140 IQ... Woot!

Warwynd

I would experiment with some SHIG for your 136 guy. I, personally would not go 100% with him. Chris Karter and Captain Spaulding both had 148s and that I think is just about as high as it gets. For them I would go 100% SHIG (but still set your sliders). For anything less than 145 or so, I would probably not go 100%. But that is just me, and I am very leery of SHIG

Something like 80% then?

How high would you reccomend going on SHIG for an intelligent fighter?

I am sacking fighters that pop intelligent on TOTT, because other hiddens are shit. Anyway, popping intelligent means that IQ is in some range (100-150, 110-150, 120-150, only Mike knows exactly how much points are needed for a hidden to show on TOTT), so without an IQ test you won't be able to exactly determine how much SHIG to use. You could start with 30-40% for sure and gradually increase it when your fighter gets more experience in fights, or when you see 140+ score on an IQ test. Personally, I am not afraid to use even 100% SHIG since it doesn't change so much - it can change only fight position sliders like try/break clinch, go to ground/stand up from ground etc. I believe that the common saying around those forums that SHIG changes all your sliders(striking included) is wrong, coming from the tycoon wiki explanation about SHIG:

During a fight, your fighter will assess how well he thinks he is doing in each area of the fight (standing, clinch and ground work). Depending on how intelligent and experienced he is, he may decide to change his gameplan. However, if you don't want him to change his gameplan at all, you can say so using this tactic slider. The only exception is if you tell your fighter to never do something (e.g. never go to the ground). If that's the case, no matter how badly he's doing in the other aspects of the game, he won't take it to the ground.

I am sacking fighters that pop intelligent on TOTT, because other hiddens are shit. Anyway, popping intelligent means that IQ is in some range (100-150, 110-150, 120-150, only Mike knows exactly how much points are needed for a hidden to show on TOTT), so without an IQ test you won't be able to exactly determine how much SHIG to use. You could start with 30-40% for sure and gradually increase it when your fighter gets more experience in fights, or when you see 140+ score on an IQ test. Personally, I am not afraid to use even 100% SHIG since it doesn't change so much - it can change only fight position sliders like try/break clinch, go to ground/stand up from ground etc. I believe that the common saying around those forums that SHIG changes all your sliders(striking included) is wrong, coming from the tycoon wiki explanation about SHIG:

During a fight, your fighter will assess how well he thinks he is doing in each area of the fight (standing, clinch and ground work). Depending on how intelligent and experienced he is, he may decide to change his gameplan. However, if you don't want him to change his gameplan at all, you can say so using this tactic slider. The only exception is if you tell your fighter to never do something (e.g. never go to the ground). If that's the case, no matter how badly he's doing in the other aspects of the game, he won't take it to the ground.

Oh sweet. Ill start utilizing that. Does SHIG experience from MMA carry over to KT and vice versa?

Oh sweet. Ill start utilizing that. Does SHIG experience from MMA carry over to KT and vice versa?

• 3 weeks later...