I'm about to begin learning BJJ

skull

That sounds like a MORE flexible version of the gogoplata lol. Usually you pull the back of their head into your shin, so if you had your leg the whole way across with the knee that seems like more flexibility haha.

Would just be a harder finish since their head can slip off the knee to either side where as the shin will be flat.

That's one thing, my legs are pretty ridiculously big. Like I'm hardly rocking a 6 pack up top but I've get the legs of like an 18 stone guy lol. I'd pretty much have the size of legs that Hunt has sans pro fighter muscle, but for some reason they're ridiculously flexible. Would love to do jiu jitsu to test myself out.

Looking now, I see there appears to be a solid enough jiu jitsu spot where I'm going to college at the end of the summer. Do you guys recommend I start in the beginners class for it?

I mean my my foot was on the ground with my knee pointing upwards, then pulled their face onto that lol. Tbf they were pretty bad so im not sure if that would work against a good person lol.

I would say start in the beginners class, if you fidn you are too good you can always move up, or you can start in the advanced class and learn by getting your ass whooped :D

Got a black eye and mat burn on my face...good times LOL

Yaay same combo happened to me yesterday. Dude accidentially elbowed me to my eye and after we finished rolling I found out that my chin and the area between nose and mouth (upper lip area?) was burned and reddish as hell. Im looking real handsome today @ work. ;)

I always get little red streaks all over my arms/face/neck/back/torso when I roll. I don't often, but does anyone have experience with this? Does it go away if you roll a ton? I hate going into public looking like I have some crazy skin disorder. They don't hurt, they just look stupid. I think its just little broken blood vessels under the skin, that is what it looks like at least.

I always get little red streaks all over my arms/face/neck/back/torso when I roll. I don't often, but does anyone have experience with this? Does it go away if you roll a ton? I hate going into public looking like I have some crazy skin disorder. They don't hurt, they just look stupid. I think its just little broken blood vessels under the skin, that is what it looks like at least.

I have the exact same thing but I have not trained BJJ for long so I cannot answer to your question. Hopefully it at least gets better lol.

It doesn't get a lot better, it's more you just get used to it.

Personally, I get a good rashguard and that helps out a tonne with it

It doesn't get a lot better, it's more you just get used to it.

Personally, I get a good rashguard and that helps out a tonne with it

This ^

Collar chokes in the gi are my fave, they in no way leave gross red marks all over your neck...nope. Not even a little.

I'm taking part in a small in house tournament this weekend. I'm super excited,for the most part I crush the other white belts my size, I get used by this purple belt dude my size but it gets tougher for him to beat me each time. I have a tenancy to spaz out sometimes due to me usually having a large strength advantage and more experience guys will survive sometimes and end up killin me after i gassed. I'm getting better about that though. Im gonna post some pictures and prob the videos of each my fights. Hopefully with a medal :winner:

I'm taking part in a small in house tournament this weekend. I'm super excited,for the most part I crush the other white belts my size, I get used by this purple belt dude my size but it gets tougher for him to beat me each time. I have a tenancy to spaz out sometimes due to me usually having a large strength advantage and more experience guys will survive sometimes and end up killin me after i gassed. I'm getting better about that though. Im gonna post some pictures and prob the videos of each my fights. Hopefully with a medal :winner:

Looking forward to it man, good luck! I know the anxiety of fighting in a tournament, have a good rest and motivate yourself :)

Done some drunken jiu jitsu last night.

Match 1:- I win via 3 second gogoplata. Looked pretty cool :D

Match 2:- I stupidly keep going submission over position. Eventually got a leg lock but was unable to control at all.

Match 3:- Neck got wrecked from a guillotine. Hard to get out of. Won with an arm triangle though.

Drunken jiu jitsu is awesome :D

Yeah my neck right now has what looks like a hickey with loads of little dots all under it which I'm assuming are from the pattern on my brother's jumper. Looks pretty awful.

I rolled with a dude last night that had a poofy afro thing and it was so aggravating. It was hard to hook my arm around his neck without pulling his hair. I was a nice guy though and tried to avoid doing that the best i could. I'd get that shit cornrowed or something if i was him