140 IQ... Woot!

Warwynd

Physical training is affected only by age and supplements. Maybe they were at a different age, or had different energy/morale levels which also affect learning speed, or maybe they were using different type/quality of supplements. Or if they had some fights - fighting increases conditioning as well, depending on how long the fight was, but you can see conditioning increase after a fight. Also I don't suggest you to start with useless conditioning because it is pretty hard to train anything when your energy goes down too fast. For an 18yo build, 110 conditioning at creation is a must for me(or at least 90-100) and for a 25yo build you should start with at least 50-60.

ll but one of them are 18 y/o, they are using the same supplements, and none of them have fought yet. I am truly baffled, because I thought all the things you have said in that post were true, but yet...

There are different schools of thought on the conditioning thing. I used to be just like you in making all my fighters with remarkable or wonderful conditioning, but it was pointed out that starting with abysmal is better, because it's easier to train up conditioning then some of the other skills. Especially if you don't have access to private gyms, which I kind of do and kind of don't at the moment. but yeah... still not sure. The 16 year old I get that he might train at a different rate, but the others... there was literally zero difference in their routine. Anyway, thanks for answering the question.

Maybe you have missed something mate. Could be the gym vending machine filled with cardio/weight supps, so the fighters that used them more, advanced better in those skills. Check here:

http://www.mmatycoon.com/vendingpurchases.php?MgrID=59400

Doh! I never thought about that. That is almost certainly what it is... Thanks. It seems so obvious now...

I had this dude - http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=310868 get around 140 or so for an IQ a while. But i've never been brave enough to test SHIG on him. Maybe next fight

You really owe it to yourself to put him on high SHIG. go 100% SHIG and he will follow your instructions for sliders very closely and also try some things outside the box where he knows he can have success. Even putting him on 75-80% SHIG will really help you I think. Try it and You will not be dissapointed.

I read somewhere that high IQ is more valuable for ground and pound and submissions than striking, is that true?

also when to go in for the kill, knowing when a fighter is rocked -- i have used 100% shig it goes on many fighters with great success -- have a fighter now that once found out he was intelligent changed to 100% shig and he has done good http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=321664

Physical training is affected only by age and supplements. Maybe they were at a different age, or had different energy/morale levels which also affect learning speed, or maybe they were using different type/quality of supplements. Or if they had some fights - fighting increases conditioning as well, dependingl on how long the fight was, but you can see conditioning increase after a fight. Also I don't suggest you to start with useless conditioning because it is pretty hard to train anything when your energy goes down too fast. For an 18yo build, 110 conditioning at creation is a must for me(or at least 90-100) and for a 25yo build you should start with at least 50-60.

So my fighter isn't gaining anything from training because he's a 25 y/o build and I'm not giving him the right supplements? What supplement should be used to train any skill? What's the best supplement to use?

I am definitely going to try SHIG with my 140 guy. At least until I discover that he is a pillow fisted, butter chinned cupcake with no redeeming qualities other than high intelligence...

Still set a gameplan. They come out w/ whatever gameplan you set in sliders (even if on 100% SHIG) and are suppose to adjust it if they start losing or it's not working.

• Upvote 1

Still set a gameplan. They come out w/ whatever gameplan you set in sliders (even if on 100% SHIG) and are suppose to adjust it if they start losing or it's not working.

Well... yeah... I knew that. But, thanks for pointing that out to anyone that might make the mistake of thinking that setting the SHIG to 100% means no fight plan is needed. I can see where a newbie reading this could think that High IQ fighter + 100% SHIG = pure awesome guaranteed win.

I think that SHIG affects only clinch/takedown/break clinch/stand up sliders, cause ur fighter tries to change fight position if he is losing. It is not something that fixes wrong aggro/damage settings or striking distribution.

You're probably right, but I almost never used SHIG in the past because I seldom knew my guys IQ scores and when I did they tended to be only average intelligence... or morons... lol

You're probably right, but I almost never used SHIG in the past because I seldom knew my guys IQ scores and when I did they tended to be only average intelligence... or morons... lol

SHIG is inconsistent and for a long time a lot of people thought it was broken. I don't know if that's still the consensus or not. I had a 148 IQ fighter w/ heart, confidence, granite chin (http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=106772) and during the back-half of his career I went w/ 100% SHIG in all of the fights that I can remember. Very mixed results. I still set his gameplan for majority of fights. I know I set it for the last 2 Bowser fights. I outstruck Bowser the 2nd fight because dude was very basic and predictable, and IIRC the 3rd fight came after the prediction slider changes, so I tried to be as unpredictable as I could be and went counter/damage vs him and it tanked miserably.

I would experiment with some SHIG for your 136 guy. I, personally would not go 100% with him. Chris Karter and Captain Spaulding both had 148s and that I think is just about as high as it gets. For them I would go 100% SHIG (but still set your sliders). For anything less than 145 or so, I would probably not go 100%. But that is just me, and I am very leery of SHIG

You really owe it to yourself to put him on high SHIG. go 100% SHIG and he will follow your instructions for sliders very closely and also try some things outside the box where he knows he can have success. Even putting him on 75-80% SHIG will really help you I think. Try it and You will not be dissapointed.

The bold is not true.

There's 1 guarantee... if you use SHIG you will eventually, sooner or later, be very disappointed w/ the results lol.

• Upvote 1

I would experiment with some SHIG for your 136 guy. I, personally would not go 100% with him. Chris Karter and Captain Spaulding both had 148s and that I think is just about as high as it gets. For them I would go 100% SHIG (but still set your sliders). For anything less than 145 or so, I would probably not go 100%. But that is just me, and I am very leery of SHIG

What exactly is SHIG?