Past 7 seasons TUF winners

Jacman

Past 7 TUF winners  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the past TUF winners has the best chance to win a title?

• Tony Ferguson- TUF- Lesnar/Dos Santos
    • John Dodson- TUF- Bisping/Miller
    • Diego Brandao- TUF- Bisping/Miller
    • Michael Chiesa- TUF- Cruz/Faber
    • Rony Jason- TUF- Brazil
    • Cezar Ferreira- TUF- Brazil
    • Colton Smith- TUF- Carwin/Nelson
    • Norman Parke- TUF- The Smashes
    • Robert Whittaker- TUF- The Smashes
    • Kelvin Gastelum- TUF- Jones/Sonnen

I don't care where there at now I just want to know which of these ten fighters has the best chance to win a title or at least fight for one. I do mean throughout there entire careers. Just looking at these past seasons I don't see many fighters who will even be contenders let alone champs.

Yeah, Dodson. Not a big fan. Not really a fan of any of those guys. I don't mind them, just not a huge fan of their fighting styles. Diego Brandao is one of the more exciting fighters on there, but I'd like to see him get KTFO. Tony Furgeson and Colton Smith are prolly my least favorite. I think Uriah Hall has a better chance than anybody on there - with the exception of Dodson - and I don't think Uriah's a top 5 MW.

• Upvote 1

I'm going with Whitaker. He's only 22 and big for welterweight. He is pretty quick and has dynamite hands. Wrestling seems to be pretty good and his TDD looks solid.

Ferguson - I think he has a good chance if he can stay healthy and doesn't get into his own head. His boxing is excellent, his wrestling news a little work and haven't really seen any kind of submission game.

Dodson - I don't see Dodson winning a title, but he will be one of the top challengers for a while. Pretty heavy hands for the division (not quite Benavidez power), just needs to work on the cardio for the championship rounds.

Brandao - Wrestling and mental strength are his weaknesses, but we all saw how dangerous he can be when everything goes his way. I don't see him challenging for a title, but I've been wrong before.

Chiesa - I can't really figure Chiesa out. I know his submission are good and he has decent enough striking, but the athleticism that the top of the division would destroy him. Mid-card fighter at best.

Smith - I really didn't like him coming off of the show, but his fight against Whitaker changed my mind. His striking looked improved and his wrestling is there. His chin is a lot better then I thought it would be, so contending is possible.

Parke - Haven't really seen enough besides what we saw on the show. Looked very good on the show, but the lightweight side was weak. Boxing is very good, but that is about all I can tell you.

Whitaker - I definitely think he has a bright future. Like I said before: dynamite hands, good wrestling, above average TDD and only 22 years old!!! He is decent sized for Welterweight and definitely has the drive.

Gastelum - I'm not really sure with Kelvin. He looked solid on the show, but nothing really stood out to me. I still think he will drop down to Welterweight since he looked a little small for Middleweight.

Jason & Ferreira - Don't really know enough about either one.

Reminder that Dodson had a (imo) FOTY contender match for the title already and acquitted himself really well. He couldn't keep up with DM's pace in the end, but he was dropping him all over the place early on.

I know that's what I thought. Most of these fighters will either get cut or they'll at most be gatekeepers in their division.

Hell go further back and look at the winners. Half of them are gone or mediocre at best.

I seriously think that Norman Parke has a great chance of at least getting a title shot at some stage. Having trained with him, it was so clear that he was a class apart from everyone in my gym, he always seemed to be a couple of steps ahead of everyone when he was sparring. He's never been able to train with top level fighters yet despite this he won TUF: Smashes. Since then he started training in San Diego with Alliance MMA where Ross Pearson, Phil Davies, Myles Jury, Dominick Cruz etc, training with these fighters will only help him improve and get even better.

I know he fought for the title but I don't think he will win it with Mighty mouse as champ and Joseph Benavidez as the top contender. He might get another shot but I just can't see him winning it.

Im not saying I think Dodson will win the title but of all of those he has the best chance. He is in the shallowest division (no offence I like the flyweights but the UFC needs to sign some more 125lbers) one of the more well known guys in the division and gave the champ a tough fight and dropped him a couple of times. He has one punch KO power at flyweight and is a top contender so I would say he is the most likely. Their are some guys like Ferguson, Whitaker, Gastelum etc. that i think are good but honestly it is pretty clear Dodson has the best shot.

Kind of a impossible question to answer. Over the years some people have been given easy roads to get title shots. I anyone has to go on a big run of good fighters is will be unlikely they ever become champ. IF they have something to offer and they get the forrest treatment of 2 wins in a row and then a title shot. They have a huge advantage over everyone else. Looking past that I would have to say the lower weights had an advantage because the divisions are new and thin and history has shown the champs in new divisions tend to be a revolving door until it becomes established the the best talent in the world finds its way into the division. So this would give Dodson a good chance. But I think the best fighter with the best chance to win the belt. Silva is up there in age and Kelvin is young and unothadox as well as having some wrestling, ground game, and some power in his hands. I can see him making something happen if he ever got a fight with Silva. Not only that he is small enough to drop to 170 and get a chance in that division if 185 doesn't work out. So he gets 2 chances.

• Downvote 2

anyone at 125 is pretty much only one or two wins away from a title shot, so dodson is most likely to hold the title. as mentioned, he already had his shot and the fight was pretty close.

Dodson, due to the lack of real competition in his division. I understand he just recently lost a title fight, but after knocking out a few no names im sure he'll be back for another shot. Brandao too, if he becomes the beast that he was in the house. I mean, he looked like Aldo in there.