Blood on the Canvas 3 TUF show Official Forum Thread

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what date are these fights to be scheduled? I need to be able to make room on an appropriate card

OOC: Just a reminder. The complete schedule and all other important information about the show can be found on the 1st post on this thread. Here is the remaining schedule. These dates are approximate and are subject to change.

Sunday January 2nd, 2011. the coaches will face off in the coaches challenge. The type of game they will play will be a mystery until this point and may be determined by the moderator KC Cooper. The winning coach and each of his fighters will all receive a cash bonus to be determined later.Sunday Janurary 9th, 2011. The first round of fights take place. This date will be clarified once the org can book the show.Sunday January 16th, 2011. The second round of matchups are picked. Whichever team won the most fights in the first round will get the first pick. In case of a tie, use the same order as the first time matchups were picked. Unlike season 1 of BOTC, Losers of the first round will be eliminated from the main competition, but may be invited to participate in the wildcard consolation tournament. Sunday January 30th, 2011. The second round of fights take place.Sunday Feb 6th, 2011. The third round of matchups are picked. Whichever team won the most fights in the first round will get the first pick. In case of a tie, use the same order as the first time matchups were picked. Losers of the second round in the main tourney may be asked to join the consolation tourney (if there are less than 4 fighters who have not left the competion). Losers of the 2nd round of the consolation tourney will be eliminated from the competition.Sunday Feb 20th, 2011. The third round of fights take place. The fourth round of fights will be determined by the results of Round 3. There will be no need for coaches to set matchups.Sunday March 13th, 2011. The finale of both the main tourney and the consolation tourney takes place. This card will feature a title fight featuring the 2 finalists of the competition as well as the fight for the consolation title between that tourney’s finalists. This card may also feature the 3rd place main tourney fight, the 3rd place consolation tourney fight, and a coaches’ fight featuring one of each of their more experienced fighters.

OOC: Just a reminder. The complete schedule and all other important information about the show can be found on the 1st post on this thread. Here is the remaining schedule. These dates are approximate and are subject to change.

Sunday January 2nd, 2011. the coaches will face off in the coaches challenge. The type of game they will play will be a mystery until this point and may be determined by the moderator KC Cooper. The winning coach and each of his fighters will all receive a cash bonus to be determined later.Sunday Janurary 9th, 2011. The first round of fights take place. This date will be clarified once the org can book the show.Sunday January 16th, 2011. The second round of matchups are picked. Whichever team won the most fights in the first round will get the first pick. In case of a tie, use the same order as the first time matchups were picked. Unlike season 1 of BOTC, Losers of the first round will be eliminated from the main competition, but may be invited to participate in the wildcard consolation tournament. Sunday January 30th, 2011. The second round of fights take place.Sunday Feb 6th, 2011. The third round of matchups are picked. Whichever team won the most fights in the first round will get the first pick. In case of a tie, use the same order as the first time matchups were picked. Losers of the second round in the main tourney may be asked to join the consolation tourney (if there are less than 4 fighters who have not left the competion). Losers of the 2nd round of the consolation tourney will be eliminated from the competition.Sunday Feb 20th, 2011. The third round of fights take place. The fourth round of fights will be determined by the results of Round 3. There will be no need for coaches to set matchups.Sunday March 13th, 2011. The finale of both the main tourney and the consolation tourney takes place. This card will feature a title fight featuring the 2 finalists of the competition as well as the fight for the consolation title between that tourney’s finalists. This card may also feature the 3rd place main tourney fight, the 3rd place consolation tourney fight, and a coaches’ fight featuring one of each of their more experienced fighters.

I think we'll have the first round of fights on Jan 14th. We have plenty of openings on that card. We'll then push the later events back an equal amount of time.

Unless, someone has problems with it.

Ok, for the coaches challenge I am thinking of having the coaches pick one fight on the New Year's Day UFC card and each of them will have a fighter. Which ever coach has the winning fighter will receive the bonuses.

If this sounds lame (which I'm sure it is) let me know of what ideas you guys have for the coaches challenge.

Ok, for the coaches challenge I am thinking of having the coaches pick one fight on the New Year's Day UFC card and each of them will have a fighter. Which ever coach has the winning fighter will receive the bonuses.

If this sounds lame (which I'm sure it is) let me know of what ideas you guys have for the coaches challenge.

Sounds good to me, but I'd like to have us pick the entire card. Here are the fights. Let me know if that sounds good.

Main card

Lightweight Championship bout: Frankie Edgar (champion) vs. Gray Maynard

Middleweight bout: Chris Leben vs. Brian Stann

Light Heavyweight bout: Brandon Vera vs. Thiago Silva

Welterweight bout: Nate Diaz vs. Dong Hyun Kim

Lightweight bout: Clay Guida vs. Takanori Gomi

Preliminary card

Lightweight bout: Marcus Davis vs. Jeremy Stephens

Featherweight bout: Josh Grispi vs. Dustin Poirier

Middleweight bout: Phil Baroni vs. Brad Tavares

Featherweight bout: Mike Brown vs. Diego Nunes

Welterweight bout: Daniel Roberts vs. Greg Soto

Lightweight bout: Jacob Volkmann vs. Antonio McKee

OOC:

The BOTC Season 3 magazine will be available for download either today or tomorrow. Look for the link right here. Also look for the BOTC teaser trailer video to be released this weekend.

On a side note, this thread has gone dead since the draft. I'd look to see some of you guys talk some trash about the match-ups you've got coming up. I would post another RP, but I don't want to be the only guy being a loudmouth. Besides, I need you guys to give me some material to work with.

Thanks and Happy Holidays.

Sounds good to me, but I'd like to have us pick the entire card. Here are the fights. Let me know if that sounds good.

Main card

Lightweight Championship bout: Frankie Edgar (champion) vs. Gray Maynard

Middleweight bout: Chris Leben vs. Brian Stann

Light Heavyweight bout: Brandon Vera vs. Thiago Silva

Welterweight bout: Nate Diaz vs. Dong Hyun Kim

Lightweight bout: Clay Guida vs. Takanori Gomi

Preliminary card

Lightweight bout: Marcus Davis vs. Jeremy Stephens

Featherweight bout: Josh Grispi vs. Dustin Poirier

Middleweight bout: Phil Baroni vs. Brad Tavares

Featherweight bout: Mike Brown vs. Diego Nunes

Welterweight bout: Daniel Roberts vs. Greg Soto

Lightweight bout: Jacob Volkmann vs. Antonio McKee

That works for me. Both of you will pick the fighters you think will win and the manager with the better W-L record will win. In case of a tie, I can have the nutrition company I help run sen out sponsorships to one of the teams.

Devon Berto Jr. hangs out in the arcane room, practicing his party moves at the pool table, when Marcus Downes walks in with big ass ice cream in hand.

Devon: That s**t isn’t healthy for you Marcus.

Marcus: Ahhh someone sure is grumpy eh? Is the weight cutting taking its toll on you?

Devon: It’s an open weight tournament Marcus…

Marcus: Ohh yearh right…

Devon: Jesus Marcus….Get your head in the game man.

Marcus: I saw you were facing Logan Mitchell in the first round. What do you think about that matchup?

Devon: Logan seems to be a very one dimensional boxer.

Marcus: No offense, but his boxing seem to be crisper than yours…

Devon: Well, everyone looks crisp when hitting pads…

Marcus: True true. I still think it’ll be a mistake for you to stand and trade with him.

Devon: Well thank you very much Marcus. I really appreciate you doing the thinking for me…

Marcus: So you aren’t going to stand and trade with him then?

Devon: I’m afraid you’ll have to wait and see like everyone else.

Marcus: I see… Well gotta go before this ice cream melts away. Cya around.

Devon: I isn’t healthy man!

Main card - Buster's Pick - John's Pick

Frankie Edgar (champion) vs. Gray Maynard - Maynard - Edgar

Chris Leben vs. Brian Stann - Leben - Leben

Brandon Vera vs. Thiago Silva - Silva - Silva

Nate Diaz vs. Dong Hyun Kim - Diaz - Kim

Clay Guida vs. Takanori Gomi - Guida - Guida

Preliminary card

Marcus Davis vs. Jeremy Stephens - Stephens - Stephens

Josh Grispi vs. Dustin Poirier - Grispi - Grispi

Phil Baroni vs. Brad Tavares - Tavares - Tavares

Mike Brown vs. Diego Nunes - Brown - Brown

Daniel Roberts vs. Greg Soto - Roberts - Roberts

Jacob Volkmann vs. Antonio McKee - McKee - Volkmann

And the results for the coaches challenge from UFC 125 are in........................

John Doe - (7-3-1)............Winners: Volkmann, Roberts, Tavares, Stephens, Guida, Kim, Silva

Buster Gloves - (5-5-1)............Winners: Roberts, Tavares, Stephens, Guida, Silva

Winners of the bonus money............Team Happy Pills!!!!!!!

And the results for the coaches challenge from UFC 125 are in........................

John Doe - (7-3-1)............Winners: Volkmann, Roberts, Tavares, Stephens, Guida, Kim, Silva

Buster Gloves - (5-5-1)............Winners: Roberts, Tavares, Stephens, Guida, Silva

Winners of the bonus money............Team Happy Pills!!!!!!!

OOC: Buster better :notworthy:

Ok, money from the coaches' challenge has been sent to each fighter. Nick Lambose received $2000 (because he is the winning coach's fighter). Don't forget to show PWNAGE some love and spend some of that cash at the clothing shop in NY. Team Jerseys are back in stock and are only $19.50.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/products/1291228684teampwnageseason2.jpghttp://www.mmatycoon.com/images/products/1291228817teamhappypillsseason2.jpg

IC (The Gamer):

Downes: <running to talk to some one> Hey Mr. Lambose can I have a moment.

Lambose: Sure.

Downes: Have you heard what Casey has said to you?

Lambose: No, what did he say?

Downes: I'm gunna knock ya out Nickky Lambose!!!!!

Lambose: Nickky,what is he a child?

Downes: I don't think so :wacko:

Lambose: It's sarcasm, I should wear a shirt that says :poster_stupid: . Anyways Casey is like the first boss in any kid game.

Downes: How is he like that?

Lambose: He's super easy to beat. <Lambose walks away as Downes tries to understand what that has to do with MMA.>

Ray Management is being interviewed, the camera is focussed on him and the questions can't be heard but the answers can.

Ray : "Yeah, no problem of course."

Ray : "Well the weight difference is huge, he has 100lbs on me. I am sure to be quicker, he can't hurt me if he does not hit me."

Ray : "Of course, the strategy is planned and honed, it is just time to fight."

Ray : "Sure, any time, just ask."

Ray stands and calmly walks away.

Sarah Stone catches Daniel Musso in the hallway of the BOTC house.

Sarah: You've been difficult to track down, Daniel.

Daniel: I've been training pretty hard since I got here. I haven't been ducking the cameras on purpose.

Sarah: Do you have a plan of attack for your first fight with Ray Management?

Daniel: We have a strategy. I know many are seeing this as an easy fight because of my size advantage, but I'm not taking anyone here lightly.

Sarah: Any hints on what that strategy might be?

Daniel: I don't want to tip my hand too much, but I'm going to obviously find a way to use my reach and power to my advantage. Ray is very quick though. I have to stay focused and make my shots count.

Sarah: You don't sound very confident.

Daniel: I'm confident in what I can do, but this contest is full of unknown quantities. You just don't know what anyone's bringing to the fight until you see them in action. I certainly am not going to underestimate Ray's abilities. He's a very polished striker, so whatever perceived advantages or disadvantages there are, nothing is guaranteed here.

Sarah: Thanks for talking to us, Daniel. Good luck next Sunday.

<Thick mists shroud a wooded area as intrepid MMA reporter Sarah Stone makes her way through the darkness. She looks a little unsure and out of place in her reporter garb, but is determined to get an interview with the man she has been assigned to find. There is nothing else around, however, and an apprehensive Stone cannot help but do a startled jump and squeak when a branch snaps behind her…>

Stone: EEP!

<MMA prospect Mark Mann moves into the moonlight…>

Mark: So sorry Ms. Stone, I didn’t mean to frighten you.

<Stone composes herself.>

Stone: No problem Mr. Mann. I’m just here to get a few thoughts from you about your upcoming fight against fellow competitor Rocket Mann. I tried to track you down at the gym earlier, but a few of your training partners said you had ducked out early. Care to comment?

Mark: Nothing out of the ordinary. Sometimes I just like to come out here where it’s quiet, to be alone with my thoughts.

Stone: Are you sure that’s it? I mean a few of the other competitors have said this kind of behavior is not unusual for you. They say you’ve barely spent anytime in the mansion at all, that you spend the night out here in the woods surrounding the house.

Mark: Being out here, in nature, it just produces something in me that feels right, you know? Helps me relax. Makes me feel more wild more….more…dangerous!

<This last word is hissed through bared teeth. Mann has made his way right up to Sarah and stands looking down into her eyes, a menacing gleam in his eye. Stone notices and tries to move the interview along.>

Stone: Well, yes, I guess that makes sense. But what in particular have you been doing to prepare for your opponent?

Mark: I’m sticking with the skills that brought me this far. I pride myself in always being in fighting condition. One has to be if they’re to survive in the wild. Besides, I don’t think I have anything too much to be worried about from a guy named after an Elton John song do you?

<Stone opens her mouth to ask another question, but is cut off as Mann raises his hand. In the distance there is a howl. Mark’s head swings back and forth rapidly then with a growl and a bound he vanishes into the night leaving a bewildered Sarah Stone in his wake.>