EPL 8

JLP

Standings have been updated and all fight offers sent. The top half of the standings are really getting some separation from the bottom half. Three real big fights next week, Flay vs Beast, Teimosa vs Boris and DeVanzo vs Hale. Six of the top seven fighters are in those three contests. That makes for a real good opportunity for lower ranked fighter to make up some ground with a finish as three of the top seven will not be getting any points next week.

Ladies and gentlemen, after 1:16 of round 1, we have a winner by way of KO (Punch). Cormac Gutz!
Cormac Gutz was full of energy after the big win and talked about how he thinks he can do big things in this sport. The crowd were appreciative of his determination to succeed.
The defeated Bastien Harris had this to say: 'After this loss i think i will go home and hang myself now , goodbye'.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/13866819271700.jpg

Bastien Harris

"Unfortunately this was my 6th attempted suicide, Ronda Rousey aint got shit on me!!!"

• Upvote 1

can't believe thrul goes for a takedown his first move and the entire 10 mins is spent on the ground what a joke. I needed a KO to get within striking distance of the playoffs

Your fighter just sucks donkey balls nothing you can really do :lol: . He only fighting for pride now .He need to get at least a point otherwise it will be total embarrassment :blush:

There will still be some movement in the playoff seedings 1-7, but the 8th seed is open to 4 fighters depending on their outcomes next week:

8. Alexandr Nikitin 7 (Nikitin would get tie-breaker over Crash due to head to head victory)

-----------------------Playoff Qualifiers-----------------------------------

9. Dickie Crash 7

10. Gary Grice 6.5

11. Aznar Thrul 6

Nikitin is the frontrunner, he holds the spot now and has a match against last place Justin Hall. With a finish he clinches the spot, a decision win or a loss opens him to being passed by any of the three fighters directly below him.

Crash faces Hale, who is still jockeying for playoff position. Crash needs a win or draw and a Nikitin loss due to Nikitin defeating him in their head to head matchup. Crash defeated Thrul and lost to Grice in head-to-head matches.

Grice got back into contention by stopping Crash last round. Grice faces first place Beast in the final round, so he has a tough road to travel to get into the playoffs.

Thrul is a long shot at this point. Realistically he needs a finish in the final round and hasnt shown much finishing skills so far.

• Upvote 1