TUF 17: Jones vs Sonnen

Good pick by Jones.....

In his defense he didnt have 3 month notice and Greg Jackson to break down the fight and create a game plan. Who can coach under these condition! :winner:

Dustin Hazelett? I only called BS because you said he was racking up sub of the night awards like crazy and those are the only guys that have a bunch of them

ahaha idiot :D you got owned by brainsmasher :D

• Downvote 2

Fight 2 (Sonnen Pick)

Adam Cella vs Uriah Hall

Really looking forward to this fight and it's going to be a KO which was confirmed by Dana White (apparently a nasty one too!). Uriah Hall looked very impressive in his fight to get into the house, don't remember much about Adam Cella's fight if I'm honest but he has a chance, you know what they say - anything can happen!

Perhaps we'll see Bubba McDaniel vs Kevin Case later in the season as cause Bubba called out Kevin in episode 2.

What a crazy KO from Uriah Hall. Think that's KO of the year already. :notworthy: Think he's got a great chance of winning TUF this year. Him vs Clint Hester in the final perhaps. Uriah Hall's stand up is really impressive though Adam Cella was doing quite well. Can't wait to see Uriah Hall's next fight in TUF. Would love it if it was Josh Samman and Uriah actually said he wanted to fight him next. Could see Josh having a mental breakdown if he was having to fight Uriah.

Starting to like Chael Sonnen a bit more after seeing him on this seasons TUF, before I just seemed him as a general cocky arrogant asshole but he actually does seem like a nice guy and a good coach.

Team Jones

Clint Hester

Josh Samman

Bubba McDaniel

Gilbert Smith

Colin Hart

Adam Cella

Dylan Andrews

Team Sonnen

Luke Barnatt (W)

Uriah Hall (W)

Zak Cummings

Tor Troeng

Jimmy Quinlan

Kevin Casey

Kelvin Gastelum

Fight 3 (Sonnen Pick)

Colin Hart vs Kevin Casey

Surprised Sonnen didn't let Bubba fight Kevin cause it did look like Kevin was pretty pissed at Bubba calling him out. The majority of Colin's wins have came via submission, the majority of Kevin's wins have also game from submission so I wouldn't be surprised if we see this fight being mainly a ground fight. However I also noticed both of Kevin's losses have came via TKO/KO, one of these was former UFC fighter Matt Lindland. Maybe we could see a Colin Hart KO win?

Fight 3 (Sonnen Pick)

Colin Hart vs Kevin Casey

Surprised Sonnen didn't let Bubba fight Kevin cause it did look like Kevin was pretty pissed at Bubba calling him out. The majority of Colin's wins have came via submission, the majority of Kevin's wins have also game from submission so I wouldn't be surprised if we see this fight being mainly a ground fight. However I also noticed both of Kevin's losses have came via TKO/KO, one of these was former UFC fighter Matt Lindland. Maybe we could see a Colin Hart KO win?

Kevin is the best grappler in the house. I see him winning via sub in Round 2

by the way it looks like. sonnen collected better team

Hard to say. At this point Chael has just picked the better match ups because he is smart and knows what figths not to make and who to avoid. Basically anyone who isnt a moron could run the tables early with match up control. Its when the easy fights are gone we see who the best fighters are. Eventually you have to deal with the best fighter and not avoid him. Thats when we see whats up. Just hard to say right now. If Jones has GSP on his team. Chael would have picked everyone except him to fight so far. Jones could still have the best fighter or two. But even if that is the case. Everyone can be beat it Chael having control and being able to cherry pick what style to throw at said best guy. Is a huge advantage.