Training on fight day?

DirtyDave

A trick I use most of the time is when i get the 'autoflight booked' message, I go cancel the flight and I clear all my fighters training. That usually guarantees I am at 100% energy come fight time.

I like to cut it a lot closer than this but this is indeed a good trick. The problem w clearing all training is that if you forget to put it back and have no assistant then you might miss out on some key training.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I like to cut it a lot closer than this but this is indeed a good trick. The problem w clearing all training is that if you forget to put it back and have no assistant then you might miss out on some key training.

This why I knew I'd never make a good mentor. It's these little things I just can't care about. I just save as default and clear. And then when I check and my dude is back to full energy then I load default. Probably miss sessions here and there but...eh.

Had someone ask the other day whether I had specifically trained something before a fight to get a boost. Don't think I've changed my guys training like that ever. They just train what they train.

It's actually a miracle I'm any good at the game :lol:

• Upvote 1

This why I knew I'd never make a good mentor. It's these little things I just can't care about. I just save as default and clear. And then when I check and my dude is back to full energy then I load default. Probably miss sessions here and there but...eh.

Had someone ask the other day whether I had specifically trained something before a fight to get a boost. Don't think I've changed my guys training like that ever. They just train what they train.

Maybe if you did your best rank would be 2 spots better. :P

• Upvote 1

After Chris Steve’s loss to Nick Graves that was a big adjustment I did in my training. Those 12 days prior to the fight give enough % to matter. Specially when you are fighting a bunch of managers that just go full aggro/full acc + lighter than most in the division it’s the little things that counter their cookie cutter bullshit moves.

It’s like the kids that thought they were good at Contra with unlimited lives. I play on hard mode and up up down down your arses.

To be fair though isn't that pretty much the unbeatable blue print? Find someone with granite chin and then max out stats and go aggression/accuracy?

As Camara says it's not unbeatable and everyone has there own slight variances on the sliders that will end up being the difference between winning a close one and losing a close one. Max stats will indeed be a factor but at the top a lot will have those anyway

To be fair though isn't that pretty much the unbeatable blue print? Find someone with granite chin and then max out stats and go aggression/accuracy?

With enough heart and confidence, unless significant reach disadvantage, it makes it very hard to beat aggro/accuracy.

Fighters with HUGE KO power can get lucky, if they end it early, most the time they gas themself out going for KO.

Rolls can go either way but high aggro max accuracy wins 99% of the time barring hidden deficiencies.

It is boring or frustrating as fuck at the top level, especially if your fighter doesnt have big KO power.

• Upvote 2

Not sure which opponent you're looking at. My point anyway was he's won 18 out of last 20 fights not doing Aggressive/acc. So it's definitely not the only way to win.

Way to go Billy :)

15685172046093.gif https://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=330872

Donald Trump approves this message, he grabs acc/aggr by the p&$$y every chance he gets !

Not sure which opponent you're looking at. My point anyway was he's won 18 out of last 20 fights not doing Aggressive/acc. So it's definitely not the only way to win.

Was looking at his last fight.

LHW+ with big KO power can go a long way, but if you run into a granite, heart, confidence fighter he can agg/acc you to a decision fairly easily. There are fighters that just dont get rocked barring the rarest of circumstances (plus KO power / damage slider combo) and if they stick to the cheese they will win most of the time.

Being the first fighter to KO a fighter doesnt always mean something either, his opponents might of all been pillow fist or accuracy cheese huggers. Heart never truly tested. Overconfidence in hiddens and lazy with the cheese. Etc. variables.

Less common in LHW. Rare in HW. KO power really matters there. But once you get to MW and under, its a big drop off.

Whole point is that agg/acc is the cheese.

Was looking at his last fight.

LHW+ with big KO power can go a long way, but if you run into a granite, heart, confidence fighter he can agg/acc you to a decision fairly easily. There are fighters that just dont get rocked barring the rarest of circumstances (plus KO power / damage slider combo) and if they stick to the cheese they will win most of the time.

Being the first fighter to KO a fighter doesnt always mean something either, his opponents might of all been pillow fist or accuracy cheese huggers. Heart never truly tested. Overconfidence in hiddens and lazy with the cheese. Etc. variables.

Less common in LHW. Rare in HW. KO power really matters there. But once you get to MW and under, its a big drop off.

Whole point is that agg/acc is the cheese.

Yep true it most definitely gets harder to combat agg/acc as you go down in weight divisions.

I think we can all agree people who fight for a decision win are cowards :)

If only we had a certain owner dedicated to tweaking and upgrading the fight engine and sliders to achieve some sort of balance with more effective sliders than acc/agg and counter/damage in second place.

it sucks because i love grapplers but the engine is so badly rigged against them.

for example, building a grappler that subs from the bottom is pretty much useless, all the guy on top has to do is control and he will win the round whereas the bottom guy could throw 20+ sub attempts and loses every round.

it`s like the engine is stuck in the Pettis vs Guida fight back in the days when judges did not value sub attempts from the bottom much.