Fighter of the week profile

bjornmma1

Fighter of the week

http://i58.tinypic.com/dexwdk.jpg

"The Godfather" Don Marciano

The winner of the fighter of the week needs no introduction, but lets give it a shot anyway.

Don Marciano is a legend. It's that simple. In my eyes, he is the MMA Tycoon G.O.A.T.

Born in Sicily, Marciano was linked with the Cosa Nostra from a very young age. He is a badass bareknuckle brawler and has made a huge name for himself with him amazing KO power. Another thing, he is the only fighter ever to reach number one p4p ranking in both MMA and KT! What a huge achievement that is!

He has been the champion in numerous orgs; Sauna Fights, Sydney Fight League, EMPIRE, EVO, Dynasty and EFFA. He has fought his entire career with the big boys and he fought both at HW and SHW.

After defeating Dean Gibson, Don Marciano became the EFFA 265+ champion. He would go on to defend his title 3 times succesfully , all (t)KO finishes, before he faced off against Sher Shah Suri. Known for his amazing KO power and brilliant chin, this fight had all the characteristics of a megafight. What followed shocked the world, as the 40year old Don Marciano lost by (t)KO in the first round. A perfect right hand of Suri landed flush just before the 3 minute-mark, and Marciano couldn't get up on time, so the fight was stopped. Knowing that he had just fought an absolute legend, Suri was ok with doing a rematch directly and the two were booked for a new fight.

The highly anticipated rematch happened on the 15th of August. It was a dominating performance by Don Marciano, that got him his hand raised at the end of the fight. He won a clear unanimous decision victory and reclaimed his gold. The big win in the rematch made him the fighter of the week and I know that's not one of his highest esteemed titles, but I hope that he still is happy with it. Big congrats to one of my favorite fighters of all time and it's great to see that there will be a 3rd fight between Don and Sher. The fight is already booked and will take place the 4th of September, for the EFFA 265+ belt. Good luck to both guys and I can't wait to see how it will go this time! Just a quick reminder, KT is fucking awesome and guys like Don Marciano and Sher Shah Suri are the living proof of that! Join the revolution and get yourself a few KT fighters as well.

• Upvote 8

Fighter of the week

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/17/17b6.jpg

Renan St Juste

Once again a man who hardly needs any introduction to the MMA fans around the world. This week was a week with a lot of nominations and a lot of them were very interesting ones. It wasn't easy to pick the fighter of the week this time, but awarding Renan St Juste the fighter of the week title is justified for sure. As always, I will give you guys a short roundup of his career so far and then will go on to explain how he won the title of 'fighter of the week' this week.

St Juste started his career under the management of Alkaid Goodwin. In his pro debut, he suffered a loss, but also showed to have a granite chin. He had two more fights with his manager for some reason decided to leave him alone. His isn't a manager anymore, but if he would be , I'm sure he is fuming about his stupid decision to let go of this amazing fighter. Renan quickly became the 170lbs champion in EFC before he would go on and win the 170lbs belt in Generic MMA as well. After a majority decision loss, he got offered a contract at GAMMA and Renan decided that it was a good offer and accepted it. The rest is history, as he became a legend very quickly and is a very loyal GAMMA fighter. He did some superfights in other orgs , but the amount of fights he has had at GAMMA is amazing. He is the longtime 170lbs champion and has been a nearly unstoppable force the entire time. In his fights outside the org, he had some great results as well, as he won a decision over Patrick Jane, finished Kisuke Urahara with strikes, defeated Igor Yakovchenko by decision and knocked out Shinichi Onizuka in spectacular fashion. After St Juste returned from his last two superfights, he defended his belt in style vs Ray Lewis. All of those wins are very impressive, but his last fight was the icing on the cake if you ask me.

On the 22nd of August 2015, Renan St Juste faced off against Fernando Alves. The challenger boosted an impressive 24-5 record and all of those 5 losses came by decision. Renan St Juste did the unimaginable and stopped Alves with a one punch KO! After he countered quickly with a huge head kick that knocked Alves down, he rocked him again a few seconds later and once again landed a huge head kick. The ultratough Alves still wasn't finished, but then St Juste faked the body shot , causing Alves to drop his hands, and a brutal left hook ended the fight after just 1'35 of the first round.

Renan St Juste proved once again to the world what an elite fighter he really is and is now ranked 5th P4P. He will be facing Cormac Gutz on 12 September 2015 in another epic fight. I want to wish Renan all the best in this fight and it would be brilliant to see him get back to the number one p4p rank once again. Congrats on becoming the fighter of the week, altough that title might not mean all that much for such a legendary fighter with such an impressive record. Hopefully he appreciates the prize anyway.

Thanks for all the nominations and I look forward to what this week will bring !

Bjorn

• Upvote 4

Fighter of the week

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/17/17b6.jpg

Renan St Juste

Once again a man who hardly needs any introduction to the MMA fans around the world. This week was a week with a lot of nominations and a lot of them were very interesting ones. It wasn't easy to pick the fighter of the week this time, but awarding Renan St Juste the fighter of the week title is justified for sure. As always, I will give you guys a short roundup of his career so far and then will go on to explain how he won the title of 'fighter of the week' this week.

St Juste started his career under the management of Alkaid Goodwin. In his pro debut, he suffered a loss, but also showed to have a granite chin. He had two more fights with his manager for some reason decided to leave him alone. His isn't a manager anymore, but if he would be , I'm sure he is fuming about his stupid decision to let go of this amazing fighter. Renan quickly became the 170lbs champion in EFC before he would go on and win the 170lbs belt in Generic MMA as well. After a majority decision loss, he got offered a contract at GAMMA and Renan decided that it was a good offer and accepted it. The rest is history, as he became a legend very quickly and is a very loyal GAMMA fighter. He did some superfights in other orgs , but the amount of fights he has had at GAMMA is amazing. He is the longtime 170lbs champion and has been a nearly unstoppable force the entire time. In his fights outside the org, he had some great results as well, as he won a decision over Patrick Jane, finished Kisuke Urahara with strikes, defeated Igor Yakovchenko by decision and knocked out Shinichi Onizuka in spectacular fashion. After St Juste returned from his last two superfights, he defended his belt in style vs Ray Lewis. All of those wins are very impressive, but his last fight was the icing on the cake if you ask me.

On the 22th of August 2015, Renan St Juste faced off against Fernando Alves. The challenger boosted an impressive 24-5 record and all of those 5 losses came by decision. Renan St Juste did the unimaginable and stopped Alves with a one punch KO! After he countered quickly with a huge head kick that knocked Alves down, he rocked him again a few seconds later and once again landed a huge head kick. The ultratough Alves still wasn't finished, but then St Juste faked the body shot , causing Alves to drop his hands, and a brutal left hook ended the fight after just 1'35 of the first round.

Renan St Juste proved once again to the world what an elite fighter he really is and is now ranked 5th P4P. He will be facing Cormac Gutz on 12 September 2015 in another epic fight. I want to wish Renan all the best in this fight and it would be brilliant to see him get back to the number one p4p rank once again. Congrats on becoming the fighter of the week, altough that title might not mean all that much for such a legendary fighter with such an impressive record. Hopefully he appreciates the prize anyway.

Thanks for all the nominations and I look forward to what this week will bring !

Bjorn

thie higlighted part made me lol a bit, i read it twenty tooth haha

overall a great read though, what an awesome career this guys has had

Renan is a beast

Renan is arguably the most consistent top 170lbs fighter in history. He has been in and out of the top 10 for 2 1/2 years now. He has also never been KOed in his 67 fight career! I am not sure that is possible considering the opposition he has faced.

Agreed Renan is a beast.

• Upvote 2

Fighter of the week

http://i57.tinypic.com/1h5z5d.jpg

"Killer" Kyle Carlton

This american HW sensation needs little introduction to MMA fans worldwide as he is know to be one of the toughest SOB's around.

He has always been a huge star with his first manager, Andy Mugler, who parted ways with his fighter after losing the gamma title and not being able to get it back in the immediate rematch. It was a moment that Bradley Burns took advantage of, as he was able to sign Kyle Carlton to his roster of fighters and has managed him ever since.

Kyle started his career in dominating and destructive fashion, but going 14-0 with all 14fights being finishes as well. He then joined Gamma, but lost his fight. He wouldn't let that loss bother him , as he would go on to win the UGP, MLC, EMP, EVO, Gamma and CFC title. HIs is still the CFC champion as we speak. Kyle has good some amazing opponents, but has slaughtered most of those as well. A few very impressive wins of his 'early' career ( with Andy Mugler) are his wins over Fidel Duberry , Ryo Narushima , Brick Tires , Lan Mandragoran, Willy Stoppers and Don Marciano. Standing 192cm tall and weighing 273lbs, Kyle Carlton seems to have unmatched KO power as he has won all of his 38 career victories by by (t)KO and has KO'd some of the toughest granite chins out there.

After his top notch career with Andy Mugler, a time were he even reached the number one p4p rank, he would sign a deal with Ascension. In his debut, he made short work of Dr. Schultz and put him away in less than 3 minutes. His next fight was for the CFC title and he made even shorter work of his opponent. After his return to ascension, he slipped over a banana peel in the cage and lost the fight. It might have been a skateboard also, but who knows, it was a strange day that day ... It didn't really matter all that much as he won his next 3 fights in dominating fashion once again. He could have been the FOTW not long ago with a great win, but this week's win made him gain the title now .

Dr. Schultz was on a 3 fight winning streak going into the fight and was desperate to get another shot at Kyle. Its hard to say that the fight wasn't as brutal as the first time as it really was. He finished the fight 1 second earlier than last time and everyone in the stadium was wondering if that was on purpose and if he had waited for that time. He had claimed that the fight would be identical before the fight, so those rumors could have some truth to them. I asked him in the post fight press conference and you know what he said? Well, he said that his coach yelled 'nooow!!' and that he then throw the perfect big right hand to finish the fight. Maybe Bradley wasn't checking his timepiece correctly or a small error happened, but the fight was stopped a second earlier. I heard that the evening after the fight, Bradley was seen in an ambulance and mumbling ' shit, just one second man...'.

We wish this crazy big hitter best of luck in his scheduled fight at EVO vs Scott Norton and hope that you will get your hand raised once again and can go on to fight those select few at the top that you are hunting down.

Congrats on becoming FOTW, altough I guess that is only a sidenote to such an impressive career...

Sorry that I posted it a few days later, but I had a bit of a crazy week. I hope that the write-ups or fun and enjoyable for you all!

-Bjorn-

• Upvote 4

Bjorn, how were you able to post his picture?

Remember I asked you to do it before for me and it wouldn't work for either of us?

Just wondering man...

The extension of the original avatar isn't allowed on the forum, so I saved it on my laptop and changed the extension to .jpg and then uploaded it here with tinypic.com ;)

• Upvote 1

Fighter of the week

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14405554625954.jpg

Mellow Mood

A young lion has taken the title of fighter of the week this week. Only 26 years old, but already in the top 10 at 265+ and he is the MFN champion. Add to that a 18-3 record with 13 (t)KO wins and only one loss by (t)KO, then you know that we have a special fighter on our hands.

As to why he is called 'Mellow Mood', there are two stories. One legend says that when his mother have birth to him in Kingston, that there was a song from Bob Marley playing on the background called ' Mellow Mood' A second story says that when his parents were getting it on in bed, that the same song was playing and that because of the passionate moment, they called him like the song. All I know is that his name is a bit deceiving because he is not as mellow as his name suggests once the cage door locks behind him.

Mellow started his MMA career by losing his first fight by submission in the first round. Not a great start one could say, but he showed a good chin and was still happy and eager to continue after the loss. He received a few contract offers and decided that the offer from Warzone was the best one for him. He would go on to win his first 8 fights at the org before facing setbacks against Jaako Meritähti and Lucas Lodano. He didn't let those losses hurt him as he would go on to win another 4 fights before getting the title shot against the famous Roosevelt Coleman. Mellow put on an amazing show in that fight and really dominated his ultratough opponent. His amazing record and fights made him a very wanted man and in the end Epicity was the org that was able to sign him. He received an immediate title shot and didn't disappoint. He stopped his opponent in the 4th round to crown himself the Epicity HW champion. Mellow his reign didn't stop there as he would go on to win his next 3 title defenses as well. The org closed and Mellow was contacted by a ton of orgs to try and sign him.

MFN is the new home of Mellow Mood and he was awarded an immediate title shot against the elite fighter Andrei Keriskov, known as one of the top level big boys from scottish top manager Dean Sutherland. What Mellow did to him was nothing but spectacular. It took him only 1'13 to stop one of the most feared fighters on planet earth. Kersikov missed a bodyshot and Mellow countered with a massive head kick that knocked Andrei Kersikov out cold. You can see the reply of the fight here if you want. It's well worth watching/reading! Amazing job and a more than deserved fighter of the week!

Congratulations Mellow and your manager Sonny Muchacho ! We wish both all the best in your careers!

• Upvote 5