prove far more effective against the taller and heavier Maldini!

Maldini knows he has the youth advantage and those nine years of difference may prove to be a major factor early in this fight. Maldini may opt to just go for it immediately and overwhelm Karev with energy and aggression, allowing his height advantage to take over the fight. Said height and weight advantage may allow him to test Karev’s chin and that may prove to be rather dangerous for Karev.

Prediction: Youth and aggression with this battle. Maldini by KO in the 2nd Round

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT BATTLE: HITMON LEE (30-16) of ACME – ST. PETERSBURG versus CARLOS “THE BUTCHER” BATISTUTA (15-7) of TEAM OUTKAST

Lee brings a height advantage as well as recent struggles into this battle, so he’ll look to turn his fortunes around. His last battle was a No Contest so he’s had time to analyze his previous fights and sharpen up the skills he felt needed to be addressed, so now he’ll have an opportunity to see how effective his strategy has been.

Batistuta, the younger Argentinian, will look to be aggressive because he has a lot of energy to expend and may try to rush Lee from the get go. Batistuta will look to take this fight to the ground as soon as possible to not only negate the height and weight advantage Lee possesses, but also look for the submission finish. He’ll be content to let this fight go the distance because he has had many Unanimous Decision battles as of late.

Prediction: I think Batistuta will be able to maintain a high level of aggression and energy in this battle that leads to victory. Batistuta by Unanimous Decision

HEAVYWEIGHT BATTLE: DIMENTIY “THE BOA CONSTRICTOR” BOYKIN (25-22) versus MALACHI HAGERT (14-10) of The LEGION OF PAIN

The concluding battle of the night occurs between two warriors who have enjoyed success at various points in time of their careers, but in general have not performed as well as they’ve wanted to. Boykin’s nickname is very appropriate as he has achieved the level of red belt in BJJ, which is definitely not easy to do, so look for Boykin to drag Hagers to the ground as fast as possible to lock him into a submission hold, or elect to ground-and-pound to test Hagert’s chin and defense.

Hagert will want to keep this fight on its feet, especially since he’s much lighter than Boykin, so look for him to stick-and-move as much as possible in an attempt to wear down the heavier opponent. Clinching may be an option but not until later in the battle because too early with this approach may lead to him being dragged down to the ground and in serious trouble.

Prediction: I think Boykin will be able to slow the pace of the battle against the younger Hagert and once he does, look for him to methodically move himself into a submission victory. Boykin by Submission in the 3rd Round

Okay cool kids, that’s the conclusion of this preview and I hope you enjoyed your time. This night of fights promises to be very exciting, impactful, and bloody, so do not miss it by any means! Ascension works diligently to bring you the best fights they possibly can and having a night like this where multiple champions battle one another is the type of hard-hitting action Ascension is proud to bring to all of you. Take care, be well, and I’ll see you at the fights!

Taco Bueno on hearing he is a huge underdog in his fight with Matt Murdock

"No great surprise, these days I am just here for the pay day, the real work is being a sparring partner for the young guys at the brotherhood gym New York. About as much chance of me winning this one as the Pope taking a shit on the moon before Sunday Service. Disappointed in the Templeton camp, piss farting around before finally accepting. Its a guaranteed W for the dude, quick losses mean regular pay days and fast returns to sparring.

Its my final fight win or lose, when a guy is handed an easy win then fuck you over delaying accepting it ain't worth travelling, so I am done with this shit after this fight. Can get beat locally.

I lose within a minute, them I head home."

ASCENSION 81 LOS ANGELES, CA LA MEMORIAL COLISEUM ATTENDANCE: 93,607

What’s happenin’ cool kids!? This is your man Furious Styles live on the scene in sunny and hot Los Angeles where the ninety degree-plus heat pales in comparison to the heat the battles on this card will bring to all of us! We’ll be in for a treat as twenty hungry and able warriors step into the cage of judgment to determine who the best fighter in Ascension is! So, without further ado…let’s get down to business!

FEATHERWEIGHT BATTLE: MR. AZURE (38-8) of THE CONSORTIUM versus “JOSEF FRITZL” MOE LESTER (43-20-2) of TEAM CONQUER

The man who favors the color blue versus the man with a name that causes people around the world to cringe at least a little kick off this explosive night of action, and what a way to start! Not only are these men nearly even in both age and experience, but each of them has earned a great deal of respect, money and have also worn championship titles around their waists. Physically each of these warriors matches the other quite closely, so this contest boils down to who can gain the positioning advantage early and maintain the pressure to force the other man to fight from behind on the score cards. Lester will look to keep this fight on its feet where he can utilize his superb boxing and Muay Thai striking with a lockup clinch attack. Azure, on the other hand, dons a red belt in BJJ, so look for him to want to bring Lester to the ground as quickly as possible to test his grappling defense, transition game and his overall ability to keep Azure from locking him up in a painful submission or beating on him with a punishing ground-and-pound attack.

Prediction: This is a very difficult fight to call so I’ll literally roll the dice and…heads it is. Azure by Unanimous Decision

LIGHTWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP BATTLE: GERARD “EL TORO” ESQUEDA (28-12-2) of the LEGION OF DOOM versus KARNAK “THE SHATTERER” MANDAZUR (35-8) of CONVICTED INC.

The Lightweight Champion faces a stiff test in the form of Mandazur, the man with the war paint and vengeance on his mind from his loss to Esqueda on September 7th. I expect nothing less than two tremendous warriors and champions to lay it all out on the line in this rubber match! For those who don’t know what rubber match means, it means that these men are battling one another again after just having a battle recently without having fought against anyone else in the meantime. Esqueda steps into this battle with a solid weight advantage plus a red belt in BJJ, so look for him to try and take this fight to the ground, either by force or by counter-takedown, and if and when he succeeds in doing so, the weight advantage will come in handy when positioning himself to better control Mandazur for ground-and-pound or submission attempts.

Esqueda has been involved in numerous decision battles so he’s accustomed to going the length. Mandazur prefers to finish quickly with his fists so the contrasting styles will definitely provide plenty of excitement and intrigue!

Prediction: Come on, I’ll never go against a Convicted Inc. alliance mate! Mandazur by KO in the 2nd Round

HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP BATTLE: JAMIE “THE WRECKING BALL” ANDERTON (29-10-1) of EVOLUTION FIGHT CLAN versus KONSTANTIN MAGOMEDOV (27-13) of CONVICTED INC.

The defending champion, Anderton, recently had a 4 fight win streak snapped at the hands of Ernesto Oliveira on August 31st, so Anderton wants to get back on the good foot plus prove that he hasn’t lost any grip of the Heavyweight title! Known for his devastating punches and brutal kicks, it’s impossible to bet against Anderton because at any point in time, he can put an opponent to sleep with the one shot knockout. Magomedov has his work cut out for him against the taller and heavier Anderton, and he also steps into battle with a recent loss against Kane Williams on August 10th. Though Magomedov likes to let his fists do his talking in the cage, he may opt to try and ground Anderton so he can utilize his BJJ skills to potentially submit the taller fighter.

Prediction: Obviously I’m never going to vote against a fellow member of Convicted Inc., so I’ll leave it at that. Magomedov by KO in the 3rd Round

MIDDLEWEIGHT BATTLE: TOPI TAKALA (31-11-1) of the FINNFIGHTERS versus “THE TOKYO STRANGLER” KATSURO SATO (34-18) of EVOLUTION FIGHT CLAN

Two veterans of the octagon step into battle for this quarrel and this will be very interesting because each fighter has been involved in numerous decision battles, so they have proven time and again they have the endurance to sustain a long, drawn-out battle. Don’t get it wrong, however, because each of them also possesses the ability to suddenly place their opponent into a very bad position and end the fight before you know it! Takala will have the height advantage against Sato and may opt to stay on the outside and methodically pick him apart with his superior boxing ability and educated feet. He should be able to maintain enough activity to keep Sato guessing and potentially frustrate him in the process. On the other hand, Sato is the heavier of the two and may elect to try and take this fight to the ground where he can potentially control the pace of the action plus prevent Takala from using his excellent standup skills. A methodical pace on the ground may serve him best allowing him to land timely ground-and-pound strikes mixed in with positioning and an occasional submission attempt.

Prediction: I think Takala will be able to keep this fight standing by moving around often and using a clinch on occasion to land damaging punches and preventing Sato from shooting in for the takedown. Takala by Unanimous Decision

FEATHERWEIGHT BATTLE: SEBASTIEN “SNAKE OUT OF GOTHENBURG” LINNE (39-19) versus “TIGHT” MICROSCOPIC HUNT (29-16-3) of the FIGHTERS FIRST ALLIANCE

Linne has been on a good roll as of late, the winner of his past 3 fights, after struggling during a 4 fight losing streak. Carrying this momentum in at the right time against Hunt will definitely help him for this battle. Linne is 9 years the elder of Hunt and he knows the younger fighter will look to push the pace as early as often, so don’t be surprised to see Linne try and lock Hunt into a clinch to use his weight advantage. For Hunt, I believe he’ll try and make this a ground battle because he has had success there plus seems to have a preference for ground fighting. His high-risk, high reward approach may prove to be tough to handle for Linne simply because of Hunt’s level of energy output. Hunt may have the Agility and Speed advantage in this fight, so don’t be surprised to see him take a counter-attack approach while this fight is standing.

Prediction: Hunt should be able to utilize his movement and aggressive energy to take this fight to the ground and earn the victory. Hunt by Majority Decision

LIGHTWEIGHT BATTLE: DONNY “THE BEAR JEW” DONOWITZ (39-10) of EVOLUTION FIGHT CLAN versus YURY VESNEV (22-9) of the STEEL PENN ALLIANCE

Since I’m a fan of the movie, “Inglourious Basterds”, or “Inglorious Bastards” for us Americans, I dig the Donowitz name. I just hope that he doesn’t bring a baseball bat to the cage against Vesnev because, yeah, that would be a bit illegal! Actually while I’m thinking of it, wearing the Viking helmet into the cage is also illegal, so just to make things clear, don’t bring anything into the cage except yourself.

Throughout his career, Donowitz has been involved in numerous decision battles, so taking fights to the ground and deciding them there methodically is nothing new to him. He has proven that he has the stamina and patience to be in that situation against anyone at anytime. However, Vesnev has proven his comfort level on the ground as well, so this will end up being a battle of superior positioning. Vesnev is the shorter fighter in this clash but that may serve him well against a taller opponent who prefers to battle on the ground. Vesnev has the ability to lock on various submission holds at any point in time so Donowitz will absolutely have to be on his guard or Vesnev will take advantage of even the smallest opening if one is presented. Very much like Donowitz, numerous decision battles are on his professional resume, so look for this to be a struggle on the ground where either man can win out the battle of attrition.

Prediction: I think Donowitz will be able to take advantage of his tremendous standup skills early in the fight, scoring vital points on the score cards before this fight goes to the ground where both men struggle to maintain control for lengths of time. Donowitz by Unanimous Decision

LIGHTWEIGHT BATTLE: KOAKLAI KHANOMTOM (33-12-3) of CONVICTED INC. versus “OLDER UNDERACHIEVER” BYRON NELSON (19-13) of THE CONSORTIUM

The Thailand warrior brings a major experience advantage into this battle and that should serve him well! A 3 fight win streak after a 3 fight losing streak has contributed to Khanomtom’s confidence which is always good. Unanimous decisions are right up his alley as has been proven time and again, so should this proceed that way, he’ll be right at home. Nelson has been alternating between winning and losing as of late, so he’ll look to break that pattern and put together two wins in a row! For this confrontation, getting Khanomtom to the ground will be his best option. He has finished some opponent’s with a ground-and-pound attack but this battle will more than likely be a struggle on the ground to earn a hard-fought decision between these two.

Prediction: Apply my Alliance-mate formula here. Khanomtom by Unanimous Decision

FEATHERWEIGHT BATTLE: “DAREDEVIL” BAM JACKASS (25-11-1) of COLD BLOODED KILLERS versus “THE TEXAS TARANTULA” AUSTIN WILLIAMS (24-9) of MILWAUKEE’S BEST

A 4 fight winning streak, along with a lot of aggression, is what Jackass brings to the ring, along with unusual tactics before entering the ring! He and his crew are definitely crazy but it seems to work for Jackass because he’s been getting it done before the end of the 2nd round of his fights. That aggression will reduce the 6 year age difference between the two but if Williams weathers the early storm, then the tables could turn quickly. Williams favors slowing the pace while keeping control on the ground, so Jackass will have to keep this fight standing or he could end up in a wrestling struggle on the ground where he could get frustrated. Williams will have to rely upon his speed and general energy to try and get Jackass to the ground for the best chance to win this battle.

Prediction: I think Jackass’ aggression will be too much for Williams to handle early. Jackass by 2nd Round KO

WELTERWEIGHT BATTLE: M J “WARBIRD” SHAIN (36-26-2) of THE LEGION OF PAIN versus SAMURAIMO RASSI (25-10-1) of THE EVIL EMPIRE

Shain has been struggling as of late and as a result, he has lost his last 2 fights. He’ll obviously look to turn this around as quickly as possible before it begins to affect him negatively! Though slightly shorter, this will work to his advantage against an opponent who likes to use his opponent’s heads as soccer balls and knock them out with vicious head kicks. Avoiding those damaging kicks and taking this fight to the ground will be his best shot at winning this particular confrontation. Rassi, who should probably change his clothes to feel a bit better about himself, I’m just sayin’, will definitely look to keep this fight on its feet where he has enjoyed head kicking his last 2 opponent’s into unconsciousness! Lethal kicks and aggression serve him well and that may very well be the case in this situation as well. Staying at a distance and using his takedown defense will be key.

Prediction: I think Rassi will be able to keep this fight standing and his kicking ability will keep this fight in his favor. Again, if Rassi changes his clothes I have no doubt he’ll feel better about himself. Rassi by Majority Decision

WELTERWEIGHT BATTLE: “SHAZAM!” BILL BATSON (35-14-2) of the LEGION OF DOOM versus “SIR CIMOZA THE CRAZY” IVAN TUNJIC (22-14)

Last but not least we have two proven veterans squaring off in the cage! Batson has the height and weight advantage so look for him to stay outside and try to pepper Tunjic with jabs and crosses to keep him at bay! Tunjic has proven he has tremendous boxing ability, so look for Tunjic to try and utilize more kicks than normal for this battle.

Tunjic has been struggling a bit recently and as a result, his last 2 fights have been losses. He should be feeling better about himself since his last fight in July, but he just doesn’t seem excited about this fight and that may cost him should the fight be close! Look for Tunjic to try and drag Batson to the ground to look for submission possibilities while trying to control the larger warrior at his own pace.

Prediction: Batson should be able to keep this fight standing by using his size and strength. Batson by TKO in the 3rd Round

All right folks, that’s my time and this is the conclusion of another preview from yours truly. Thank you for your time as always, I do appreciate it, and like yourselves I very much look forward to the action that Ascension promises to bring. Take care, be well and I’ll see you at the fights!

Thank you Potter09 and FRANKTHEKING, I very much appreciate it. You're welcome for the Jackass prediction, though my predictions aren't exactly something to bank on lol Still, best of luck to all fighters and it should be a great card as always.