Openweight KT Tournament

This will be followed by an openweight KT division in our org. You are not obligated to stay on after the tournament, but you'd be welcome to. No ID restriction, no weight restriction, no restrictions of any kind. If you are interested in submitting a fighter, link them here. The response we get will determine when the tournament starts, and the size of the thing.

Also, would you prefer single elimination, double elimination or round robin style league play? Let us know in the comments.

I would imagine both; with the lack of KT events available, and not wanting to run a full on KT org, I think that would be the best way. We will do our best to match up fair fights, and of course you wouldn't have to take a fight you weren't comfortable with.

I would imagine both; with the lack of KT events available, and not wanting to run a full on KT org, I think that would be the best way. We will do our best to match up fair fights, and of course you wouldn't have to take a fight you weren't comfortable with.

Well, the deal of a tournament is to fight anyone offered, and sorry, just invite the Top 16KT fighters, everyone is looking for fights currently.....

Eight contestants so far, so it seems like there will be plenty of interest. I'm going to set the sign up deadline for a week from today, September 3. Contracts will be sent out, and depending on the number of entries we will do either a double elimination bracket tournament or a round robin style elimination tournament similar to the LoL tournament. Since this is my first time running a tournament, I am also open to advice and suggestions from the veterans.

• Upvote 1

Problem with both in the tournament setting is you cant make sure fights are fair. But if its both I'm out. I dont have any KT.

The division will remain openweight after the tournament; however, you need not participate in the tournament to sign up for the openweight KT division. After the tournament, we will do our best to pair fighters of similar stature. I hope this clarified a little bit.

The org owner and I are discussing prizes; donations would be welcome and applied 100% to the winner or winners of the tournament. Also, any "special" prizes that people would like to donate, like most KOs or things of that nature, would be very welcome.

Thirteen contestants signed, with three days left. This will be a single elimination tournament, with the losers continuing to vie for a runner-up consolation prize yet to be determined. First fights will be 9/26, and every two weeks after that. This will he a longer tournament so that every fight sees the contestants fully rested with time to train and prepare in between. Hopefully, this makes the event more reliant on fighter skill and manager savvy, and we will see who is truly the best Kickboxer in the game.

There are still three days to sign up, for anyone still interested in entering a fighter.