Raise physical cap to 175

Mooncutter

The problem with the physicals that has always been and never goes away is thay you NEED almost maxed out physicals to compete at the highest level. You can't go 120 on physicals and have knees in the clinch instead. No. If you do that you lose.

Each point is the physicals have too much VALUE. To dilute this value slightly, raise the cap to 175. Maxing out a physical now requires quite a bit more points. The improvement speed has to be recalibrated obviously.

This would bring diversity in the physicals, instead of everyone maxing everything out. Think about it like this: there HAS to be a Clay Guida in this game. A guy that doesn't have overwhelming skills but overwhelms you with his CONDITIONING. The sheer pressure that comes from insane cardio.

If you hesitate, make Strength and Cardio to 175 at least. Where does Clay Guida fit into this game? Think about it like that.

Also, more points in physicals would allow for keeping fighters with lower training speeds. As it is now, every top manager just sacks the guys with low training speed. In a perfect world, it's not like that. I would also like to see a "conditioning" hidden that you can improve by 30 points if you want, but that's another story.

If you have a "cardio" hidden and a "strength" hidden. Which as 150 points improves your strength by another 15%. Each 10 points is 1 percentage points. We all wants these freaks on nature to be possible in the game. These guys that don't have the highest skills but out-muscle most opponents.

Am I on to something or am I on to something?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I like the idea of some guys being more fit and strong than all the others. As it is all top guys are elite in all physicals, just some are elite ++ and some are elite —, not a huge difference.

But Mike is working on a separate physical cap, he has been talking about it for months if not years! So soon you won’t be able to get all elite, some will have to be exceptional, maybe wonderful. You can get your cardio beast if you want, at the expense of speed or agility or balance or flexibility.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I like the idea of some guys being more fit and strong than all the others. As it is all top guys are elite in all physicals, just some are elite ++ and some are elite —, not a huge difference.

But Mike is working on a separate physical cap, he has been talking about it for months if not years! So soon you won’t be able to get all elite, some will have to be exceptional, maybe wonderful. You can get your cardio beast if you want, at the expense of speed or agility or balance or flexibility.

Yes, I am aware. My solution is much smoother however, as maxing out the physicals would take way longer at 175. As it is now, it's not even a question as to whether you max then out, you ALWAYS bring them up to 140+ eventually.

Maxing out all physicals at 175 would take, say, 30% longer than it takes now. Insert whatever percentage you like. This would mean that a lot of fighters couldn't have kicks or any non-essential clinch skills (knees/elbows) if they're maxing out the physicals. This would force you to prioritize and create diversity in fighter builds. A lot of managers would bring physicals to around 150 and then train STR and CARDIO specifically and bring it up to 170, as they tend to be very important.

It would be a huge boost to the game and prevent such barbaric measures as hard-capping physicals =/

We all like computer games that has as many possiblities as possible. It's human nature. We like freedom.

• Downvote 1