The Story of Kenneth "The Nigerian Nightmare" Omeruo

http://mmatycoon.com/images/manager_avatars/1387919874avatar.png

Mark O'Sullivan

"It was a disappointing end to Kenneth Omeruo's time on The Island. I felt that Kenneth was suitably prepared going into that fight but it looks like I was wrong. It's weird that Kenneth Omeruo ended the season with a record of 8-3 as that's exactly what my Season 1 fighter Liam O'Connor finished the season with before the end of season tournament.

After the fight, we took some time to just sit and talk about Kenneth's future. We were packing up our bags getting ready to book our flight off The Island when the hotel room phone rang.

RING RING

RING RING

I answered it and to my surprise it was The Island organisers on the phone, they informed us that Kenneth Omeruo was ranked high enough to secure his place in the end of season finale. I put down the phone and told Kenneth Omeruo the news, his eyes lit up as if there was fire in them, as if my news was the fuel which turned a light spark into a mad blaze of a fire. "Let's down this shit" he said, looking me directly in the eye. I knew Kenneth was frustrated at his 2 recent fights. He wanted one last shot to prove himself as one of the best lightweights on The Island and he got it.

Good luck to everyone who's competing in the end of season finale and God help whoever's going to be facing Kenneth Omeruo in it!"

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13890303632114.png

Kenneth Omeruo
27 year old
155lbs
8-4

"I just want to let everyone know that I'm retiring from the sport of MMA. I had a bad ending to The Island and the step up from fighting on The Island to fighting in some of the cities throughout the world is probably too big for me to make.

I'm proud of what I achieved in such a short time during my stay on The Island. I was the very first Chaos Lightweight champion and I had the privilege (not sure if many would call it that) to be in the same cage as The Can who was one of the best Lightweight fighters this season.

I'm disappointed I didn't go out on a high and was frustrated at how my last couple of fights went. I've made more than enough money to keep me going and will be working to help raise the knowledge of the sport of MMA back in my home country in Nigeria, hopefully under my guidance, Nigeria will produce more quality MMA fighters.

Big thanks to everyone who has supported me throughout my career. I'm grateful for having so many fans and for them constantly coming to my fights, cheering me on. I also want to thank all the organisation owners who have given me the opportunity to fight in their org, though not Chaos' owner, he can go fuck himself.

Peace out"

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Kenneth Omeruo
27 year old
155lbs
8-4

" The Island was an amazing, life changing experience for myself. I've made enough money to keep myself going for a few years from fighting alone and I've set up my own gym back home in Nigeria, wont be long until we produce an MMA star! I'm glad there's plenty of kids training at my gym, it means they stay out of trouble and stay away from any of that gang bullshit which I got involved with when I was younger.

I loved the thrill of fighting but I felt I wouldn't be competitive outside of The Island as I did struggle against some of the guys I fought, The Can (16-5) being one of these fighters. I'm honoured that I had the chance to share the cage with him, he's done pretty well for himself outside of The Island, managed to catch his last fight at IMMA 42 where he TKO'd the other dude. Would be awesome for him to come in to the gym in Nigeria I coach at to help train the young fighters there.

I just want to wish all the fighters of The Island Season 3, the best of luck and I'm looking forward to seeing all sorts of fighters on The Island this year."

• Upvote 1

• 11 months later...

Kenneth Omeruo
32 year old
155lbs
8-4

" Congratulations to my younger brother Joseph Omeruo (1-0) who won his debut pro MMA fight at just 16 years old against a 25 year old. Proud to have seen him make a successful pro MMA debut. All the best brother, good luck with your training at Team Finland. "