OFC: Ontario Fight Club - Official Smack Talk Thread

Justus

Mr. Finn has accepted to fight Hulk Hogan on April 17th in OFC 10. Finn had some initial thoughts on the upcoming bout...

"He looks tough. I know his record isn't great but he is on a 2 fight win streak and seems to be finding his style and how he wants to attack. Hogan has also never been KOd so you can guess his jaw is tough as hell. I got some concerns going into the fight but I've got a lot of time to train for this one and hopefully get myself in a position to handle anything Hulk may throw at me."

Josh Rover recently sat down with MMA connected about his future in MMA, this is what he had to say:

Showdown: Hello Josh thanks for coming down to do this interview.

Josh Rover: You know you hit the big show when your being interviewed for nationwide t.v.

S: So you have an up & coming bout against Steven Seagal at OFC: Blood Night 3, what do you have to say about that fight?

J.R: King is a good owner & i respect everything he does. This fight i think will be fight of the night because we are evenly matched & anyone of us can lose at anytime. I have nothing against Seagal but i want to kick his @$$. He's going to sleep early on the 2nd.

S: What's your plan for the fight?

J.R: My plan is to go in there & knock him out, if I can't do that then i will choke him out.

S: What was your thoguhts on Finnian Liam's & Daunte Jordan's fight at OFC 7?

J.R: I didn't see it live because i was down at Syn 100 with my brother but i saw them later & relized that Daunte Jordan is dangerus. As for Finnian Liam i would like to see what he could do on the ground.

S: Speaking about your brother do you think he is going to come back to Canada?

J.R: No because he is trying to reach the top in Las Vegas. If he comes back it will be for a new start.

S: If you win your next fight where will it put you in the line for a title shot?

J.R: Maybe 2 more fights away, hopefully by then their will be a new champion or my clinch game gets better.

S: Thank you for coming.

J.R: No Problem.

Mr. Finn has accepted to fight Hulk Hogan on April 17th in OFC 10. Finn had some initial thoughts on the upcoming bout...

"He looks tough. I know his record isn't great but he is on a 2 fight win streak and seems to be finding his style and how he wants to attack. Hogan has also never been KOd so you can guess his jaw is tough as hell. I got some concerns going into the fight but I've got a lot of time to train for this one and hopefully get myself in a position to handle anything Hulk may throw at me."

hogans read the forums... he had a lot to say about the upcoming fight...

" LET ME TELL U SOMETHING BROTHER!!!! i cant stand fighters who talk a lotta smack, and i havent had an opponent run his mouth so much before a fight brother!!!! i gotta admit, this guy im fighting is one hell of a boxer brother, but im a great boxer also, and i am just as good at muay thai. its all i train its what i eat breathe and smell brother!!! so april 17th, when all those ofc hulkamaniacs come to that arena to watch the hulkster fight brother... its going to be a FIGHT, and i wont go down for no man, if your not a machine, your not knocking me out, and thats this guys only shot! so ill be there april 17th brother, ill be there ready for my 5th win. so whatchyou gunna do mr finn, whatchya gunna do, when HULK HOGAN, from Masters MMA runs wildddddddd onnnnnnnnn youuuuuuuuuu "

bobby boonhas thoughts (hogans manager)

"yea this is a great fight for hogan, he has really turned his career around, and he is so determined, out of all the guys i manage , he is the most experience, and ill tell ya, it really is paying off that he has been so active, he gets better after each fight, win or loss, and i truly believe, for all the betters out there... hogan is defiently the one to put the money on!"

thanks

Finn having seen Hulk Hogan's comments had this to post on his web page:

"I tried to show Mr. Hogan some respect but in typical Hogan fashion he had to get all theatrical about it. Let me just say this, I'd call the guy old news after as many fights as he's had, but he would have to have BEEN news to be old news. Hogan is gonna make a new acquaintance on April 17th, the canvas. I will be aggressive and I will stop at nothing to knock this man out in fantastic fashion so you fellas near cage side be ready to catch another damn mouthpiece...brother"

hogans a forum junky, i tried to argue him posting this but he demanded it....

" i seen all i need to see now brother, hulk hogan theatrical ? ya damn right brother! and ima put on another SHOW come april 17th, i aint BEEN nothing ??? thats cuz i started off my career facing the best of the best and had a couple loses handed my way, i just started winning and finding my groove, u said it urself brother... now im ready to stack them wins and beat every heavyweight in the ofc brother. train hard brother. i aint comin to lose brother. hogans here for good. and come april 17th, u will be wondering how a proficent boxer can be whippin a remarkable boxers ass in the stand up... BROTHER. all the ofc hulkamaniacs know who to bet for. and also know where the best train! MASTERS MMA (shameless plug)"

bobby boonoahs thoughts:

"hogans pissed, im really uncomfortable when im around him ever since the beef started with him and fin, he yells when he trains , he is in the gym twice as long, he is so much more focused... this is a different version of hulk hogan, he aint jus a wrestler anymore (hahaha), he really has become a well rounded mma fighter. he is ready for this fight against the undefeated finn, he might have been thrown into tough fights at bad times before, where we knew he was prolly gunna lose... but this fights different, we know we are ready, hogans gunan shine.."

hahahaha

Finn's manager Shamus was reached for comment outside his headquarters in London, the Irishmen was in rare form, in saying so we simply mean he was actually sober:

"Awww the lad's a bit fired up to be sure. It's a hoog fight for da yoongster. If it were me I'm not sure I'd try to rile up Hulk Hogan but I'm also not Mr. Finn. My biggest concern is that Finn is giving up almost 40 pounds in this fight. When I first brought him on I planned to have him fight at 205 but his first contract came at Heavy so that's what he does. We've got him on weight gainers on his off days so I'm hoping to see a bigger man enter the ring next month. I'm fairly sure he can use his mobility and added quickness to avoid the trouble spots against Hulk and keep the fight purely at a distance. So far he's backed up his public statements so I'm expecting nothing short of a KO from him this time as well."

Finn had this to say following his manager's comments:

"To be perfectly honest I'm not thrilled with what Shamus said. I understand what he's saying but I don't care for it. All this about speed and quickness...I'm gonna stand in this cage and go toe-to-toe with this man. I don't care if he has 100 pounds on me. This isn't about weight, it's about skill and I'm the more skilled, physically prepared fighter. I've got a ton riding on this bout and I NEED to win it. I want to be the first superstar Heavyweight of the OFC and no one is getting in the way of that."

hulk hogan demanded another public speaking session where he gathered media today after his training session at Masters MMA gym, and he had a lot more to say about OFC 10, and his fight...

" the hulkster really appreciates all the media here today... now regarding this whole OFC 10 beef i wanna get a few things clear brother... my finn started the talk between us, hewas the one who drew first blood brother.. he started off talking for no reason about me as a fighter.. sure he wasnt saying bad bad things about the hulkster, but he shouldnt have been speaking my name in the first place brother... its like vince mcman when he talked his trash about me going to the wcw brother.. its all the same. Mr Fin got me upset so i had a few bad things to say, and he comes back right away talkin bad things , so i fire back, i always will brother...

now in reality, he is a respectful fighter, and as am i, im ready to test myself again, its been a while since ive fought an undefeated fighter, if i win ill do what i was suppose to do, and if he beats me ill give him all the credit in the world brother.. but one things guaranteed, all the ofc hulkamaniacs are gunna get the bang for their buck brother, we are gunna stand up and brawl, someone is getting knocked out in this one, and im glad i got a great chin brother!

good luck to mr fin, he is gunna need it! and tell shanus if he has any other heavyweights for me to beat up, ill be down ... so what ya gunna do shanus, what ya gunna do OFC, wut yall guna do, when HULK HOGAN, fucks a few niggas up on youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu nigga"

he stormed out after that, pushing the fans outta the way who were expecting autographs and pictures and etc..

bobby boonah was too busy training and running his gym to be able to talk..

but we did also get a few of the Masters MMA fighters opinions on the fight, all of them also fight for OFC...

Jesse Brinkley's Thoughts

"hogans a beast in the gym, he really is one of the few guys who is on my level technically in boxing, all i know is he is facing a pure boxer, and thats not anything hogan has to worry about, he is absolutely great on the feet."

Steve Austin's Thoughts

"no one can mess with the hulkaman himself. gimme a hell yea if u think hogans gunna win.. HELL YEA!!! "

Don Self's Thoughts

"argagagagagaagagagahahahaha"

gunna be a great show. ofc is taking over montreal!

Mr. Finn: "Gonna be a great fight and may the best fighter win. You won't see any excuses if I lose or any nonsense if I win. I know Hulk is one of the toughest Heavyweights in the OFC and this one is gonna be a full on battle."

Lookin forward to that one ^

Last night's show was our highest rated event yet! Nicely done.

OFC 8: Slaughterhouse

27 March 2010

Weight Rounds Winner Loser Method Round Time

205 lbs 5 John Chambers Niko Bellic KO (Punch) 1 00:27 205 lbs Title

185 lbs 5 James May Ricky Raider Decision (Unanimous) 5 05:00 185 lbs Title

170 lbs 3 Bart Simpson Brian Gator Decision (Unanimous) 3 05:00

185 lbs 3 Carter Hardy Hwang Jang lee Submission (Armbar) 1 00:45

205 lbs 3 Armando Bronca Roland Deschain Submission (RNC) 2 02:29

170 lbs 3 Dorian Freeman Leeland Chapman KO (Head Kick) 2 01:03

185 lbs 3 Ryan Dixon Pat Tuou KO (Punch) 1 00:13

265 lbs 3 Ben Belkin Terry Tate Submission (Armbar) 2 01:42

205 lbs 3 Bolo Yeung Robert Plant Submission (Armbar) 1 01:05

155 lbs 3 Malik Carr Sebastion Castle Submission (Kimura) 2 04:06

Fight of the Night:

James May vs Ricky Raider = Decision (Unanimous) 185 lbs Title

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=126459

KO of the Night:

Dorian Freeman vs Leeland Chapman = KO (Head Kick)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=126463

Submission of the Night:

Bolo Yeung vs Robert Plant = Submission (Armbar)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=126466

"Scott Tenorman, has no f*cking stand it up, it was such a f*cking easy match. I destroyed him so badly, I hope I sent a big message to the 185ers in the OFC. I expected Tenorman to be a challenge, but he wasn't even able to land 1 punch, dangerous or not. My next fight is against Carter Hardy, who is a grappler and ground fighter. After I KTFO out of him (not that he is not a challenge and that I'm not gonna train) I'm going towards James May and his title." - Thiago Suzuki

After his lost Josh Rover had this to say "I only made one mistake & it cost me. I didn't think his bjj was that good but I thought he was only a boxer. That mistake gave me my first lost. **** if I stayed in the clinch I would have won. Could of & would of are different. Next fight my opponent better be scared cus he is get the lights knocked out *****.

OFC: Blood Night III

02 April 2010

205 lbs 3 Steve Austin Randy Tessin Submission (RNC) 2 04:56

265 lbs 3 Lucius Vorenus Bill West KO (Punch) 1 00:24

185 lbs 3 Thiago Suzuki Scott Tenorman TKO (Strikes) 1 02:23

155 lbs 3 Andrew Means Mike Styles Submission (Armbar) 1 01:26

265 lbs 3 Steven Seagal Josh Rover Submission (Kimura) 1 03:46

155 lbs 3 BJ Pennet Pedro Querido Decision (Unanimous) 3 05:00

265 lbs 3 Dolph Lundgren Marcelo Dourado Submission (Guillotine) 1 00:44

205 lbs 3 Vic Sommers Anakin Richards TKO (Strikes) 1 02:29

170 lbs 3 Kitrand Evomase Jack Daniels Submission (Triangle) 1 04:21

170 lbs 3 Jackson McMillan Ryan Atwood Submission (Arm Triangle) 1 03:03

Fight of the Night:

Thiago Suzuki vs Scott Tenorman = TKO (Strikes)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=128487

KO of the Night:

Lucius Vorenus vs Bill West = KO (Punch)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=128486

Submission of the Night:

Dolph Lundgren vs Marcelo Dourado = Submission (Guillotine)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=128491

OFC 9: Redemption

10 April 2010

155 lbs 5 Spikey Norman Corey Haim Submission (Anaconda Choke) 1 01:04 155 lbs Title

170 lbs 3 Jesse Brinkley Chris Jones Draw 3 05:00

155 lbs 3 Teddy Ferguson Jake Roberts Decision (Unanimous) 3 05:00

155 lbs 3 Sean Taylor Dog Chapman TKO (Punches) 2 00:52

205 lbs 3 Michael Scofield Joe Low Submission (Kimura) 1 04:03

185 lbs 3 Don Self Pat Tuou Decision (Unanimous) 3 05:00

185 lbs 3 Mason Saunders Rick Stevenson Submission (Kimura) 1 02:21

205 lbs 3 Sam Badam Jasyn Zangari Decision (Unanimous) 3 05:00

170 lbs 3 Xaiver Anderson Chris Render No Contest 1 00:00

185 lbs 3 Diego Sanavio Joe Flow Submission (RNC) 1 01:56

Fight of the Night:

Jesse Brinkley vs Chris Jones = Draw

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=129676

KO of the Night:

Sean Taylor vs Dog Chapman = TKO (Punches)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=129678

Submission of the Night:

Spikey Norman vs Corey Haim = Submission (Anaconda Choke)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=129675

OFC 9: Redemption

10 April 2010

155 lbs 5 Spikey Norman Corey Haim Submission (Anaconda Choke) 1 01:04 155 lbs Title

170 lbs 3 Jesse Brinkley Chris Jones Draw 3 05:00

155 lbs 3 Teddy Ferguson Jake Roberts Decision (Unanimous) 3 05:00

155 lbs 3 Sean Taylor Dog Chapman TKO (Punches) 2 00:52

205 lbs 3 Michael Scofield Joe Low Submission (Kimura) 1 04:03

185 lbs 3 Don Self Pat Tuou Decision (Unanimous) 3 05:00

185 lbs 3 Mason Saunders Rick Stevenson Submission (Kimura) 1 02:21

205 lbs 3 Sam Badam Jasyn Zangari Decision (Unanimous) 3 05:00

170 lbs 3 Xaiver Anderson Chris Render No Contest 1 00:00

185 lbs 3 Diego Sanavio Joe Flow Submission (RNC) 1 01:56

Fight of the Night:

Jesse Brinkley vs Chris Jones = Draw

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=129676

KO of the Night:

Sean Taylor vs Dog Chapman = TKO (Punches)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=129678

Submission of the Night:

Spikey Norman vs Corey Haim = Submission (Anaconda Choke)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=129675

Just wondering what the awards are based on like for KO of the night, is it the rating of fight or the speed, domince, comeback, ect.

OFC 10: Finnian Liam vs Hulk Hogan: Post Fight News Conference

Finn: I'm not here to take questions and I'm not gonna spend a lot of time on this but Mr. Hogan wanted to know what I was gonna do when the Hulkster came for me? Simple, knock him the hell out. After all that barking I gotta say it felt good to drop his ass in the middle of that cage. I knew from the beginning that I was the more skilled, physically gifted fighter and it showed. I can't wait to get back to my training and begin preparing for whoever my next opponent may be. I'll be ring side at OFC 11 for the Heavyweight title bout. Should be a great fight and hopefully it will serve as some useful scouting. Thanks fellas and have a good night.

OFC 10: Finnian Liam vs Hulk Hogan: Post Fight News Conference

Finn: I'm not here to take questions and I'm not gonna spend a lot of time on this but Mr. Hogan wanted to know what I was gonna do when the Hulkster came for me? Simple, knock him the hell out. After all that barking I gotta say it felt good to drop his ass in the middle of that cage. I knew from the beginning that I was the more skilled, physically gifted fighter and it showed. I can't wait to get back to my training and begin preparing for whoever my next opponent may be. I'll be ring side at OFC 11 for the Heavyweight title bout. Should be a great fight and hopefully it will serve as some useful scouting. Thanks fellas and have a good night.

Liam has some heavy hands, I suggest him to move down to the light heavyweight division, since he's a small heavyweight. Hell, he can even come down to 185, Thiago Suzuki's territory.

Would take quite a bit of weight loss for Finn to fight at 185 but I did originally intend for him to fight at 205. Of course he just tattooed a 265 pound man so I guess he's fine fighting bigger men as well. At some point I would like to see him fight at 205 but I think I need to get his conditioning a little higher because right now he can only cut to 207 when he has 100% energy. That's what I get for putting him on a weight gainer and taking him off of 220 haha. That being said I'm happy with him as a Heavy right now.