32-Man Double-Elimination Creation Tournament(1 Year VIP 1st place)

weedamins

I realise you played 6 years ago but maybe times have changed. Like Joe Lang said, it's no easy thing to fill a 32 man tournament these days and a lot of people who have posted in this thread have all been trying to offer you friendly advice so you can get your tournament filled as quickly as possible and not berate you as you may think.

Best of luck with the tournament.

32-man Tournaments aren't "Hard" they just require effort... The effort that most aren't willing to put in. I've probably messaged over 300 managers in the past 2-3 days, hence the rapid grow/success of the sign-ups. Most just want to post it on the forums and wait for people to sign-up.. Yeah that's great and all... but what most of the forums users don't even realize(which is funny considering mike sends out these #'s weekly) the active user base on the forums is ~150 every week and the active user base of the game is ~450... only 25% of the active users are in these forums and most are established members. Let's Review some "friendly advice" thus far:

No offense man, but I doubt you could tell if someone picked Is A Popular Fighter.

That's a solid way to make people not want to join

I can feel the love...lol. :rolling:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

While this reply to my post kinda looks like a rant, I want to point out that my post was just a simple heads up and arguments on why people are holding back to signing up to this tournament.

I support the tournament idea, I'm just a little speechless about the whole rant you just threw at me.

First of all, I couldn't care less about you being a vet manager from 6 years ago, you're still a tycoon manager that wants to play, have fun, and doing a good deed by hosting a tournament, which is always fun to be part of. Don't take anything I say the wrong way, I too am trying to help.

Second, I am not a competing organization with you, you just happened to start a 300k org in LA. There's currently a lot of 300k orgs out there, and I see none of them as competition, not because I think I'm above or below any of them, but because I rather see all of them as orgs that could potentially work together in a near future. There's a lot of fighters out there, and the majority of new org owners either quit or go inactive, so the last thing I will do is try to compete.

To conclude this, hope you stick around with the org, looking forward to see it grow, and to help out a bit, sign me up for the tournament. While I'm not a big fan of your popularity requirement, I can work around it.

1. I understand you`re trying to help, but you have to realize the perception someone will have when you ARE a competing ORG(even if you don't perceive yourself as such). We are the only 300k ORG's in LA, Knockout & Kalashnikov in Vegas, and Steel Penn in Hilo. All of which are trying to hire fighters from the same "fighter pool". So when you tell me how I should conduct my tournament, or how you'd run this tournament.. In my thread.

2.With that being said, I'm also not the type of guy to fuck over competitors in this tournament and competing ORGs, Hence why all my fighters are based out of LA and signed to other ORGs. I don't find it proper when the promoter is running all his fighters in the org or competing in his own tournaments. That's why you've got some of my fighters in your org, so does knockout, etc.

3. Sadly Mike Tycoon, had this brought to his attention; and may still even be on his roadmap for MMAtycoon, Allowing Fighters to be signed to an Organization but allow them to take single fight contracts with other ORGs. (This is much more complex to code than you'd think) That was ~5 years ago. So Orgs working together typically doesn't happen unless they are either doing some of these ideas: Org vs Org Team Fights(typically alliance wars), Feeder ORGs( You have the main ORG that will have maybe 1-4 feeder ORGs below it bringing fighters up from their creation), or someone is quitting the game and wants their fighters to have a good home at a neighboring ORG(ALL ORG owners if quitting should do this!)

4. With all that aside, I'm glad to have you; and Good Luck!

also I will be sending out notifications 1 week before and on creation date; I'll also be making a fighter as soon as the clock strikes midnight GMT to see if anyone is cheating.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

1. I understand you`re trying to help, but you have to realize the perception someone will have when you ARE a competing ORG(even if you don't perceive yourself as such). We are the only 300k ORG's in LA, Knockout & Kalashnikov in Vegas, and Steel Penn in Hilo. All of which are trying to hire fighters from the same "fighter pool". So when you tell me how I should conduct my tournament, or how you'd run this tournament.. In my thread.

2.With that being said, I'm also not the type of guy to fuck over competitors in this tournament and competing ORGs, Hence why all my fighters are based out of LA and signed to other ORGs. I don't find it proper when the promoter is running all his fighters in the org or competing in his own tournaments. That's why you've got some of my fighters in your org, so does knockout, etc.

3. Sadly Mike Tycoon, had this brought to his attention; and may still even be on his roadmap for MMAtycoon, Allowing Fighters to be signed to an Organization but allow them to take single fight contracts with other ORGs. (This is much more complex to code than you'd think) That was ~5 years ago. So Orgs working together typically doesn't happen unless they are either doing some of these ideas: Org vs Org Team Fights(typically alliance wars), Feeder ORGs( You have the main ORG that will have maybe 1-4 feeder ORGs below it bringing fighters up from their creation), or someone is quitting the game and wants their fighters to have a good home at a neighboring ORG(ALL ORG owners if quitting should do this!)

4. With all that aside, I'm glad to have you; and Good Luck!

also I will be sending out notifications 1 week before and on creation date; I'll also be making a fighter as soon as the clock strikes midnight GMT to see if anyone is cheating.

1. I never told you how you should conduct your tournament, I told you why managers are complaining. Seems like you like to take everything way too seriously and get pissed quite easily.

2. While I partially agree with the bolded statement, this is still a game, starting an org can be tough, I've had a lot of fighters compete in my own (I think I'm 3-11 in my org) since I needed to fill events. As long as an org owner doesn't make a living out of his own org, like having 100% of his fighters compete there (not gonna say any names, but the org rhymes with MAMMA and the owner is a cbomb), then I don't see an issue. That's my opinion though.

3. For someone who's been around for "6 years" and seems to know everything about this game, I find it hard to understand why you say orgs working together doesn't happen. Not gonna comment on this, I'll let you figure it out.

4. Thank you. Was gonna ask if you'd send notifications before creation, cause I tend to forget a lot, that's awesome.

• Upvote 2

1. I never told you how you should conduct your tournament, I told you why managers are complaining. Seems like you like to take everything way too seriously and get pissed quite easily.

2. While I partially agree with the bolded statement, this is still a game, starting an org can be tough, I've had a lot of fighters compete in my own (I think I'm 3-11 in my org) since I needed to fill events. As long as an org owner doesn't make a living out of his own org, like having 100% of his fighters compete there (not gonna say any names, but the org rhymes with MAMMA and the owner is a cbomb), then I don't see an issue. That's my opinion though.

3. For someone who's been around for "6 years" and seems to know everything about this game, I find it hard to understand why you say orgs working together doesn't happen. Not gonna comment on this, I'll let you figure it out.

4. Thank you. Was gonna ask if you'd send notifications before creation, cause I tend to forget a lot, that's awesome.

Re:1. Yes, Otherwise you yourself would have joined the tournament earlier, until I went on my "rants", which were basic in-depth responses to your statements.

RE:2. As I said there are exceptions, but on the whole when the Fighter ID#'s are new and the ORGs are as well, They rarely work together. Trading fighters sometimes, saying my fighters will fight in your org if I can do the same for you, etc..

again though, on the whole they won't.. But considering how much this game has declined in active user base, ORGs should work together.

RE:3. I don't know everything about this game, I'm just extremely confident in the facts I do know. If you'd like me to explain the economics of how what MMATycoon system was based on(Free Market Enterprise, even though you`re limited to owning 1 business) I'd be more than happy to, but that's purely based from a mathematical perspective, rather than a humanistic/compassionate side; which friendships, etc. will play into "friendly" ORGs working together. Logical reasons why orgs will work together: Alliance, Friends, Family, Feeder ORG, Trading their own fighters, Loan given(wants to see ROI), 1-2 more reason I'd imagine but are slipping my memory atm.

RE:4. No problem.

What I'm trying to get across to you is that the way you approached this thread by the first thing you said was:

Posted 09 December 2016 - 04:56 PM

Ticking popularity, I think, starts your fighter with 60 hype/pop instead of 30, so this is why he says that he will be able to tell the difference.

Edit: or 50, not sure exactly, I wouldn't tick it, i just remember signing a fighter that had more hype/pop and was 0-0-0

That wasn't "Awesome Idea, but people aren't going to like it because X or Y"... It's you trying to explain uneducatedly to someone else that didn't understand how I'd be able to tell if the "hidden" was selected. Then Claiming you wouldn't Tick it, which means you wouldn't enter the tournament.

Understand how you present to someone else, is key.

As I understand how I am.... I'm extremely nice to people that are nice to me;

and I'll be a condescending asshole to the ignorant trolls, assholes, complainers, and anyone that I perceive as attacking something I am, own, or created.

• Downvote 3

As someone who has successfully completed a 32 man creation tournament i gotta say i am impressed you managed to get all those signed up.

Wishing you the best of luck and hopefully it won't be too much of a headache managing 32 different managers and trying to keep it all organized.

Let me throw in 50k for Fastest Sub and 50k for Fastest (T)KO.

• Upvote 2

As someone who has successfully completed a 32 man creation tournament i gotta say i am impressed you managed to get all those signed up.

Wishing you the best of luck and hopefully it won't be too much of a headache managing 32 different managers and trying to keep it all organized.

Let me throw in 50k for Fastest Sub and 50k for Fastest (T)KO.

That would be awesome, Thank you! much <3