Mike Tyson vs Muhammad Ali

bjornmma1

Ali would have beaten Tyson fairly easy... I like Mike but if you ever seen him fight in the Golden Gloves in NY you wouldve seen a totally different fighter than what you seen on TV... He was too predictable and Ali would have toyed with that... Marciano was very much like Mike Tyson or I should say Mike was like Rocky... My favorite boxer though was Sugar Ray Robinson. I loved watching the old fighters that could fight 150 fights and still smile, and his life story was great. I did my book reports on Robinson in High School.

I was also a big fan of Ken Norton and Boom Boom Mancini whos career ended after his tragic fight with Duk Ku Kim <--- (talk about having Heart as a Hidden I dont think anyone could beat Kim in that catagory) .

I see you bro.... BTW Lennox Lewis ate Mike Tyson up in Golden Gloves NY

• Upvote 1

What made Ali great were his opponents. Frazier, Foreman, Norton, Liston, Patterson, Cooper, etc.

Tyson was incredible on the way up (when he was disciplined) and I beleive he would have fought anyone in those days had the competition been there, but it wasn't. It's unfair really, but Tyson can never be considered a Legend in the same way Ali is.

Who would win the fantasy fight? Well, Ali has his record against Frazier to back up his claim. Yes, Ali had more dificulty with Frazier than anyone, and Tyson has some similarities to Frazier, but Ali did finally come out on top. When you add that to what happened when Tyson fought Lennox Lewis, I think it proves that Tyson would have to be considered underdog vs Ali.

What made Ali great were his opponents. Frazier, Foreman, Norton, Liston, Patterson, Cooper, etc.

Tyson was incredible on the way up (when he was disciplined) and I beleive he would have fought anyone in those days had the competition been there, but it wasn't. It's unfair really, but Tyson can never be considered a Legend in the same way Ali is.

Who would win the fantasy fight? Well, Ali has his record against Frazier to back up his claim. Yes, Ali had more dificulty with Frazier than anyone, and Tyson has some similarities to Frazier, but Ali did finally come out on top. When you add that to what happened when Tyson fought Lennox Lewis, I think it proves that Tyson would have to be considered underdog vs Ali.

see your talking about later mike ! the mike tyson that beat Michael Spinks could beat any man who has ever laced up gloves .

• Downvote 2

Tyson was not a good amatuer fighter... He looked terrible... I think Tyson would have really done well had he been able to control his emotions but when Cus passed away it kinda ruined him =( (and Don King didnt really help)

US national Golden Gloves heavyweight champion won gold medals at the 1981 and 1982 Junior Olympic Games TYSON won every bout at the Junior Olympic Games by knockout it had never been done before or after .His amateur record was an impressive 24-3, which would have made him the American heavyweight representative in the 1984 Olympics, had it not been for two controversial losses.

• 2 weeks later...

Mike Tyson would win, he is similar to Frazier and Kenny Norton, Fraziker beat ali once, lose the last fight ( when he was way past prime) and the second fight was, IMO, a draw, but Ali was very dirty and clinch realy ugly, the ref should take him some points away so IMO Frazier , from style, beat ali 2 and loose one,
Ken Norton beat ali, and in the first fight he hit the shit out of Ali, who was very quick, one of the best chins, and mentaly hard, but he lack of devence, and the Style like Norton, Frazier, Mike Tyson, was just all wrong for him, he was down some times by a left hook, and Mike have the ebst left hook, he was the fastest, the strongest, the best devense and, in his prime, a perfect mentality, he lives for boxing and with Rooney in his corner, he CAN beat everyone, Holyfiel was stylistic a nightmare for him, so would be a prime Vitali Klitchko!
Ali ist personaly GREAT but he has a lot of luck in the time, for his time he was a big HW, for nowdays he would be Small, Lennox Lewis, Wladimir kitchko, Mike Tyson, Holyfield would beat him, so would the HW Roy Jones.

• Upvote 1

see your talking about later mike ! the mike tyson that beat Michael Spinks could beat any man who has ever laced up gloves .

This is true, but the win is underrated, look, Ali and Frazier, booth hit the shit out of the other and the people say Great, Wladimir Klinchko dominate like a Lion but people like dumb wars when booth boxers get hit....Mike Tyson, in his prime, have one of the best, when not THE best defence of all time, to beat Mike, you need all punches, fight dirty, clinch a lot, i dont talk about "frustrate" Mike, i think a prime Mike with Kevin in his corner never get frustrated...

Mike Tyson would win by UD or TKO because his combinations would be too mutch for Alis coatch Dundee or the ref...

Mike have better tecknique, better defence, he have the ebst style to beat him, and his speed was similar....Tyson is all wrong for Ali.

• Upvote 1

This is true, but the win is underrated, look, Ali and Frazier, booth hit the shit out of the other and the people say Great, Wladimir Klinchko dominate like a Lion but people like dumb wars when booth boxers get hit....Mike Tyson, in his prime, have one of the best, when not THE best defence of all time, to beat Mike, you need all punches, fight dirty, clinch a lot, i dont talk about "frustrate" Mike, i think a prime Mike with Kevin in his corner never get frustrated...

Mike Tyson would win by UD or TKO because his combinations would be too mutch for Alis coatch Dundee or the ref...

Mike have better tecknique, better defence, he have the ebst style to beat him, and his speed was similar....Tyson is all wrong for Ali.

That is interesting and makes me doubt my opinion, but Ali wasn't easy to KO and I have a feeling that would have been enough for 2 rounds. Enough to beat Tyson, even in his prime.

I think this will solve the question: When I would play Fight Night: Champion, I could always beat Tyson pretty easy with Ali but I had a really hard time beating Ali with Tyson. And the reason for this is the reach of Ali. I think with two evenly match guys, reach becomes a huge factor,

Ali's footwork was what made him so good in that game. The guy could float like a butterfly yet sting like a wasp... or bee, whatever.

• 2 weeks later...

Watch Ali-Liston 2.....that was a fuxxing JOKE, what a stupid count.... Jersey Joe Walcott was a nce boxer, but he and the Timekeeper make Liston loose this fight, Ali was not in the white corner, so Joe doesnt have to count, but the timekeeper dont stop to count....sorry, but it was a joke,
Ali loose agains jimmy young too, i know Ali was way past his best, but the fact is, he loose!

Ali vs Frazier 2,IMO, the referee have to DQ Ali for so mutch holding, and it was a very close fight, i was thinking Ali won it, but after i realy re-watch the fight, and score, i have a Draw, but never a Ali-win!

The 3 Ken Norton fights...

He also fight way past prime boxers like Floyd Patterson who was a shadow of himself, Cleverland Williams was shot by a cop before the fight and was way past his best to, he was knocked out several times before the Ali fight.

Ali is a ATG, but never GOAT, Lennox Lewis, Mike Tyson, and Wladimir Klitchko, o Holyfield, would be a Nightmare for Ali, who was Big for his Time, but small agans Freaks like Lewis or Wladimir K, who is not only big, he is very fast, hit very hard, clinch till the opponent loose all his will, Holyfield and Mike box like Frazier and Norton, only mutch better in everything.

Ali is very overrated IMHO.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Turn Biased-European mode off and look at whats real, they took over a heavyweight division when the world's best BIG athletes chased more money in the NFL,MMA and other sports.

Turn off fact-ignoring American mode for a minute and you'll note that Boxing still pays better at the top level than NFL (let alone MMA which isn't even in the discussion for top paying sports), quit making excuses. The reality is that until recently many top class athletes from other countries (especially communist countries) weren't in a position to compete with those from the United States in professional contests, but in the Olympics the USSR had the US beaten in the boxing medal count back in the 1960s (and lets not even discuss Wrestling).

This isn't to say that Ali (or Tyson for that matter) would or wouldn't lose to Klitschko, more of a general comment about bias.

Okay Erik, youre right just like TheGuvnor/Humors... The Klitscho's are the best boxers of all time...

I wasnt saying American boxers are better than European boxers. I was saying that TheGuvnor was obviously biased to the Klitscho brothers with the comments he was making. Yeah, if you are Floyd Mayweather you might make more money on the top end. But athletes worldwide have chosen other sports than boxing in the most recent decades. If your biggest claim to greatness is "i had a washed up,end of his career Lennox Lewis beaten before i bled out" chances are, you arent a world beater. Cream of the crop athletes REGARDLESS of nationality find other sports to partake in rather than boxing.

Look at how many European, Middle eastern and Especially Asian basketball leagues exist now vs when the Klitscho's were old enough to choose a career path. Hell maybe Darko Milicic wouldnt have gotten his ass kicked in that kickboxing match recently if he trained kickboxing at 12 like he did to make it to the NBA.

• 3 months later...

tyson would win it would be over fast ali would fall before round 4 the reason is this

fighters got faster and stronger as the years went on

ali at his best would lose to tyson at his best

but here is the thing i have never seen a fighter that could beat a 20 or 21 year old mike tyson every one talks like ali was so fast

and he was for his time mike was real fast and he did not get hit he would have beat ali bad his peek-a-boo style would have been a nightmare for ali .

To me tyson's boxing is what made him great he had great defence and speed he would use his defence to set up his punch's

his power was great but as we seen when he started to head hunt and wing punch's it was not enough

when he started to only focus on power and forgot about his great defence and speed that was it for him

but at his best that mike could beat any man to ever put on boxing gloves .

• Downvote 1

To be fair, the Klitschkos would easily beat Tyson. He'd have been way too small to get past their jab. That's mainly because Tyson fought at Cruiserweight his entire career. David Haye had to bulk up an insane amount for heavyweight and was still way too small, even though he's like 4 inches taller than Tyson.

None the less, Tyson Vs Ali, man you can't have a fight that you flip flop more on. On one hand, Ali could dance around on the outside and land the jab. His straight right was so much stronger than it looked and Tyson could maybe get lit up badly from it. On the other side, Tyson had the ridiculous cardio to move his entire upperbody and dodge shots for as many rounds as the fight went on and if Ali spent several rounds missing shots, he'd probably start to change something up a bit. Tyson also has probably the most devastating one punch power in sporting history and we'd seen Ali go down at the hands of another insane puncher, Joe Frazier. If Tyson landed like Frazier did, the fight would have been over, as Tyson is essentially a super version of Smokin Joe.

Such an awesome fight to think about and it could really go either way. I can never actually decide who I think wins out of Ali and the Klitschkos. I go towards Ali because I reckon both Vitaly and Wladimir are too slow defensively and that Ali could get close enough to land and then get out before they react to it. Early rounds would probably overwhelmingly go to Ali until either Klitschko made an adjustment to their jab, which would even the fight up a lot for every round, going to an Ali decision.

• 4 weeks later...

I Think everyone forgets just how fast mike was he close the gap on his opponents so quick he would get inside using great head movement mike was hard to hit yet he stood right in front of his opponents

he used the peekaboo a defense of style to guard his head with his gloves and his body with his elbows that with is foot speed combined with his head movement and hand speed were downright amazing

Tyson was mostly known for his power to the casual fan..but Tyson's "defense" was great it was very under rated as was his speed

Tyson had power in both hands He threw those vicious combinations and i should stop calling it the prime tyson more like a discipline tyson

when he had that he could not be beat Ali was great but no way would he had beat tyson no way tyson had just as much skill and loads more power

do you think the rope a dope would have work with tyson ? lol