Checkmate Championship

Neondragon

15813092236123.jpg Connor

That was a fight! Man, Pravda is a tough son of a bitch. Holy shit can he take a hit, and he is a hell of a fighter. That fight was close man, very close. I guess the judges were just on my side today, but I'll take it. That's a hell of a win against a hell of a fighter. I don't know why people keep asking me about the tea, but no, I don't want any damned tea from a Russian, thank you!

• Upvote 2

14344125019221.jpg

Volodymyr Pravda

Comrade Connor spends 99% of the fight whiffing on air and squirming underneath my powerful Ukrainian body and these corrupt ass judges still give him the win. Pathetic.

Still, as a peace offering, let us drink tea comrades.

77d0eddc583ffd1eb2f03b4b8cd44b28.png

15813092236123.jpg Connor

That was a fight! Man, Pravda is a tough son of a bitch. Holy shit can he take a hit, and he is a hell of a fighter. That fight was close man, very close. I guess the judges were just on my side today, but I'll take it. That's a hell of a win against a hell of a fighter. I don't know why people keep asking me about the tea, but no, I don't want any damned tea from a Russian, thank you!

That fight was crazy! Two of the very best in the division showcasing their skills!

Pics-Art-08-23-12-34-24.jpg

Zane Alexander

-Whose next for me, eh?!

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15837804747956.png

Bjorn Akerfeldt: Been waiting for my phone to ring for weeks now, I may not be on that board but I can tell you I'm gonna be soon so why don't we run this back Zane and you give me my shot?

Check your Fight Offers :training2: ;)

- Checkmate Knight Battle RD#2 Tournament Bouts Preview!

Logopit_1598653561918.jpg?width=320&heig]

All right, ladies and gentlemen, let's talk about our co-main event of the evening where we see one of the welterweight tournament bouts when #5 Trey Whitman (6-2)(3-1 in CC) takes on #8 ranked Potemkin Izmaylov (3-0)(3-0 in CC)
#5 Trey Wittman is currently coming off a big win in the first round of our tournament against Jorge Adesanya. Trey has won a three out of his last four and all three of his wins have come by way of TKO. Let's take a look and see how he got here. In the first round of our tournament, he took on Jorge Adesanya who was on a 4 fight win streak at the time. In the first round of that bout Adesanyawas able to get Trey to the ground and throw up multiple vicious submission attempts, but Trey was able to defend all of them, then the referee stood them up and Trey got him into a clinch but then Jorge was able to get another takedown and threw up a couple more submission attempts, but none succeeded, and then the round ended. Then Trey dusted himself off, got up, and put on a clinic in the second round, and believe it or not, Trey landed a huge SHOULDER STRIKE that rocked Adesanya, then he did not let him off the hook and landed a nice body shot, then he ultimately finished him in the second round in just 2 minutes and 40 seconds by way of TKO.
Across from him will be #8 ranked undefeated fighter Potemkin Izmaylov. Izmaylov Is currently a perfect 3-0 in his professional MMA career as well as his Checkmate career. His debut was against Patrick O'Malley back at Checkmate Championship 2 where he made good on his debut with a unanimous decision victory. He has since gone on to pick up two first-round TKO victories against solid competitors shortly after. But let us take a look at his last win, which was in the first round of our Checkmate Knight battle tournament. In that bout, he took on Pedro Vela, and well there's not a lot to say about that fight as it only took him 15 seconds to get the win. The bell rang. He landed a leg kick. And then he stuffed a takedown and landed a counter body shot. Then he landed a huge head kick that dropped his opponent and lead to the stoppage. He will now look to improve his perfect record to 4-0, but he will have the most skillful opponent that he's ever faced standing in front of him. Can he do it, or will he choke under the pressure?
Now for our main event of the evening, it will be a 170 tournament bout when #3 ranked Ispa Perkele (7-1)(3-1 in CC) takes on #6 Logan Barrengarry (4-1)(3-0 in CC)
Number three ranked fighter Ispa Perkele Is currently on a 2 fight win streak, Both being by way of TKO/KO in the second round. It's also worth noting that his one and only loss in Pro MMA is to the former Champion Joad Cressbeckler, that loss was back in the finale of Checkmate's Hunting Gold tournament. Ispa is the first fighter to be apart of two Checkmate special tournaments, as he was like previously stated apart of the Checkmate Hunting Gold 170 Tournament as well as now the Knight Battle 170 Tournament. After coming up short in the finale of Hunting Gold he went on to pick up a huge win against no NoBrain Mentally, which is what earned him a spot in this bracket. Now let's take a look at his first-round bout in Knight Battle which was against Exeudo Oni. Ispa cut Oni very early into the fight, but Oni still managed to get a takedown, however, it was short-lived as the referee stood them up then shortly after that, then the round ended, but in the second round Ispa came out with a vengeance! He only took 44 seconds in the second round to knock Oni out cold with a huge right hand. Which earned him a knockout of the night bonus!
Now onto his opponent which will be none other than #6 ranked Logan Barrengarry. Logan is currently 4-1 in professional MMA and is on an impressive 4 fight win streak. His only pro loss was in his pro debut where he lost to current Checkmate Welterweight Champion, Juan Cristiano. After that loss he really stepped up his training and has since been on a tear, finishing every single opponent besides his most recent, which speaking of, let's take a look at how that last bout went, as it was in the first round of our tournament.
in his first-round bout against Patrick O'Malley it was a dominant display of his skills, which he took on to win a 30:27X3 unanimous judge's decision, but now he wants to prove a point by getting a finish to make it into the finale. However, to do that it will be a big task as he will be facing one of the toughest in the division! With his one and only loss being to the current champ you know that he is going to be able to bring that experience with him in this bout, but the question is can he use it to his advantage?
Some ranked bouts with big ties to the divisions!
(185) - #3 Pierre Nikolas (7-2)(2-2 in CC) vs #6 Bhishma Chontamenti (3-2)(2-0 in CC)
(185) - #2 Shawn Michaels (7-1)(1-0 in CC) vs #9 Battle Tested (4-3)(1-2 in CC)
(155) - #6 Lloque Yupanqui (2-1)(1-1 in CC) vs #7 The "BBJ King" Undertaker (3-1)(1-1 in CC)
Some unranked fights that want and can to steal the show!
(265) - Drax Bautista (3-2)(1-1 in CC) vs Deontay DJ (2-3)(1-1 in CC)
(205) - Alen Zalac (3-2)(2-2 in CC) vs Ben "Tank" Warren (2-1)(1-1 in CC)
(145) - Ripper Stallone (2-2)(1-1 in CC) vs Pull "Antt" Plugger (3-3)(1-2 in CC)
(145) - Abunazir "AR" Kindzal (4-7)(0-2 in CC) vs Walter Sobchak (1-6)(0-2 in CC)
(155) - Craig List (0-2)(0-2 in CC) vs Gregor "Bear" Granitschov (0-2)(0-2 in CC)
20200605_012938.jpg
  • Upvote 4

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15699041069799.gif

Due to all of his career losses only coming at the hands of Checkmate champions, Carlos Villarreal has changed his nickname from "The Esteemable Ese" to "The Checkmate Gatekeeper."

He's currently working hard to get another winning streak going :)

Haha he has always put on wars in those bouts! Looking forward to seeing his return next weekend!

- Checkmate Championship 8 Main Card Preview -

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1599218252CH8.gif

We have got 20 hyped up fighters ready to go for this card, so let's make it quick before they stamped us here in the writing room!

For our mainnnnnn event. Of the evening. We will see newly-crowned Bubba Wallace (10-0) (2-0 in CC) take on the absolute monster. That is #2 ranked Tank Abbott Tribute (6-0) (2-0 in CC)

Newly crowned champ Bubba is a flawless 10-0 inside of his Pro MMA career. 9 out of 10 of those wins being in the very first round. All of his wins are by way of KO/TKO. As I'm sure we are all aware of by now because I say it every time he fights, but it's very important to remember! Bubba was the heavyweight winner of the AWC tournament, where he took out some huge talented Fighters with some great managers. But nothing was more impressive than his last bout where he took out former champ Anton Gardner who many thought would stay the champion for a long time. But no, Bubba took him out in just 9 seconds of the very first round. That's right, I said nine seconds, pretty much as soon as the bell rang he immediately knocked Anton down, but he didn't just do that. He also cut him in that short 9 seconds, then he landed a devastating uppercut counter which led to the knockout and earned him the Checkmate 265-pound belt.

Standing across from him will be a man who you may have heard of, maybe from his historical street fighting days or maybe from his Checkmate MMA days but either way, you probably know him, #2 Tank Abbott Tribute who is a perfect 6-0. He picked up the biggest win of his career in his last bout where he took out the always tough Brian Snow with a knockout of the night finish in the second round, speaking of that fight let's take a closer look at it. Very early on within the first round, he got a nasty cut, then after he got cut early, Snow smart fully targeted it and did not let up on that hitting that cut constantly. Then in the second round after being severely cut Tank decided to brush himself off and score a HUGE knockout of the night finish with just 2 seconds left in the round, which earned him this chance to be the #AndNew Checkmate Heavyweight Champion!

In our co-main event of the night, we will see dominant Champion Chief "Crazy" Aztec (11-0)(9-0 in CC) look to defend his belt against the Raging up and comer #3 Paulo Correia (5-0) (2-0 in CC)

The champion Aztec is a perfect 11-0 inside his Pro MMA career. 10 of his wins have been in the first round with only one going to the second round. All of his wins are by way of TKO/KO, Aztec also has the most wins inside of Checkmate as well as the most KO/TKO wins and is tied for the most fights in Checkmate. Oh, and did I forget to mention he also is the longest-reigning champion? He is the only inaugural Champion to still be champion. The list of opponents that he has faced and beaten goes on and on and on with top-ranked talent in 155/145, including the likes of #2 Simon Busch, #2 Featherweight Carlos Villarreal, twice, Yut Han, and most recently the super talented Volodymyr Pravda. Those are some huge names in the divisions that are still performing at the very top level of the game.

But now the man that will be looking to upset the champion is none other than Paulo "The Beast" Correia.

Correia is also undefeated in his record. He's a perfect 5-0, taking out the likes of #8 ranked Kaino Ukkonen and #5 ranked Manja Sha in his last bout which was a fight of the night performance. The hard-hitting lightweight from Brazil made a name for himself by racing to the unbeaten with a 5-0 record. Now he has climbed the rankings all the way to #3, which earned him a title shot against the most dominant champion Checkmate has ever known. 4 out of 5 of his wins are by TKO in the very first round. The 21-year-old Brazilian native will look to display his exceptional boxing, respectable Muay Thai, strong wrestling, and his BJJ brown belt, which he will need to take out the champion. On paper Paulo actually beats Aztec in every aspect except for wrestling where they seem to be tied, but that's just on paper. Aztec has proven to be one of the most dominant Champions if not the most dominant 355K 155-pound fighter of all time, but in order to really solidify that claim, he will need to take out this hard-hitting Brazilian.

We will also see two ranked heavyweights clash for the next title shot when #5 Mike "Hammer" Kownacki (8-0)(2-0 in CC) vs #1 Jax Chambers (6-1)(3-0)

#1 ranked Heavyweight contender Jax Chamber is currently on a 6 fight win streak and has been on an absolute tear, taking out some of the biggest names Checkmate has come to know. In his DEBUT he took out former Conquest champion and current #9 ranked Checkmate Heavyweight contender Jingky Bacolod, then he took out current #10 ranked Agustin Cauchy, but neither of those adds up to his last performance where he took out the former champion Jon Nolan in the very first round, now he will look to prove why he deserves the next title shot.

Across from him is fellow dominate fighter undefeated #5 Ranked Mike "Hammer" Kownacki who is a perfect 8-0 in his pro MMA career. He has finished 6 of his 8 wins by way of KO/TKO. In his last outing he took out current #9 ranked Jinky Bacolod via unanimous decision handing him just his second loss in pro-MMA (Bacolod's one other loss is to Mike's opponent Jax) which is by far the biggest win in Mike's career, now he will look to add a well-decorated contender to his resume and steal the title shot for himself.

And we will get to see a huge welterweight tilt between #1 Joad Cressbeckler (5-1)(1-1 in CC) vs #6 NoBrain Mentally (5-2)(1-1 in CC)

Former champion Joad Chessbeckler makes his return to the cage in a rematch against a man he has beaten previously back at Conquest when he took Mentally's belt from him by way of Submission (Strikes) in the second round. After that bout Joad was apart of the inaugural Checkmate 170 championship which was also the finale of Checkmate Hunting Gold, Joad won the belt by a unanimous decision victory over current #5 ranked Ispa Perkele (Who was also undefeated at the time). After he won the belt Joad lost the strap in his first defense against current champion Juan Christiano in a back and forth bout which ended in a judges decision, which I think has lit a fire under Joad and I have a feeling he is gonna show a new Joad that we have not seen before.

However #6 ranked NoBrain Mentally still has a grudge against Joad for taking his Conquest belt and wants nothing more than to crush Joad's title redeeming dreams. Mentally was the inaugural Conquest Welterweight Champion, he took out the likes of Mateusz Biernat to accomplish that feat, after that fight as we all know he then fell to Joad and lost his belt, then after that Checkmate and Conquest merged and he made his Chekckmate debut against none other then-current #7 ranked Trey Wittman back at Checkmate Contenders 3. The stakes and exceptions were high for NoBrain and he delivered on every caliber, taking out Trey in the second round by way of TKO. He did come up short in his last outing against a man he and his opponent have both faced, Ispa Perkele. With that behind him, he wants to make a huge statement in the division and show how much he has improved since the first meeting with Joad.

Two ranked Lightweights that will throw down when we see #2 Simon Busch (5-1)(1-1 in CC) vs #5 Manja "Picassso" Sha (4-3)(1-2 in CC)

In this bout we will see two high-level Lightweights will something to prove as the Co-Main event later tonight will be for the belt in this very weight class, with that being said its all eyes on these two contenders to put on a show and look to start making a climb up the rankings to the top!

We will get to see an explosive welterweight bout between #9 Exeudo "The Frightmare" Oni (7-5)(5-3 in CC) vs #8 Jorge Adesanya (4-3)(4-2)

Both of these fighters were recently apart of the "Checkmate Knight Battle" tournament and will now look to start a new winning streak by taking out the other in a dominating fashion!

The rest of the card has some great talent too!

(265) - Olusola "The Destroyer" Oni (5-5)(4-3 in CC) vs Maris "Rukis" Lakis (3-2)(1-0 in CC)

(185) - Abayomrunkoje "The Last Bender" Oni (3-5)(2-3 in CC) vs Daniel "Dominator" Pawlik (4-9)(0-1 in CC)

(145) - Ben "Stronghold" Sheeran (6-5)(1-1 in CC) vs Leon "Cranium" Johnson (2-2)(0-2 in CC)

(170) - Darry Curtis (1-0)(0-0 in CC) vs Nick "Killer" Gracie (2-2)(0-2 in CC)

• Upvote 2

UXf1UQ4.jpg

In preparation for his fight against Zane Alexander, Bjorn Akerfeldt recently flew into Siberia to take an amateur fight in the IHAFL* (International Human-Animal Fight League) against their reigning champion Grizzly Adamsonovich. Grizzly held his ground with his superior grappling abilities for two rounds but ultimately Bjorn was able to maneuver through the clinch and score a TKO via Kick just at the tail end of round 2 bringing his current record to 2-0 MMA and 1-0 ISMMA (Inter-Species MMA) when asked for comment he had the following to say.

"Zane is a beast with superior wrestling and eating kilos of raw meat, so I thought to myself 'Bjorn, who wrestles the best and eats raw meat, then I remembered my own name, that's right, bears" but they're out of season back in Sweden so I was prepped to spar the rest of Team Lundgren til the call came through to go to Siberia and fight their reigning champ. He was really strong! but luckily I was able to get the upper-hand and think I've got a good insight into my coming fight now."

*The IHAFL is an unofficial league with no standing in the world MMA community, fights have not been approved by USADA, and the World association for animal rights finds them questionable at best.

• Upvote 1

UXf1UQ4.jpg

In preparation for his fight against Zane Alexander, Bjorn Akerfeldt recently flew into Siberia to take an amateur fight in the IHAFL* (International Human-Animal Fight League) against their reigning champion Grizzly Adamsonovich. Grizzly held his ground with his superior grappling abilities for two rounds but ultimately Bjorn was able to maneuver through the clinch and score a TKO via Kick just at the tail end of round 2 bringing his current record to 2-0 MMA and 1-0 ISMMA (Inter-Species MMA) when asked for comment he had the following to say.

"Zane is a beast with superior wrestling and eating kilos of raw meat, so I thought to myself 'Bjorn, who wrestles the best and eats raw meat, then I remembered my own name, that's right, bears" but they're out of season back in Sweden so I was prepped to spar the rest of Team Lundgren til the call came through to go to Siberia and fight their reigning champ. He was really strong! but luckily I was able to get the upper-hand and think I've got a good insight into my coming fight now."

*The IHAFL is an unofficial league with no standing in the world MMA community, fights have not been approved by USADA, and the World association for animal rights finds them questionable at best.

Well I guess that would be the best way to train for someone like Zane. I have heard rumors of IHALF and although Checkmate can not publicly acknowledge it as a repeatable league due to the lack of support from USADA and the WAFAR. We can acknowledged the skill it takes to do what he did there, I heard Grizzly Adamsonovich was a heck of a champ. (and I think that his experience with them will "mistakenly" end up in the write up for that bout ;), but for mmatycoon'legal reasons you didn't hear that from me...)