Is counter clinch working?

JakeF

I just had a fight where my fighter was 55% aggressive and had 50% counter clinch. In 25 mins. he made 1 unsuccessful clinch attempt after 50+ unsuccessful strike attempts by his opponent. This totally failed my gameplan because I knew I would beat him in the clinch..

This is the fight. Yes, I was fully aware that he will destroy me with kicks from distance and this is why I wanted to bring the fight to the clinch. But guess there are some slider glitches that I am unaware of.

How could be 55% too high? Opponent obviously had more aggression and this is why i set so high counter clinch percentage. Unlucky would have been if tried a lot, but missed all of them. This what happened is weird, idc bout the fight outcome but i wanna understand the engine. Guess i will never rely on counter clinches again. Show me one fight where are many counter clinch attempts.

But you have the time to post useless stuff? I really doubt he predicted clinches since he was making clinch attempts too. If the problem was with energy, my fighter should have made some attempts in the beginning of the fight and then stop after getting winded.

He made 1 attempt. He probably had it to like 3% to make him less predictable.

Even in the beginning of round 1?

Not at first, reason you got a counter attempt on the 2nd move of the fighter: Stoimenov swings away with a counter right hand but no contact made.

Then he got the clinch, which you shouldn't have gotten behind during the actual clinch part but once it breaks:

A shot in the inside from Stoimenov.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/breakclinch.gif

Hackett pushes off and circles away, back to the middle of the mat.

Stoimenov uses good footwork to get in and out and land a nice right hand before Hackett has time to react.

Hackett scores with a kick to the body. (body kick)

Stoimenov ducks down and throws a hook to the body.

Hackett lands a pitter patter jab to the forehead of his opponent.

Stoimenov ducks under an overhand right and circles away with a smile on his face.

Stoimenov wants to counter the offense by Hackett and move into the clinch position. (Your 2nd to last counter attempt in fight I think)

Stoimenov lands a jab to the nose.

Crunch! Hackett slams his shin into Stoimenov's torso. (body kick)

Hackett throws a body kick that sends a sickening thudding noise reverberating around the arena. (body kick)

Stoimenov looks winded! (your behind now a fair amount)

The rest is pretty much self explanatory as it takes too long to read and go thru the whole fight. This says a lot right here on your energy level =Body kick: 56 (47)

Yeah, let's say that the energy was the problem. The thing that bothers me is that I got like 20 text lines or even more that my fighter wants to counter clinch or wants to close the distance etc. but only 1 actual attempt. I can bet that if it was 50% counter takedown there would have been like 15-20 attempts, which is weird.

P.S.: Please show me one fight where there are at least 5 counter clinch attempts, I wanna see it working so I could be using the option in the future. While browsing my fighters' fights I couldn't find any proof that they were making counter clinch attempts.

Just checked that fight and one thing seems really weird to me. Stats show 13 total clinch attempts by Vip, but when I started counting the clinch attempts in pbp lines, I got like 11-12 aggressive clinch attempts and 3-4 counter clinch attempts. Maybe I will sacrifice 1 fight this week to make more tests with counter clinch.

missed counters don't show on ToTT only counts successful ones

Sounds reasonable, but in my fight my fighter has 1 missed clinch attempt and I believe it comes from that line:

Stoimenov wants to counter with a clinch but Hackett pushes him away.

Can't be offensive clinch attempt since my fighter was 100% follow my orders with 0% aggressive clinch. Seems like it counts some lines as failed counter clinch attempts, but ignores some other lines.