Official UFC Camp League 2018

MasterLeader

I haven't updated the values yet guys ..waiting for the new rankings to be released

damn..Felder is in top #15 once again too ... :D
Anthony Smith is going to be Top 5 !

Btw they did trade Mighty Mouse right ? is it official? and Askren ?

I haven't updated the values yet guys ..waiting for the new rankings to be released

damn..Felder is in top #15 once again too ... :D

Anthony Smith is going to be Top 5 !

Btw they did trade Mighty Mouse right ? is it official? and Askren ?

Oh, I know. I was responding to Master Leader examining my roster; wasnt directed at you.

I dont think the UFC has announced Askren as their fighter yet.

With the season almost over, what are some of your best or worst picks or pickups this season.

My best by far was picking up Anthony Smith. I don't see him getting the belt or beating a Jones or Cormier but he has done very well.

Worst was Cain and we'll the list behind him is a long one

Drafting Myles Jury was a terrible pick. Only fighting once and getting nuked by Chad Mendes was the highlight of that pick lol.

Tonya Evinger let me down, but she's in the top 15 so it's not that bad.

ARTEM

And that's about it. I guess if Mark Hunt loses to Justin Willis then he would be a bad pick up but I doubt he loses.

With the season almost over, what are some of your best or worst picks or pickups this season.

My best by far was picking up Anthony Smith. I don't see him getting the belt or beating a Jones or Cormier but he has done very well.

Anthony Smith was an excellent pick

Best - Jon Jones (assuming he wins the title) or Dominick Reyes (from unranked prospect to #6, although hasnt had too much influence on my camp which is very diversified).

Worst - Maybe Derek Brunson, for $25,000 he already lost and is likely to lose to Adesanya so 0-2 is nowhere near worth it. Alternatively GSP, who isnt even fighting but for $10,000 he was a calculated risk.

PS - Gian Villante gets an infamous honourable mention. I never want to watch him fight again, so lethargic and unmotivated - 3 split decisions, he went 2-1 for my camp but couldve easily been 0-3.

Drafting Myles Jury was a terrible pick. Only fighting once and getting nuked by Chad Mendes was the highlight of that pick lol.

Tonya Evinger let me down, but she's in the top 15 so it's not that bad.

ARTEM

And that's about it. I guess if Mark Hunt loses to Justin Willis then he would be a bad pick up but I doubt he loses.

Guess my best would be Jessica Andrade or Robert Whittaker. Maybe Ricky Simon if he gets another fight and breaks into the top 15.

None of my guys were really consistent this season. Either they hardly fought or they alternated wins and loses.

Draft Comparison:

2017 draft:

Champions drafted: 6 (6.8%)

1-5 contenders drafted: 21 (23.9%)

6-10 contenders drafted: 24 (27.3%)

11-15 contenders drafted: 9 (10.2%)

Unranked fighters drafted: 27 (30.7%)

2018 draft:

Champions drafted: 2 (1.6%)

1-5 contenders drafted: 17 (13.7%)

6-10 contenders drafted: 19 (15.3%)

11-15 contenders drafted: 24 (19.4%)

Unranked fighters drafted: 62 (50.0%)

Average camp size

2017: 5.9 fighters

2018: 8,9 fighters

Average fighter worth

2017: $30.2k

2018: $20.2k

Average spent per manager

2017: $177.0k

2018: $178,9k

Just to remind those running it next year - a few people were concerned with how many fighters were picked during the draft.

Im not overly bothered, but I know in similar competitions there is a max number of fighters you can select - maybe if we restrict camp sizes to 10 fighters this could incentivise picking more champs/top 5 fighters. This would also free up opportunity to pick fighters later as the majority of the decent $10k fighters were mopped up in the draft.

Alternatively performance bonuses could be tweaked slightly towards higher values (e.g. $10k for champs, $9k top 5, $8k top 10, $7k top 15, $5k unranked)

I think the problem with limiting camp rosters is that people just don't fight as much anymore. I mean, has there been a champion in the ufc that has fought more than once this year? I think DC and Stipe are the only ones. Cyborg and Nunes are booked but that fight could fall apart.

In this era of money fights people at the top just wait around too much. And with how many shows the UFC puts on every year it's becoming clear that the only people fighting consistently are the unranked guys trying to break into the rankings fighting on the cards nobody cares about.

I think the only way to make people pick up higher ranked fighters is to increase their payouts.

If we try to limit the camps for next year then everyone will only have lower to unranked guys cause they are the only ones fighting.

I think the problem with limiting camp rosters is that people just don't fight as much anymore. I mean, has there been a champion in the ufc that has fought more than once this year? I think DC and Stipe are the only ones. Cyborg and Nunes are booked but that fight could fall apart.

In this era of money fights people at the top just wait around too much. And with how many shows the UFC puts on every year it's becoming clear that the only people fighting consistently are the unranked guys trying to break into the rankings fighting on the cards nobody cares about.

I think the only way to make people pick up higher ranked fighters is to increase their payouts.

If we try to limit the camps for next year then everyone will only have lower to unranked guys cause they are the only ones fighting.

If we limit camps, the minimum spend still remains so people are forced to pick higher ranked fighters.

Only other solution would be that each camp has to either have 1 camp or 2 top 5 fighters but thats seems pretty restrictive

I wouldnt want to change the flow of the game too much but a slight tweak is reasonable.

Best- probably Mendes, off the top of my head.

Worst- Burgos considering how high I took him.

Camp Value Rankings : ( UFC Official Rankings 31/10/2018)

1. Aylib : $440k (14 pts)
  2. Gonzasco : $440k (14 pts)
  3. MasterLeader : $420k (12 pts)
  4. LeonStolz : $380k (11 pts)
  5. RozzaD : $375k (10 pts)
  6. JLP : $355k (9 pts)
  7. The1rstSaint : $340k (8 pts)
  8. Timqwe : $305k (7 pts)
  9. NorthernNinjas : $290k (6 pts)
  10. Fallen.Angel : $290k (6 pts)
  11. Jacman : $280k (4 pts)
  12. Rei : $265k (3 pts)
  13. Humble : $235k (2 pts)
  14. TheyCallMeNeon : $185k (1 pts)

CAMP VALUES AND ROSTERS ARE UPDATED IN PAGE 2 AS WELL GUYS ....

Best pick/s :

-Raoni Barcelos ( won me a Camp rivalry, a finish and a POTN too )

-Aljamain Sterling ( according to his performance ...won me both the fights with 1 finish which could easily have been a POTN ... but he was an underdog among all the analysts and he won both the fights against the odds)

- Antonio Carlos Jr., Charles Oliveira, Islam Makhachev :- other mentions

Worst Picks:-

-Marcin Prachnio ( glad I got rid of him before he got KOed in his second fight)

-Abubakar Nurmagomedov ( didn't even fight ... and most probably won't be in the UFC thanks to nuggets)

-Marc Diakiese, Polyana Viana, Molly McCann ;- had high hopes

-Dmitry Poberezhets, Abdul Kerim-Edilov ( don't know what happened to them ... they aren't in the UFC or my camp anymore ... )

Expecting good things form Yair Rodriguez and the Russian Brock Lesnar, Sergey Pavlovich ;)

UFC 230: Cormier vs. Lewis

(Camp Gonzasco) Daniel Cormier [CHAMP] vs. Derrick Lewis (Camp Humble) - CAMP RIVALRY
(Camp NothernNinjas) Chris Weidman vs. Ronaldo Souza (Camp NothernNinjas)
(Camp Timqwe) David Branch vs. Jared Cannonier
(Camp MasterLeader) Karl Roberson vs. Jack Marshman
(Camp MasterLeader) Derek Brunson vs. Israel Adesanya (Camp Timqwe) - CAMP RIVALRY

Jason Knight vs. Jordan Rinaldi
Sijara Eubanks vs. Roxanne Modafferi
(Camp Jacman) Julio Arce vs. Sheymon Moraes
Ben Saunders vs. Lyman Good (Camp LeonStolz)

Matt Frevola vs. Lando Vannata (Camp Fallen.Angel)
(Camp Aylib) Shane Burgos vs. Kurt Holobaugh (Camp MasterLeader) - CAMP RIVALRY
(Camp Gonzasco) Brian Kelleher vs. Montel Jackson
(Camp RozzaD) Adam Wieczorek vs. Marcos Rogerio de Lima

Camp Gonzasco:

• Daniel Cormier [CHAMP] - 20k
  • Brian Kelleher - 2k

Camp Humble:

• Derrick Lewis [#2] - 10k

Camp NothernNinjas:

• Chris Weidman [#3] - 10k
  • Ronaldo Souza [#5] - 10k

Camp MasterLeader:

• Karl Roberson - 2k
  • Derek Brunson [#6] - 5k
  • Kurt Holobaugh - 2k

Camp Timqwe:

• Israel Adesanya [#9] - 5k

Camp Jacman:

• Julio Arce - 2k

Camp LeonStolz:

• Lyman Good - 2k

Camp Fallen.Angel:

• Lando Vannata - 2k

Camp Aylib:

• Shane Burgos - 2k

Camp RozzaD:

• Adam Wieczorek - 2k

Camp Timqwe:

• David Branch [#7] - 5k

I reread the draft and just saw guys commenting on the #s drafted, how it was more than the previous year. After Tim made that comment, he drafted for a few more rounds. So I don't think he was too concerned.

Regardless, changing the rules doesn't do much for the game. I think adding the finish stat probably led to an increase in fighters chosen.

I had the number 1 overall pick and my first two picks were fucking awful - Ngannou and Volkan. We all know how they turned out.

Ngannou still has the chance of a good KO and a POTN at China

Also, I want to get involved. I will purchase Adam Wieczorek for 10K

added