Just wanted to say:

Kanis

Congrats! I am glad to hear you are doing well. Not many get a second chance!

You said you set up for concerts, do you do a specific kind of music or just whoever hires? My family and I go to concerts a lot, that would probably be a fun job. We are going to see Pop Evil again in March I think, cant remember the date for sure, they are playing in Kansas City at a new place The Truman, it is pretty good. We went and seen Nothing More there in October.

• Upvote 1

I'm happy for you. Good job staying sobre man.

I quit weed like a year and 2 months ago and I only drink once in a while. I'm pretty sobre and I feel a lot better without weed fogging my head up. This site also has helped me in many ways like to motivate me to work out among other things.

Great to hear you doing well in game and IRL. Keep it up!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats! I am glad to hear you are doing well. Not many get a second chance!

You said you set up for concerts, do you do a specific kind of music or just whoever hires? My family and I go to concerts a lot, that would probably be a fun job. We are going to see Pop Evil again in March I think, cant remember the date for sure, they are playing in Kansas City at a new place The Truman, it is pretty good. We went and seen Nothing More there in October.

I generally work for the venue that is hosting the event. Setting up live events is the most satisfying job that I have ever held. There is really something to be said about investing the work to HEAR that crowd when it is "jacked and having a good time". The pinnacle of my career would have to be the 3 months spent at the Olympics in 2002 (making things defy gravity in negative temperatures, good times) . Next time you are at a show,. look above the stage to see where all of that sound, light and video is attached at the ceiling,..I am one of the spiders that make that happen. We are considered elite in the stage industry because not many want to do it =) . Rope rescue and climbing skills, tech and equipment are mandatory. Anyway, I am glad you enjoy the shows,..THAT is why we do it. Cheers.

• Upvote 1