EA sports UFC : Why not for PC? !

bjornmma1

UFC game for PC  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Should EA sports have also made a PC version of the UFC game?

• Yes! that would actually be very nice!
    • No, it's not necessary.

now they released WWE game for PC .. I hope they'll do the same with the UFC games as well

I doubt... WWE is 2k. While UFC is EA sports. From EA's track record they don't listen to their fan base. Just look at NBA Live. They thought no one could go against their basketball game then NBA 2k came along and shit on their faces.

I was absolutely GUTTED when I found out it wasn't on PS3, but to be fair it doesn't look that great. EA MMA was way too simple and it looks pretty similar. That "press X to takedown, press O to counter" shite was too simplistic. It was much less about timing and more about pressing a button.

Undisputed is still awesome. None of them are as technical as Fight Night but I'd rank it...

1. Fight Night Champion

2. UFC Undisputed 3

3. EA UFC (By watching online)

Like I done a tournament with my brother on Undisputed yesterday, first time in ages after switching back to FN. Fights were Condit Vs Hardy, GSP Vs Dunham, Anderson Vs Hendo and Serra Vs Gracie. Every fight was technical in it's different ways. Condit completely outstruck Hardy, Dunham brought it to GSP but was too slow and lacking power, Anderson tried to hang on the ropes and be flashy but couldn't avoid the H-Bomb, Serra couldn't keep it striking with Gracie and struggled to a losing decision, GSP struggled with Condit's reach but managed to work in wrestling, Hendo was brought into a grappling match with Gracie and edged out a decision, then Hendo destroyed GSP in seconds. Loved how everything was so versatile and went everywhere. In Undisputed, the more you play the more you learn too. Like now when I'm on my back, I'll use my heel into their leg. I'll try and put them in the clinch and transition to the back on the cage to knee the face and legs etc. When you're on your back you can nearly win the fight by controlling their posture from the non-clinch guard and landing downward elbows. Loads of interesting little aspects. I wish creating a fighter gave you more options though. Like Anderson's stomp and side knee kicks or Dan Hardy's body side kick etc. Should have put them in and took out submission reversals which no one has ever used.

This is a tendency I also see happening on newer PC games. Less setting customization leading to the need of always having the latest system. There is no reason for a less graphic oriented version not running on PS3 anyway.

I dunno... Skyrim had enough room to maneuver depending on your rig. There were base levels of graphics.. but you could really tweak what you needed too depending on your system. iRacing is the same way, full on with 40 cars drawn can start giving the system a workout but you can still get rid of crowds and background shit while keeping important things... like the other cars.

As far as why not for PC? Time and money is the simple answer. They only have to code for a few incredibly specific hardware implementations and API's. When you are pumping out a "new" game every year it's much easier to take all your graphics code, adjust it slightly for anything new then plunk it down in the build. Where as if you are coding for a PC you have two video card manufacturers with very different driver code and card capabilities. Then you have Windows operating system differences (7 vs 8 vs now 10) along with DX 11 code changes. If you don't have the people to do this already in enough quantities then you have to go out and higher, train, code, etc which makes things tougher on a year game cycle. Not to mention most PC users won't just buy a new game for the sake of you changing 14 to 15 so you are stuck supporting what you consider legacy code but having to evolve it as driver changes at the various levels are made (video, DX, OS, etc).

As far as why not for PC? Time and money is the simple answer. They only have to code for a few incredibly specific hardware implementations and API's. When you are pumping out a "new" game every year it's much easier to take all your graphics code, adjust it slightly for anything new then plunk it down in the build. Where as if you are coding for a PC you have two video card manufacturers with very different driver code and card capabilities. Then you have Windows operating system differences (7 vs 8 vs now 10) along with DX 11 code changes. If you don't have the people to do this already in enough quantities then you have to go out and higher, train, code, etc which makes things tougher on a year game cycle. Not to mention most PC users won't just buy a new game for the sake of you changing 14 to 15 so you are stuck supporting what you consider legacy code but having to evolve it as driver changes at the various levels are made (video, DX, OS, etc).

It is actually a lot simpler than that; EA do not like producing sport PC games.

FIFA which i think we can all agree is EA's most reliable seller has traditionally done fucking awful on the PC (because they fucking suck at making video games period). You take FIFA's fan base, divide it by 100 and you might get what the UFC sells on consoles. Then you take into consideration that fighting games are traditionally button smashing games and the MMA and boxing games that EA have produced rely heavily on the analog sticks. As the Doctor says it would take a lot of work and EA don't like putting an awful lot of effort into computer games anyway.

PC games have their certain selling points as do console games. Sports games usually suck on the PC and the same can be said about strategy games on consoles. There are very few successful cross over games such as Skyrim for example which has paved the way for Elder Scrolls Online to cross over. Dota, LoL and the likes would not cross over well, i believe there are a game called Smite which is similar to these games which is trying to cross over (mostly because one of their studio heads is a former Halo Pro and convinced them to try).

Anyway what i am trying to say is that console gaming and pc gaming are two different things with their own superior games and the two should never try to cross paths with each other because it usually leads to the game sucking on one platform while being good on another.

Anyway what i am trying to say is that console gaming and pc gaming are two different things with their own superior games and the two should never try to cross paths with each other because it usually leads to the game sucking on one platform while being good on another.

That's only 100% true in the PC --> Console direction, with the comment that a PC without a controller of some kind attached is only half a gaming PC. The lack of local multiplayer on a PC is the only real loss.

You're dead right when you said EA doesn't like producing sports PC games, or perhaps it's more accurate to say that their sports division doesn't like producing PC games.

Online Multiplayer killed my favourite aspect of gaming, actual multiplayer.

I 100% agree with that. I remember the old CIV games, Total War 2 (Middle ages one) and Risk in hotseat mode, they were awesome. I am not sure if a legit hotseat game has come out on the PC in the past 10 years and online multiplayer is the main reason.