WVT Submission Wrestling Tournaments - Sign Up

Alfred

I have a great candidate for 170 but I'm locked into a contract. When that tournament starts to fill, I'll make a push to get him released.

I also have a guy for 205. He's one of the worst builds I've ever seen, but I may be able to sneak in a win or two in a grappling tourney: Seb Sha (271104)

Yeah 170lbs is looking rather thin. If it stays this way until the cut off it'll be a best of three final. If you can get your guy free and there's 3 grapplers it'll be a straight round robin to decide 1st, 2nd and 3rd (fight each other twice, 4 fights total)

Basically no matter the number there will be a way to run it that should finish in 4-6 weeks.

Anyway, sent a contract to Sha mate. Cheers!

• Upvote 2

I'm going to make this discussion public. If everyone agrees with the owner, I'll oblige.

It's actually not a big deal - just thought the thought process was weird:

I'm being told that this fighter: http://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=233751 is too heavy for 155. He's currently 159, but he can cut to 144.4 or something. I understand how somebody who's actual weight was under 155 would have an advantage, but why do we care how much they can cut to? We'll both be cutting to 155, so why does it matter that I could cut to 145?

How can a fighter be to heavy for 155 but also too light for 170? All fighters should have a spot and shouldn't be asked to add weight because they have good conditioning ....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I'm going to make this discussion public. If everyone agrees with the owner, I'll oblige.

It's actually not a big deal - just thought the thought process was weird:

I'm being told that this fighter: http://mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=233751 is too heavy for 155. He's currently 159, but he can cut to 144.4 or something. I understand how somebody who's actual weight was under 155 would have an advantage, but why do we care how much they can cut to? We'll both be cutting to 155, so why does it matter that I could cut to 145?

How can a fighter be to heavy for 155 but also too light for 170? All fighters should have a spot and shouldn't be asked to add weight because they have good conditioning ....

You misunderstand me

I said at the beginning that the only rule on weight that I would set is that your fighter must compete at the weight that he can make. This was because it was discussed earlier that smaller fighters seem to have an advantage. I don't know if they do or not, nor do I personally care, but it was the only rule set none the less.

Your guy can make 145lbs of which he is more than welcome to compete in if you want. I sent a contract for 155lbs and asked if you wouldn't mind adding 1 or 2lbs to your guy so that his max weight cut was 146lbs. I asked this because 145 has a lot more signed than 155 and your guy is right on the cusp (as you already know as your said he can compete 145/155) and that's that way I've been doing it so far. I hate being unfair to others. You only had to say if you didn't want to add weight and I'll send contract for 145lbs instead. Really not a big deal to me.

• Upvote 1

You misunderstand me

I said at the beginning that the only rule on weight that I would set is that your fighter must compete at the weight that he can make. This was because it was discussed earlier that smaller fighters seem to have an advantage. I don't know if they do or not, nor do I personally care, but it was the only rule set none the less.

Your guy can make 145lbs of which he is more than welcome to compete in if you want. I sent a contract for 155lbs and asked if you wouldn't mind adding 1 or 2lbs to your guy so that his max weight cut was 146lbs. I asked this because 145 has a lot more signed than 155 and your guy is right on the cusp (as you already know as your said he can compete 145/155) and that's that way I've been doing it so far. I hate being unfair to others. You only had to say if you didn't want to add weight and I'll send contract for 145lbs instead. Really not a big deal to me.

Youre still asking me to add 1 or 2 lbs to a fighter whos 159 lbs to compete at 155 lol. Pavlov (above) can cut to 135 - are you going to ask him to add weight to compete at 145?

Ill do it but I think youre focusing on the wrong part. Everyone in 155 should have their actual weight between 155-169. That should be your only worry

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Youre still asking me to add 1 or 2 lbs to a fighter whos 159 lbs to compete at 155 lol. Pavlov (above) can cut to 135 - are you going to ask him to add weight to compete at 145?

Ill do it but I think youre focusing on the wrong part. Everyone in 155 should have their actual weight between 155-169. That should be your only worry

No because there is no 135lbs division.

I understand what you are saying but this is just the way I've done it this time round and I've already got everyone else playing by those rules. I'm not saying it's my way or the high way or my way is best, just that it's what I've done for this one. If people think it makes more sense the other way (and it probably does in hindsight) then I am totally cool with doing it that way in future. No problem.

I also completely underestimated the number of smaller grapplers so in future I'll most likely do a 135lbs division as well.

In fact, it's probably not too late to implement that now if people agree?

• Upvote 2

Can you expand on this? I can talk to Mike and make this change happen fairly fast i think.

It would be a tick option for orgs to use, just like the one for no training.... send a contract that is specifically for tourneys and tick the auto accept fight options. Once a fighter accepts the contract, when they are offered a fight it will automatically accept it, similar to when the QFC tourney is ran. That way if manager goes inactive the fight can still happen.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Many of the weight classes have now finished their group stages aside from the 135lbs class (which now moves to a three man group final) and the 170lbs class (which has been a three man group final from the very start)

Congrats to those moving into the finals. Unlucky to those who haven't made it. I have released you all just now.

Semi-Final match ups were simply Group A winner versus Group B runner up and the same the other way around.

Week 4 standings and results have been updated on the front page

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...