What makes a good counter striker/fighter?

Lefty

We all know that a high Confidence hidden makes for a fighter who fights very well when being the aggressor/is more aggressive in most situations.

But what makes a good counter fighter?

Is it also the Confidence hidden?

Intelligence could play a factor as well as experience but the question is: what is the core hidden/key hiddens that makes a counter fighter so successful?

In this thread we will explore this mysterious phenomenon and more!

• Upvote 1

Id say 3 of them:

1. Confidence- if he becomes a punching bag after taking a few strikes, he is not meant to be a counter guy.

2. Chin - being a counter fighter, you will be getting a lot of shots so you will need to survive those.

3. KO power - ok, you may find this pick weird but, i dont see going counter as an awesome option for clinching a decision win. Usually the aggressor wins it when it comes to decision since failed strike attempts give points too, right? So being a counter-fighter you might want to put some damage and look for a finish and here comes your KO power. It is a nice strategy at bigger weights since they have more natural power plus they run out of energy much faster. Havent tested it a lot at smaller divisions because i think it wouldnt work a lot and i will lose by decision with over 50% energy left in the tank.

• Upvote 1

This may be a stupid additional question but how do you determine if your fighter has high confidence? If he takes the hits and stops? Is that the only way to tell?

Check morale drop after u lose. High confidence and his morale may be 90% after a loss, while with low it could go down to zero.

I think the main part is the fight IQ. If you compare this game to real life the fight IQ has to be the most important when it comes down to countering because you have to do a lot of things to adapt to the fight to have good counters.

Highest IQ I have had on one of my fighters is 147, that guy I put on 100% SHIG to really nice results but even still you have to set tactics because they will follow what you are telling them to do to an extent anyways.

Thanks for all the responses guys ^_^

I think in general most of us are checking the Chin, KO power and Confidence boxes because those are obviously the 3 hiddens you want to have "a good fighter".

After some consideration though and after reading all your responses I have decided that it comes down to 2 important hiddens that make the best counter strikers: 1)Confidence 2)Fight IQ

Well, i am picking up heart as a third hidden cause even the greatest chin is nothing without some heart. You can get tko'ed without getting rocked. I think heart helps for defending subs too. Anyway I always pick survivability over attack in every stats based game so confidence might be a good option too.

• Upvote 1

Heart is super important if you ask me. I had a fighter with KO power, granite chin, yet got TKO'd a few times without absorbing much damage/taking many shots. I found this so frustrating. The guy could smash people but as soon as he got hit, chance were, not long after he got TKO'd

• 3 weeks later...