UFC 218 Holloway vs Aldo 2 Pick'em Thread

kenlow73

Aldo's not that past his prime, but he is definitely pretty shopworn at this point. I think Holloway came in with a great gameplan and looked phenomenal, but Aldo looks to have lost a lot of his power and his confidence over the years. It's a great win for Holloway, no doubt, but it doesn't raise his stock that much, in my opinion.

I think Aldo have to go 155, at that age he cant take those gruesome weight cuts anymore, he was almost passing out at the weigh in.

Aldo's not that past his prime, but he is definitely pretty shopworn at this point. I think Holloway came in with a great gameplan and looked phenomenal, but Aldo looks to have lost a lot of his power and his confidence over the years. It's a great win for Holloway, no doubt, but it doesn't raise his stock that much, in my opinion.

I dont think Aldo is past his prime. To be honest i just think mma styles are changing. People who move while strike get better results now. Especially at lower weights. Look at Cruz, Dillashaw, Garbrant, Holloway, even Coner. They dont stay planted with that muay thai stance like the old generation are (Aldo, Barao and others that I forgot)

it would be nice to see now an entering his prime Max facing mcgregor again ... and now Max is also doing the taunting and stuff
it won't be an all mcgregor taunting game :)

btw then again who am I kidding ... if mcnuggets fights again in MMA it would be against an older or an out of prime fighter for sure ...
most probably defending his title against BJ Penn ( all the respect to BJ ... a true champion ) so he can boast after the victory -_-

it would be nice to see now an entering his prime Max facing mcgregor again ... and now Max is also doing the taunting and stuff

it won't be an all mcgregor taunting game :)

btw then again who am I kidding ... if mcnuggets fights again in MMA it would be against an older or an out of prime fighter for sure ...

most probably defending his title against BJ Penn ( all the respect to BJ ... a true champion ) so he can boast after the victory -_-

Coner vs CM Punk, make it happen Dana.