#21 Mentor

Mentor

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 4,882 posts
  • Interests:Games, MMA, Basketball
  • Manager Profile

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:30 AM

I think Spurs did ok in the end for this window, Levy is famous for not doing shit the whole transfer window and get everyone on the last 2-3 days. Personally i hate this because our players end up missing training camp and August we always suck, but end of the day is that Spurs have a surplus over the past 5 years while holding a top 2-3 spot in the past 2. Most the competition have a negative of 100s of millions. I think we earned 20m+ in this window again.

The only starter we sold was Walker (to City), his replacement is Aurier from PSG, a younger + comparable player to Walker, a bit controversial, but for 50% of the fee of Walker, i guess he is worth the risk. Our top transfer was Davidson from Ajax, i think he will be a solid DC for Spurs, he has all the qualities, apparently he rejected a move from Barca to come here, so he clearly wants to be at Spurs. We hijacked Llorente's move to Chelsea, the dude is not a spring chicken at 32y of age, but he is a proven 15+ goal striker, he did that in every league he played including Spain, Italy and England (with Swansea), he cost us 12m and i think he will be the solid backup we needed. We got a backup at GK and Foyth, a young U21 Argentinian similar to Vertongen, just lighter, faster and younger. Overall i think we are stronger after these moves, i would give us a B+ overall, mainly because we failed to get a speedy winger or AM creative type + we failed to offload last years flop Sissoko, he will probably degrade even more in value. But considering we are building a 700m stadium, the fact that we got stronger, while also making a profit is a fantastic feat.

#22 Mr.J

Mr.J

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,146 posts
  • Interests:Football,MMA and not giving a fuck.
  • Manager Profile

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:20 AM

England time and time again playing like shit.Rashford should be starting for england.

Italy lose to Spain so now they will enter the play offs.

Bad news for some other play off regulars.

hoping for a Portugal vs Italy.seedings will be a factor off course.

tWUInvj.jpg?1
Modesty is the pride of the Mediocre.
According to me is the only according to me that matters.
A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinion of a sheep.

Self interest is the best interest.

#23 Bwang

Bwang

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 5,742 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 10:41 AM

England are useless. Mainly because they have shit managers.

We just scraped past Malta. No goals in the first half. Why Joe Hart keeps playing in goal is beyond me, especially with such a good opportunity to try out someone else. They have a collective fear of failure that leads players to be unimaginative and managers to stick with old age players. Southgate even wanted to get Rooney out of retirement, he would of probably played him against Malta if he could!!

#24 markyosullivan

markyosullivan

Red Belt

• 5,999 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:31 PM

Pickford should be given a chance

1376065122corporation4.png                     1452094593LuckyLiamsAcademy.png

#25 Mr.J

Mr.J

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,146 posts
  • Interests:Football,MMA and not giving a fuck.
  • Manager Profile

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:00 AM

Pickford should be given a chance

pickford and butland both should play one match each in the remaining two qualifiers.

tWUInvj.jpg?1
Modesty is the pride of the Mediocre.
According to me is the only according to me that matters.
A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinion of a sheep.

Self interest is the best interest.

#26 Bwang

Bwang

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 5,742 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 11:16 PM

Fantasy football is ripe for disappointments and ill twists of fate.

: I take De Bruyn out and I put Mane in.

(De Bruyne gets two assists, MOTM. Mane gets red card.)

#27 Ramirez

Ramirez

Red Belt

• Manager
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 12:43 AM

i had just added Mane also...

#28 Bwang

Bwang

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 5,742 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:14 AM

Palace sack De Boer! He was given 4 league games. Everyone agreed that he'd finally got the team playing well in their last game too. How ridiculous.

Poor guy, he lasted 85 days as manager of Inter, now 77 days at Palace.

Good old Roy Hodgson is favourite to take over! He'll have Benteke taking corners...

Bunch of idiots.

#29 Mentor

Mentor

Red Belt

• Developer
  • 4,882 posts
  • Interests:Games, MMA, Basketball
  • Manager Profile

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:54 AM

Palace sack De Boer! He was given 4 league games. Everyone agreed that he'd finally got the team playing well in their last game too. How ridiculous.

Poor guy, he lasted 85 days as manager of Inter, now 77 days at Palace.

Good old Roy Hodgson is favourite to take over! He'll have Benteke taking corners...

Bunch of idiots.

I have no idea how Hodgson still gets jobs these days, the guy has been managing since 1976 and has never kept a job beyond 3 years (Fulham he worked for 3 and he had the absymal England run for 4 years), he has managed teams all over the world and still cannot keep a job. I think his run as the England manager was one of the worse in the history of England, they were pathetic in the 2 tourneys he was in charge.

Hart sucks, but Pickford is not the solution either, i watched him against Spurs last weekened and it was not pretty. England has had a problem in goal for a long time and although people blame the managers, the England team is not very good if you compare to the top 4-5 teams in Europe. I have a little hope though because there is a few players around 20ish that can make an impact, 4-5 years ago it was unclear where the solution would come from.

#30 mccann123

mccann123

Blue Belt

• Developer
  • 195 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:07 AM

Nice win last night for United. Pogba injured though :-(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users