Arturo Atunes vs Devin Styles

bjornmma1

Atunes vs Styles  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the fight between Atunes and Styles?

• Arturo Atunes
    • Devin Styles

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14106007577414.png http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13945165273961.png

Arturo "Zico" Atunes vs "Furious" Devin Styles

Atunes is one hell of a motivated young fighter with a big pair of balls. Otherwise you wouldn't dare to call out Devin Styles. This is going to be an epic clash between two top fighters. Both have amazing KO-power, so it wouldn't be a surprise if this fight ends early.

10313513_1091565150869566_91159490794045

• Upvote 2

I think Arturo Atunes will take this one .Styles look like his best days or past and Atunes is the fighter of the future .i so confidence i a have 50k on Atunes if anybody whats styles

ill take that bet

Stu,

Atunes hasn't fought anything like the competition that Styles has fought, and that is down to him being 23, lest you should forget.

It is important for the community to understand that your bitterness when it comes to Atunes (though I believe frustration is part of your character, leading to those abusive outbursts) is down to you wanting your fighter Nem Sis , the current 185 SFC champ to fight Atunes.

But your hypocrisy is clear when you look at the journeymen 210k plus guys Sis has fought. He beat Diego Aragon a fighter I keep as a favour to Jeff Ramirez to pad out that division, but the Sis's last 3 title defences are against guys Aragon has recently defeated or beaten the man that beat the man in the case of Wolf.

When a division lacks depth I look for new challenges, such as taking a fight against the Hilo champ, or fighting the 150k Cornell champ.

On the contrary you really believe Atunes is going to fight Sis when the sum total of your efforts is to lob a few insults? If you knew me in RL you would realise you are hitting the hide of a rhino with a feather!

Why don't you ask Rad if he will let Jangles fight you non title 5 rounds in the SFC, Jeff will go for it. Giving up 50k to Lance should be a walk in the park for a killer like you.

When you step out of your comfort zone with Sis and take up that challenge, my camp will give you a 2nd thought.

Have a nice day, and I hope Sis can deliver (man up) and one day Atunes vs Sis can happen, until that day consider this justice a gift.

• Upvote 3

INTERVIEW WITH ARTURO " ZICO " ATUNES

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14106007577414.png

Arturo "Zico" Atunes

HOw does it feel to be back ?

Arturo "Its great to be back, the org is huge now compared to when I was champ here, but its over 3 years since I have fought for this org and it has changed a lot. It was sad when I had to leave, I was asked to vacate the title by the orgs owner because he didn't feel it was fair on the rest of the roster. I made 6 defences though so it was a sad day."

Steel "Yeh we have good memories, his debut fight at 17 against another striker the 25 year old K Rad. It was a tourney and we had no choice who Arturo fought but we were worried we had thrown him in too soon, but he demolished Rad and went on to dominate."

How did you get into MMA?

Arturo " I played soccer as a kid, and visited a gym with my brother and it went from there, but it wasn't until Mr Steel asked me to move to New York at 16 that I thought about having an MMA career."

Steel "Yeh, well in those days I was working with Jeff Ramirez, now the SFC boss and we took Butch Harris to Rio on a talent spotting holiday. Its common knowledge Jeff loves trannies so we didn't see too much of him, and Butch got arrested in a bar fight, so I wondered into a kickboxing gym and I see this scrawny kid holding his own against some big scary guys and actually rocking them, and I'm like, holy cow, this might be the one."

You have some great wins on your record but 2 surprise losses too, talk us through the highs and the lows Arturo.

Arturo "The Miller fight in May 14 was huge, Miller had beat Diego Aragon who I trained with then, so beating Miller was big. That guy is a talent for sure."

Steel "Yeh that was big but for me the Sackett fight was the one. I was trying to get Arturo a fight with the Umbrella champ managed by Sami Assasi, but even though Arturo was the SFC champ at 185 they said he hadn't beaten anyone! So I said to Ramirez, fuck this, give us Sackett, we will show everyone Arturo is the real deal.
Arturo demolished Sackett."

You made the decision to go to Hilo and fight Lopette, their 185 champ, another risky move?

Steel "We wanted another test, Lopette is top draw, a real stud, but it didn't work out, I feel we underestimated Lopette, and also got a bad decision."

Arturo "Yeh, I could have done more, I thought I could knock him out, but he was tough. He got some takedowns which he did nothing with, but the judges must have been impressed with lay and pray down there and he got the split. So I came back to the SFC and defended against Stapleton."

Steel "The 2nd Keller fight was much like the Lopette fight, I think we get complacent and that night Arturo got out worked, but we put that right in the Jangles fight."

Arturo "Yeh the Keller and Lopette losses made me realise I gotta take it these guys, make sure the judges have it clear, so in the Jangles fight I brought it."

What are your goals for 2015?

Arturo "I beat Styles and then take out Renato at 205, I become the world ranked number one fighter at 24 years old."

Steel "It a no lose situation, remember Arturo is 23, that's right just 23 years old and he has a fight with a legend like Styles! That's ridiculous. If Arturo loses, the world will know his name now and they will still say, what a talent, only 23 fighting Styles, already beaten Keller, Sackett and Jangles. Jangles is managed by Lance, he is at his peak and Arturo beat him. He can give Styles a fight, you better believe it."

Why did you call Styles out?

Arturo "To get noticed, Styles is a beast, him and Renato are the super stars of the sport. I beat Styles and I am elevated in one fight."

Steel "That's right, say we sign with EVO, we wont get a shot straight off, Arturo would be a kid in the ranks, and who knows, it might never happen for him.

This way everyone will know who Arturo Atunes is, that's the kid that 23 year old with 15 title fights, a 3 org champ across 2 weight divisions that has the balls to call out Devin fucking Styles. That's a fighter, 23 and not hiding in ID restricted orgs."

How is training camp going ?

Arturo "I am ready now, 2 or 3 weeks means nothing. Styles is ready now, we could go tomorrow."

Steel "This is history in the making, Arturo is ready, Styles will be a huge favourite, but its about fame. Arturo Atunes steps up on March 7 to create one of the biggest upsets in Tycoon history. Do not miss this!"

Do you have a message to the rest of your weight class?

Arturo "Yeh, man the fuck up. Am I the only fighter willing to take a risk? Take a look in the mirror, no one knows who you are for a reason, and most likely no one ever will."

Will we see you back later again at NYFN ?

Steel "Bjorn, if you can bring him the big fights then he will be back. If he wins, you get him Renato at 205 or Stormcrow at 170 and he will be back. Gain weight or cutting it, Arturo will fight them all."

Arturo "Yeh I would like to thank Styles for taking this fight, he is a true champ giving me this opportunity, and thanks to NYFN for putting this together."

• Upvote 4

Thats quite normal to step to next level after 7 years of training...

Honestly i have no idea is he worth hes record. He doesent have best chin, but has some KO power. He has faced a lot low chinned guys.

Good test for him anyway.

Renato accepts anyone whos good enought ranked, so feel free to sign Syn if you beat this and got ranking..

Stu,

Atunes hasn't fought anything like the competition that Styles has fought, and that is down to him being 23, lest you should forget.

It is important for the community to understand that your bitterness when it comes to Atunes (though I believe frustration is part of your character, leading to those abusive outbursts) is down to you wanting your fighter Nem Sis , the current 185 SFC champ to fight Atunes.

But your hypocrisy is clear when you look at the journeymen 210k plus guys Sis has fought. He beat Diego Aragon a fighter I keep as a favour to Jeff Ramirez to pad out that division, but the Sis's last 3 title defences are against guys Aragon has recently defeated or beaten the man that beat the man in the case of Wolf.

When a division lacks depth I look for new challenges, such as taking a fight against the Hilo champ, or fighting the 150k Cornell champ.

On the contrary you really believe Atunes is going to fight Sis when the sum total of your efforts is to lob a few insults? If you knew me in RL you would realise you are hitting the hide of a rhino with a feather!

Why don't you ask Rad if he will let Jangles fight you non title 5 rounds in the SFC, Jeff will go for it. Giving up 50k to Lance should be a walk in the park for a killer like you.

When you step out of your comfort zone with Sis and take up that challenge, my camp will give you a 2nd thought.

Have a nice day, and I hope Sis can deliver (man up) and one day Atunes vs Sis can happen, until that day consider this justice a gift.

This has nothing to do with Sis...

I believe your fighter to be a spud.. So very protective of you Steel... I believe Styles to be a better fighter - it was an opinion on this upcoming fight...

So take your little rant, wrap it up into a nice fat ball and jam it up your arse.

500K on Styles to win.... Any takers?

• Upvote 1

This has nothing to do with Sis...

I believe your fighter to be a spud.. So very protective of you Steel... I believe Styles to be a better fighter - it was an opinion on this upcoming fight...

So take your little rant, wrap it up into a nice fat ball and jam it up your arse.

500K on Styles to win.... Any takers?

100k on Atunes to win

Props to Atunes for wanting to step up and take on a challenging opponent. My money is on Devin Styles. I think a lot of people think his 8 KO's mean he's chinny and I happen to disagree with that notion.

First of all, I think you have to understand that it's a product of those higher weight classes. Those guys have more power to begin with and granite chins getting KO'd isn't all that uncommon due to gassing. I'm almost certain that all but 1 of his KO losses came while in a "gassed" state & look at the guys who KO'd him.

Renato twice - 22 KO's out of 25 wins

Diode - 20 wins 11 via KO (and he did it from the ground)

Grimmm - 32 wins 24 KO's

Kurtz - 13 wins 13 KO's

Hunter - 30 wins 21 KO's

Kalishnikov - 28 wins 25 KO's

I think it's pretty safe to say those guys are knocking out most people they fight considering combined in their careers they have about an 80% finish rate. Devin still has a granite chin which in most cases buys him enough time to leave opponents face down on the mat

I was surprised when Styles chin was questioned.

If a fight can generate discussion, get Stu insulting me and divide opinion then its a great fight for tycoonville.

If Atunes gets mashed so be it, but at least i got him the fight.

No one would give a rats ass if he fought Lopette, Sis etc.

I know all about Styles, Mike created him and he was a top manager and only had studs.

Still fancy our chances, hopefully Atunes can give him a war.

Yeah I have seen him referred to as chinny in a few other threads as well & possibly some Syn write-ups and always kind of laughed a little bit. I mean he's certainly far from being un-KO-able lol but still.

Unfortunately for Blunts and Styles, Tiago Renato has made him look like a very average fighter but he's the only guy that's been able to beat him in 11 fights. And he's fought a lot of top LHW and HW's. Styles seems to have poor Klatz number as he's 2-0 against Malkin and 1-0 against Hearts. Beaten Enemy and Corleone & Bennet when he was at his highest point. Hell even some of the HW's he's beaten is pretty impressive like Kyle Carlton, Daniel Silva and Brick Tires.

Renato going 3-0 against him seems to have made a lot of people dismiss him a little bit. Not saying that you have Steel, obviously you called him out because you view him as a big name. But I would view Atunes beating Styles as a pretty massive upset and based on the poll he seems to be a 2-1 favorite almost

Styles is favourite for sure, I'm under no illusions.

You are right, I went for a massive name who had no fight booked.

There was no scouting or belief of a weakness in Styles just a high profile opponent to spark my interest.

Yeah good luck dude. I remember getting my first real high profile fight in Tycoon and it's pretty exciting.

Kauffman vs. the 21-0 Snake the Penduluum & I was pretty well stoked for that fight - maybe you'll have better luck w/ the ending then I did lol